Z-wave Somfy shades report as open when closed and closed when open

• Platform information:
    • openHAB version:3.2M4

After clicking the Office Shades up button

The shades are fully opened and report as closed

After clicking the down

The shades are fully closed and report as open

Setting the “deprecated dimmer” to 40

The shades are half open and report as such.

Any suggestions as to why?

I’m bumping this.

@chris I’m not sure if this is a Z-Wave issue or a core issue. Do you have any thoughts?

The event log

2021-12-01 17:31:16.563 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'OfficeShades_Rollershutter' received command UP
2021-12-01 17:31:18.126 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_Rollershutter' changed from 0 to 2
2021-12-01 17:31:18.127 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_DimmerDeprecated' changed from 0 to 2
2021-12-01 17:31:18.177 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_Rollershutter' changed from 2 to 5
2021-12-01 17:31:18.179 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_DimmerDeprecated' changed from 2 to 5
2021-12-01 17:31:35.998 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_Rollershutter' changed from 5 to 100
2021-12-01 17:31:35.999 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'OfficeShades_DimmerDeprecated' changed from 5 to 100

FYI

These are motorized Bali shades ordered with Z-Wave. Apparently they use Somfy as their Z-Wave implementation

Not really. A list of item state changes doesn’t really provide any information about why the state changed - it just logs the changes. If this is a zwave device (which I’m also unclear about) then debug logs from the zwave binding might help.

Yes… it is a zwave device
Debug logs
events.log (73.1 KB)
openhab.log (80.9 KB)

So when the
Rollershutter item is 100, my shades are fully open and OH reports the shades as Closed
Rollershutter item is 0, my shades are fully closed and OH reports the shades as Open

So when sending commands, the result is as expected

openhab:send OfficeShades_Rollershutter UP

The shades open up fully

openhab:send OfficeShades_Rollershutter DOWN

The shades close fully

It is the case that OH is reporting the shade status as opposite of the actual shade status

As I said, I do not know if this is a Z-Wave issue, a OH Core issue, or incomplete OH setup.

There are two configurations on the blind_control channel - one that will invert the control, and one that will invert the status. You should be able to use these to configure your system.

Looking at the log, I don’t see any issue - the binding correctly reflects the status reported by the device and I don’t see any random values reported like you showed in your first post.

–deleted
Found it

That did it.

@smitopher -

How do you like these shades? I’m considering buying some bali shades form Blinds.com

They look nice and work well. The motor is not silent but not too distracting.

1 Like

How do you control these blinds through OH? Which remote do you have so that you can control via zwave?

OH communicates directly with the z-wave controlled motor in the shades. The Bali remotes are not used by OH.

I have, but I am not using, the Bali Premium remote.

You can program the Bali Blinds to respond to both the Bali remotes and OH. I did not bother with that. My blinds are only controlled with OH.

Your OH server will need a “z-wave stick”, there are several available. I use a HUSBZB-1.

I ask because I am looking for roller shades, and zwave options are limited. Clearly you are successfully using Bali blinds, so I investigated the brand. Not seeing Bali in the zwave database prompted the question. Must be same solution (somfy) but different manufacturer.

yup