Z-wave stopped? z-stick issues?

I can assure you it as been restarted countless times over the last year. The stick has been removed, put in a computer, put back in the pi, etc on several occasions.

It’s not jumping to a conclusion either. It was working fine for a year. I installed 2.5. It stopped working. That’s a fairly clear cut sequence of events with no other events in between to muddy the waters. This is not a random coincidence.

And again, I’m not suggesting this was a problem with OpenHab. I’m suggesting that something changed in OpenHab that pushed the existing problem with the z-stick to become fatal. That’s not a bad thing, so there is no need to pretend “nothing changed, it’s a random coincidence”.

My point is, every time the network is restarted, “something changed” It may have not causes the issue to arise, but it was still change.

I guess we can agree to disagree. However the number of times I hear people say that it is “definately related to X” only to fine out that it’s not is very high. All I was trying to say is that you should keep an open mind - prejudging the reason for this sort of thing always makes it harder to understand.

I understand, but I think this is unlikely and I think it’s worth keeping an open mind on such matters.

I’m not pretending nothing has changed - I’m saying that I don’t think that anything has changed that would cause this. Sure - there have been changes in the binding, but it’s reasonably limited, and if this was really a major issue, then we would have tens of thousands of people complaining I think?

Maybe you have more information on the issue and are able to make a better analyses, but my thinking at the moment is it is probably unrelated to the change in the binding.

1 Like

Tens of thousands of people don’t necessarily have the dead nodes that I had. It could even be limited to certain types of dead nodes or certain specific failures of the nodes. And the fact that this thread exists shows it’s not just me this happened to.

I do have an open mind. If there is some other thing going on in my house that caused this failure immediately after installing 2.5, I’m wide open to hear what that could be. My dog was taking a nap, so it wasn’t her.