Z-Wave switched USB power supply

I am looking for a USB power supply (5V) where the USB power output can be turned on/off via a Z-Wave switch command. Any suggestions?

I suppose you want something more elegant than a regular USB adapter in a Zwave outlet plug?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a central registry of ALL certified devices by the Z-Wave Alliance. Maybe you will find something there.

If you’re in North America, the Zooz Zen25 double plug has a USB port that puts out 5V/2.1A.

https://www.getzooz.com/zooz-zen25-double-plug/

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any Z-Wave devices that only have USB ports.

I have a couple of Tuya-based power bars (WiFi) that have four USB ports, but they can only be switched all at once and only provide a max of 2.4A. That’s not super useful.

I also have a TP-Link Kasa power bar with two USB ports, but those ports are always on. Also not useful.

I considered suggesting the Zen25 (I have one, but do not have the USB switch linked). In the documentation it says no Zwave control, but will send an OFF when a device charging is complete. (Or at least that is the way I read it.)

That also seems not useful. Or maybe kinda-but-not-entirely useful?

1 Like