Z-wave Unknown Device (ZWN-RSM1 in-wall relay switch, Enerwave)

Hello!

I’m just getting started with OpenHAB2 (no experience with OpenHAB), and while importing Z-wave things, I’ve found that one my devices (an in-wall relay single switch) is not in the database.

After reading some posts, I think I’ve determined that I cannot do much about this without either a) registering on the database, or b) installing an eclipse development environment, which is beyond me at this point.

Within the Z-wave device database, there is a very similar device already created, the ZWN-RSM2, which is an in-wall relay dual switch.

The database guide indicates that I should upload the XML file created by OpenHAB2, however, even after adding the thing to OpenHAB using the inbox through either HABMin or PaperUI, no XML file is created in /opt/openhab2/userdata/zwave . I can see my other nodes (2,3,4 & 6), but the assigned Node (5) was not created.

There is an online listing for the device here.

The message I get in PaperUI looks like this:

Z-Wave Node 5 (011A:0111:0605:5.10)
Unknown Device

This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

Is there anything else I can do to help add this device to the database?

Thanks,

Sherwin

If there is no XML created, then please provide a debug logfile showing the initialisation of the device so we can work out what is stopping it initialising.

I have run into the same problem, but my install did create an XML. Where do I send the file? As a new user, I can’t upload it.

I just purchased an outdoor floodlight from 007 Systems and it uses the same relay (Enerwave ZWN-RSM1-Plus). My system produced the XML so I’m going to go through Chris’ process for inclusion in the database. At first glance, it seems he documented this pretty well on his site.

UPDATE: I see this was just added to the database 5 days ago but it’s under the manufacturer’s name “Wenzhou MTLC Electric Appliances Co.,Ltd.”, not Enerwave. Also the database lists the Thing ID and Label as “ZWM” instead of “ZWN”. From what I can tell, this should be the latter.