Z-Wave - Unknown Devices - PAN08 - (Philio Technology Corp)

Hello,
I added a device, but it’s status stays on unknown and it doesn’t show the manufacturer ID, device ID and type.
Below is a a link to the device in the DB (i am not sure if it is the same version):
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/175

What should I do?

Did you read the text that is shown in PaperUI? I think it provides the answer doesn’t it? :wink:

1 Like

I read it and don’t know what to do.

• The device is not in the database - i don’t see the IDs.
  • The device initialisation is not complete - the device uses main power and I attached it a few hours ago.

Button line, i don’t know what to do…:frowning:

I’d suggest then to get a debug log to try and find out what is happening. The issue is that the device initialisation is not complete - the question is why and the debug logs are normally the best way to find out.

Take a look at the binding docs in the When things don't go as planned section.

Thanks.
I turn on the debug, but didn’t understand too much.
Nodes 2,3,4,5,7&8 are not connected.log.txt (8.3 KB)

I’m also not sure from this what is happening. The log is really too short - I don’t see any initialisation of the binding at all, and there is no data received.

I’d suggest to restart the binding and let’s see what the log shows.

Attached is a debug log after the restart. I saw a few errors, but again I don’t understand what it means.
Thanks
debug_log.txt (410.9 KB)

Thanks. This looks like another issue with the inclusion. From your log, and the extra debug I added on this the other day, I think I now know what is causing this.

Something in the OH core is now blocking when an event is called. The binding sends an event to alert the user when certain things happen. This was originally added to the binding 3 1/2 years ago but now seems to not work :frowning: .

I will remove this feature and we can see if it resolves the issue.

thanks, please update once you remove it and I’ll check again

It was removed a few days ago.

thanks,
I failed to add the device (node 9) with binding 2.5.0.201906240431 and also saw the “Queue full” error again.

I see that it writes “[WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 9: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.”. What should I do?

Attached is the log file with debug on.
openhab.log (426.3 KB)

Any idea what should I do?

Please use the latest binding and see if it helps

@chris My setup is mainly Z-Wave and I am running snapshot build 1619. Thimgs appear stable for me now.

In your opinion, should I upgrade to the latest snapshot or wait for 2.5M2? You have a good idea of the Z-Wave changes.

I switched to the latest binding and reset the controller and it works.
Thanks!

Well, I’m not really sure about the schedule for M2 - I’ve not seen anything official about this, but maybe I missed it. Therefore, I probably wouldn’t wait for M2 if you need features/database etc from the later binding.

I cannot think of anything I need right now but a Foundation Member insisted those on snapshots should update at least weekly so they can report any bugs. Otherwise they should be in stable builds.

I not to look for bugs, but they seem to find me. :frowning: Just like that Z-Wave temperature debug I sent you last weekend.