Z-Wave Zooz ZEN24 Lightswitch - Online, but can't see status on/off in Openhab

OH does not run under the openhabian account, but the openhab account.

1 Like

OK, thanks. This might be where my problem is! You’re right, previously I used SSH and logged into openhabian.

After your reply I logged into “the console” following the directions here:https://www.openhab.org/docs/administration/console.html

Weird thing is I had to log into openhabian first, then use the command “openhab-cli console” which then got me logged me into openhab (SSH showed openhab and not openhabian). I tried the following commands again in (what I’m assuming) is the openhab account and not the openhabian account:

‘chmod u+x zzManualInstaller.sh’ and received this message : Command Not Found: chmod

I then tried ‘sudo -E -u openhab bash zzManualInstaller.sh’ and received this message: sudo: undefined option -E

If I have to log directly into openhab (which I assum is the OH account and not the openhabian accoount), I’m not sure how to do that as I tried using ‘ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost’ via the instruction in the link above and I was able to get the UN but not the PW. The default PW did not work and I tried the others I’ve been using for OH stuff.

Thanks 5iver and everyone.

-ABP

The default password for the openhab account is habopen. You can’t do this through openhab-cli. You need to ssh into the system with the openhab account, or openhabian and su to the openhab account.

Hello! Sorry I was away for so long. I got really frustrated and decided it wasn’t worth my time and energy to get angry over a light switch and stopped cold turkey…until coming back today and re-learning why I stopped 2 months ago ARRGGHH!)

I did all the following today:

I logged in the openhab account via SSH (first logged into openhabian…and then logged in (su) to the openhab account) and tried the following commands (errors in parentheses):

chmod u+x zzManualInstaller.sh
(command not found: chmod)

bash zzManualInstaller.sh
(command not found: bash)

sudo -E -u openhab bash
(error executing command jaas:sudo: undefined option -E

The actual “zzManualInstaller.sh” file is in the add-ons folder and it has the “read & execute” permission on.

Here is the file path to my add-on folder where the “zzManualInstaller.sh” is located. Perhaps this is wrong? OPENHABIANPI>openHAB-share>openhab2-addons

I really love the idea of z-wave and wanted to use z-wave products whenever possible, but if this is what I have to look forward to I might just have to bail, lol. I’m 0 for 2 with z-wave products (light switch & 4-1 sensor). I have zigbee products (lights) working with practically zero hassle. I would just prefer using z-wave whenever possible, so that everything is not 100% wifi based.

Thanks for all your help - I really appreciate it all. I’ll understand if you’re bored with this problem and don’t want to help after my long hiatus. I’m sure I’ll have questions about other things in the future :slight_smile:

so I think the confusion is that you need to run the script in what you are calling “openhabian” (basically the linux command line) and the script itself opens the openhab-cli console. So login to “openhabian”, navigate to the add-ins folder (cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons (or whatever it is), then run it.

Edit: On second thought the database has probably been updated for your switch. Forget the script, just sudo apt update then sudo apt upgrade once on the linux command line. Your switch might work now.

Only concern I have is a lot of people have moved to OH3, but I think there has been an upgrade or two on OH2.5.x since you last posted.