Z-Way Binding: Item not updating in openHAB when z-way state changes

My current configuration is:
RPi3 running openHABian 3.1.0
RazBerry2 pi hat with Z-Way software v3.2.1
OpenHAB 3.1.0
Z-Way binding 3.1.0
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 Pro (Model ZWA012-A)

I’m banging my head against a wall trying to get sensor updates to show in OH. I was able to include the sensor in Z-Way and I can now see updates in the Z-Way software when the door is opened/closed. So I know that the Z-Way portion is working and that the hardware is communicating with the Pi. I successfully configured the Z-Way bridge and that shows ONLINE. It also auto discovered the door sensor and I was able to link the auto-discovered channels to my items via an items file. The sensor “thing” also reports to be ONLINE in OH3. However, when the door is opened/closed, the item state does not change.

I’m sure I’m missing something easy here but I can’t figure it out. I would have assumed that if the device was not supported, it wouldn’t have auto-discovered it but that may be a faulty assumption. Does anyone have any thoughts on what’s going on or how I can get past this obstacle?

I’m setting up the same configuration as you right now.
If I understood it correctly the binding is not being pushed the changes from z-ways, but polls the state.
So the missing update may be related to the polling interval configured.

If that’s true, that would make it not very useful as you’d always have to wait until the next poll to get status updates.

@pathec - Not sure if you’re still actively supporting the binding, but do you have any thoughts on this?

Hello all,
I’ve got the same problem: I can control the z-way-devices from openHAB, but in the other direction I can’t get status updates.
in the log I can find

2022-04-23 22:40:52.225 [WARN ] [wickau.informatik.sensor.ZWayApiHttp] - Request getLogin() failed: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

2022-04-23 22:40:52.227 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ZWayBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

2022-04-23 22:40:52.231 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ZWayBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

2022-04-23 22:40:52.232 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler ZWayBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.

2022-04-23 22:40:52.233 [WARN ] [discovery.ZWayDeviceDiscoveryService] - Devices not loaded

The Login-data are correct.

when I use the api in the browser
http://Z-Way-IP:8083/ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWayVDev_zway_5-0-37

I get a the right result

{“data”:{“creationTime”:1650310876,“creatorId”:1,“customIcons”:{},“deviceType”:“switchBinary”,“firmware”:“3.2”,“h”:1164337368,“hasHistory”:false,“id”:“ZWayVDev_zway_5-0-37”,“location”:0,“locationName”:“globalRoom”,“manufacturer”:“Fibaro”,“metrics”:{“icon”:“switch”,“isFailed”:false,“title”:“Fibaro Switch (5)”,“level”:“on”},“nodeId”:5,“order”:{“rooms”:0,“elements”:0,“dashboard”:0},“permanently_hidden”:false,“probeType”:“power_switch_binary”,“product”:“FIBARO Wall Plug E/F”,“tags”:[],“technology”:“Z-Wave”,“visibility”:true,“updateTime”:1650746317},“code”:200,“message”:“200 OK”,“error”:null}

any idea, how to fix this problem?

Last seen 3 years ago, guess the binding is no longer being maintained.
That’s why I stopped using it shortly after my first try but use the Z-Wave binding. Z-Ways itself is usefull when managing the network, but the binding I consider being dead.

Thank you for your answer.
I am afraid that you are right.
Actually, the concept with the z-way binding is a clever solution. It is a pity that it is not currently usable.