Zigbee binding

I saw something about that earlier also, but did not have time to investigate it properly! The values do not seem to be saved, and there is something hardcoded here?

//Mattias

This line is fine - it’s why I don’t think that the bug elsewhere matters as it’s sending the correct byte anyway.

I just copied the zsmartsystems lib’s from your zigbee repository to the lib folder of the console application and now I also get the error. Maybe the solution is to use the latest lib’s? Or is this the wrong repository where I copied the lib’s?

What error is that? Sorry - there’s too many emails now to know what the error is :confused:.

I mean the “Dongle reset failed. Assuming bootloader is running and sending magic byte 0x01.” and “Attempt to get out from bootloader failed.” error. I now get exactly the same error in the console app.

I tried the CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers from silabs but I couldn’t find one that would work with my stick.

The windows 10 driver was very hard to find. The company that makes the driver has changed names a couple of times. The current version is buried in this installation:
http://www.axialcontrol.com/download/downloadlist
The file you need is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AxialControl.com\Axial Server\drivers\hubz\HUBZ_VCP_Installer_x64.exe

You have to install the driver manually. The Axial Server will try to install but will fail with a cryptic and useless message. Windows 10 won’t let you install it because it is unsigned. You have to go through a manual process to let windows 10 install unsigned drivers and install this one by hand.

Once installed you should see the zwave controller on one COM port and the zigbee controller on another COM port.

I ran the zsmartsystems zigbee code from inside eclipse. I had to reduce the baud rate before it would talk to the zigbee controller but it did eventually spit out a bunch of log messages about the controller. It seemed to be able to communicate with it but I haven’t dug any deeper yet.

This is an issue in the binding - it should now be fixed. The binding was setting the magic byte to 1 and not fe, but it’s not linked to the library.

Let me know if it helps or not…

Care to elaborate ;). What rate was required?

I suppose I should have said earlier :slight_smile:
57600 is the only one that seems to work for me. I found that number in some pdf for the uart chip. I’m looking for it now.

Thanks. I think this UART chip goes a lot higher, but something I noticed earlier is that the Ember chip inside this stick is the EM3581 which doesn’t support USB natively. So, it probably has a fixed UART speed programmed into the NCP code. I tend to use the EM3588 here which has USB internal to the Ember and therefore the baud rate doesn’t matter.

I’ll add an option to change the rate on the Ember.

( and nice find :slight_smile: ).

FTR…

1 Like

I’ve just compiled this but still getting the same errors, sorry. I also tried to replace the lib’s with the one’s from the console app, but that doesn’t help either.

I’m not surprised - as I said earlier I didn’t think it would make any difference as the correct magic byte was already being sent elsewhere.

So, the binding (in theory) should configure a device for automatic reporting - a nice feature of Zigbee (a bit like ZWaves associations). It configures the bulb to send updates automatically rather than having to poll…

Unfortunately, it seems that many devices don’t support this - including Hue bulbs… So I’ll have a think about doing some polling which is a little more complicated, but clearly necessary…

I am having this problem as well. Stick stays in the bootloader for a long time, and then Zigbee bindung gives up. I know it is being worked on, just a “me too”. Would be great if it would work at some point.

You got it! I can report that an OOTB HUSBZB-1 is controlling both my zwave and zigbee networks. The Ember EM35x Coordinator needs the baud rate set to 57600 when it is first created. I tested the others, but the binding would hang and Java would do a core dump when the binding was stopped. The coordinator would need to be deleted at this point. The coordinator stayed in Initializing after it was created, but after a restart it went Online. I have only tested GE Link bulbs. Changing the name of the Thing took them Offline (at least in the UI… it was still controllable), but they went Online after a restart.

Question: In the PaperUI, the bulb Things have switches for Enable Join and Leave Network. How would they be used?

Awesome! I want to try this. Please forgive the newbie question…
How do I get the updated code? Is it as simple as getting the latest OH nightly build snapshot? Or do I have to build something myself and then somehow point my existing OH at some repo to find the new code?
Feel free to point me to existing docs.Thanks for the help.

Yes, it’s in the nightly snapshot. I’m using 2.1 release right now, so I just grab it from here (you’ll need to uninstall it from the UI, if you have it already, and drop this into Addons… but make sure you still have the serial bindng)… https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bindings/org.openhab.binding.zigbee/target/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Or build it from here…

This post may help too…

Nice one :smile:. Thanks for the feedback.

If you want it to leave the network, then click leave. If you want to enable inclusion for this router only, then you can click the join button.