Zigbee binding

Is there anything one could help you with? I’m not a Java developer (last time I really programmed in Java was in university), but pretty fluent in embedded C/C++.

I’ll take a look at trying to get the TI stick up and running again tonight - I don’t think there’s much to do and I’m probably only missing a command or two.

As a matter of interest, did you get the Xiaomi sensors to work with the TI stick?

Regarding SmartThings sensors - I’ve not got them to work. It looks like they are making a request back to the ST hub once they are associated, and when this doesn’t get a response they are chucked out of the network - I’ll probably take a look at this next weekend. The ST (CentraLite) plug works fine.

Well, I guess I got something working here.
I enabled networking joining in the zigbee-gateway-server and "listen"ed. Using the Secure_LinkKeyJoin.hex firmware I then get attribute reports when pushing the button or nearing the magnet to the door sensor.

That’s what I get:
Received: On/off - Report Attributes Command 45701/1 -> 0/1 tid=35, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=16, attributeIdentifier=0, attributeValue=false]
Received: On/off - Report Attributes Command 45701/1 -> 0/1 tid=36, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=16, attributeIdentifier=0, attributeValue=true]
Received: On/off - Report Attributes Command 34564/1 -> 0/1 tid=8, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=16, attributeIdentifier=0, attributeValue=false]
Received: On/off - Report Attributes Command 34564/1 -> 0/1 tid=9, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=16, attributeIdentifier=0, attributeValue=true]

But the devices are not listed in the devicelist:

> devicelist
         0/1   <label>              Coordinator
         0/2   <label>              Coordinator
         0/3   <label>              Coordinator

The Secure_Standard.hex doesn’t do anything. Well, not nothing. I can see packets passed around with the sniffer, but no attribute reports or joined devices listed.

Probably just the standard problem with battery devices in Zigbee :frowning: . At least if you got that far the key exchange probably worked.

I’ve got one of the temp/humidity sensors coming - I’ve been testing with a (reasonably!) wide range of devices over the past few weeks for the project I’ve been working on, but haven’t tried the Xiaomi sensors yet.

Ah, totally forgot about the temp/hum sensor. Here’s what happens when letting it join:

22:32:37 669 WARN Unknown command ID: 0x45c9
Received: Basic - Report Attributes Command 35956/1 → 0/1 tid=0, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=66, attributeIdentifier=5, attributeValue=lumi.sensor_ht, Attribute Report attributeDataType=32, attributeIdentifier=1, attributeValue=2]
Received: Basic - Report Attributes Command 35956/1 → 0/1 tid=1, reports=[Attribute Report attributeDataType=66, attributeIdentifier=65281, attributeValue=!�
!�!$d)>
e!�
!]

22:32:45 609 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No sender EndPoint 1 with cluster 1026.
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ApplicationFrameworkLayer.getSenderEndpointProfileId(ApplicationFrameworkLayer.java:136)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.v3.zcl.ZclCommandTransmitter.notify(ZclCommandTransmitter.java:137)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ZigBeeNetworkManagerImpl$AFMessageListenerFilter.receivedAsynchronousCommand(ZigBeeNetworkManagerImpl.java:1782)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl.notifyAsynchronousCommand(CommandInterfaceImpl.java:372)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl.handlePacket(CommandInterfaceImpl.java:148)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.packet.ZToolPacketParser.run(ZToolPacketParser.java:116)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
22:32:45 610 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No sender EndPoint 1 with cluster 1029.
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ApplicationFrameworkLayer.getSenderEndpointProfileId(ApplicationFrameworkLayer.java:136)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.v3.zcl.ZclCommandTransmitter.notify(ZclCommandTransmitter.java:137)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ZigBeeNetworkManagerImpl$AFMessageListenerFilter.receivedAsynchronousCommand(ZigBeeNetworkManagerImpl.java:1782)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl.notifyAsynchronousCommand(CommandInterfaceImpl.java:372)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl.handlePacket(CommandInterfaceImpl.java:148)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.packet.ZToolPacketParser.run(ZToolPacketParser.java:116)
22:32:49 057 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
22:32:49 058 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
Device added:
35956/1 null
22:32:52 707 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
22:32:52 710 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
22:32:58 940 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
22:32:58 941 ERROR Error AF message listener notify.
devicelist
0/1 Coordinator
0/2 Coordinator
0/3 Coordinator
35956/1 null

So, I guess it also does something. It even seems to be listed as a device now. But on the other hand, somethings in the gateway doesn’t like it… But I won’t bother any further for now, as I guess you are more familiar with the internals.

I’ve created a binding here. I’ll get it added to the marketplace in the coming days (it will take some time to get it approved I guess).

This will require the serial driver to also be installed through karaf -:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

You should then be able to create a CC2531 coordinator and hopefully it will find devices ;).

This is pretty much a complete rewrite from the previous binding, and while it’s undergone a reasonable amount of testing recently, I’ve not focussed on device control features, so there could well be issues.

This should currently support switches, bulbs, color and temperature clusters at the moment - I’ll look to add more clusters once we see these are running well.

Let me know how it goes - you can raise issues here (there’s no source there yet - another job to get sorted in the next week or so), or discuss on the forum (I’m sure there will be issues :wink: ) -:

2 Likes

Please note that you are not allowed to upload it to the marketplace as long as it isn’t yet open source - so I hope that this can happen soon!

I have installed the binding, but when I add the zigbee controller it never goes online! Can I enable more logging from the binding to find out why this happens? I am using TI2531 with firmware CC2531ZNP-Pro-Secure_Standard.hex from Z-Stack Home 1.2.2a.44539.

Best Regards,
Mattias

I’m kinda in the same boat as @elevation

events.log:
2017-05-05 22:10:54.529 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:f58e4c23’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2017-05-05 22:10:54.536 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:f58e4c23’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE

openhab.log:
2017-05-05 22:10:56.288 [INFO ] [ndler.ZigBeeCoordinatorCC2531Handler] - Serial port [/dev/ttyACM0] is initialized.

The sniffer also doesn’t show any activity on the air.

Here’s the JSON config:

"zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:f58e4c23": {
    "class": "org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.BridgeImpl",
    "value": {
      "label": "CC2531EMK Coordinator",
      "channels": [],
      "configuration": {
        "properties": { 
          "zigbee_port": "/dev/ttyACM0",
          "zigbee_channel": 11.0,
          "zigbee_initialise": true,
          "zigbee_panid": 20294.0,  
          "zigbee_extendedpanid": 1.26632787071893811E18,
          "zigbee_networkkey": "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00"
        }
      }, 
      "properties": {},
      "uid": {
        "segments": [
          "zigbee",  
          "coordinator_cc2531",
          "f58e4c23"
        ]
      }, 
      "thingTypeUID": {
          "zigbee",    
          "coordinator_cc2531"
        ]
      }  
    }    
  },     

I had to patch the JSON config by hand, because the PAN ID I manually entered, didn’t get stored. The extended PAN ID somehow got generated. The network key and the PAN ID is what was working with the zigbee4java server gateway. By the way: Is anything from zigbee4java needed by the addon?

There’s some pretty strange stuff in there.

This is very strange - this should automatically be reset to false - the fact that it’s true makes me think that things aren’t initialising properly.

What else is in the log other than what you posted? Are there any exceptions - any other debug messages at all?

I checked the code - it’s not possible for the initialisation method to complete and leave this set to true. So this tells me there almost certainly must be an exception being thrown - hopefully it’s logged.

Another strange one is the key - this can’t be all zeros. Again, I think something must be stopping this being set to a random value.

Just for comparison - this is the configuration of my TI dongle -:

"zigbee_port": "/dev/tty.usbmodem1421",
          "zigbee_channel": -1,
          "zigbee_initialise": false,
          "zigbee_extendedpanid": 2358408284790126592,
          "zigbee_networkkey": "1B 30 2B 6D 9A D0 67 06 17 7B BB 34 66 2A C1 33",
          "zigbee_panid": 59292
        }
      },

Bottom line - need to see what the debug logging shows…

I just started fresh now. When adding the coordinator, I tuned on initialization and entered the PAN ID I used with zigbee4java. I also selected channel 11. I didn’t enter a encryption key or the extended PAN ID.

When trying to change the config, a different PAN ID I entered (but a random key and an extended PAN ID, init is disabled again).

From the logs:
2017-05-05 23:02:33.489 [ThingAddedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been added.
2017-05-05 23:02:33.565 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2017-05-05 23:02:33.646 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been updated.
2017-05-05 23:02:33.672 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been updated.
2017-05-05 23:02:33.700 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been updated.
2017-05-05 23:02:33.746 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been updated.
2017-05-05 23:02:33.761 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): ZigBee transport layer not yet initialized
2017-05-05 23:02:42.453 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): ZigBee transport layer not yet initialized to ONLINE
2017-05-05 23:02:42.492 [ThingUpdatedEvent ] - Thing ‘zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918’ has been updated.

2017-05-05 23:02:35.116 [INFO ] [ndler.ZigBeeCoordinatorCC2531Handler] - Serial port [/dev/ttyACM0] is initialized.

Here’s the config now:

"zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:b689b918": {
    "class": "org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.BridgeImpl",
    "value": {
      "label": "CC2531EMK Coordinator",
      "channels": [],
          "zigbee_port": "/dev/ttyACM0",
          "zigbee_channel": 11,
          "zigbee_initialise": false,
          "zigbee_extendedpanid": "33F403F3C29C4000",
          "zigbee_networkkey": "ED 1B DB D2 7B 8D BD F7 1B FC AF 7D 55 21 A2 D4",
          "zigbee_panid": 6423
        }
      }, 
      "properties": {},
      "uid": {
          "zigbee",  
          "coordinator_cc2531",
          "b689b918"
        ]
      }, 
      "thingTypeUID": {
          "zigbee",    
          "coordinator_cc2531"
        ]
      }  
    }    
  },     

It’s displayed as online now, but when trying to pair a sensor, it doesn’t seem to work. Currently, I’m only seeing the packets from the sensor, but not the coordinator. RF seems to be a bit bad here (openhab server isn’t located at my desk…). But I don’t see the status update packets from the sensor, therefore I guess the pairing didn’t work.
Any ideas how to debug this further?

When zigbee4java worked, I used a specific PAN ID and network key was all zeroes. Setting this PAN ID somehow didn’t work…

What does “tuned on initialization” mean?

Please can you enable debug logging.

If you want to use the existing network, then you don’t need to configure anything. I think this point is linked to the first question - ie what does “tuned on initialization” mean? Are you trying to initialise the dongle complete (ie setting the Reset Controller to true)? If so, then it will reset everything.

So, to try and explain a bit more - if you select “Reset Controller” - it will “Resets the Controller and sets the configuration to the configured values.”. This will use the values you enter. If you don’t set it to reset, then it will use the existing data on the dongle.

“Tuned on initialization” should have meant “turned on”, sorry for the typo. Anyway, I started all over again now that I realized what the “reset controller” option is meant to be.

Before I started again, I entered the parameters that the addon generated into the zigbee4java gateway, just to make sure the sensors work with that config (and that I have the right firmware). That works; I can see the notifications from the sensors.

So, back to openhab2: I installed a fresh snapshot on my workstation and your zigbee addon. I started up karaf with the “debug” argument. I added a thing, selected “reset controller”. That’s what my config ended up being:

“configuration”: {
“properties”: {
“zigbee_port”: “/dev/ttyACM0”,
“zigbee_channel”: 11,
“zigbee_initialise”: false,
“zigbee_panid”: 19161,
“zigbee_extendedpanid”: “33F403F3C29C4000”,
“zigbee_networkkey”: “ED 1B DB D2 7B 8D BD F7 1B FC AF 7D 55 21 A2 D4”
}
},

The logs seem to indicate that everything went fine and the coordinator is online in the GUI.

But the communication with the sensors fails. Do you need a packet dump from the TI sniffer? Or is there anything more to enable debugging besides “karaf debug”?

That’s all I get in the logs:

==> userdata/logs/openhab.log <==
2017-05-07 14:00:19.756 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
2017-05-07 14:00:20.007 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
2017-05-07 14:00:20.098 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
2017-05-07 14:00:20.139 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel

==> userdata/logs/events.log <==
2017-05-07 14:00:20.242 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:977a2a62' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2017-05-07 14:00:20.244 [ThingUpdatedEvent         ] - Thing 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:977a2a62' has been updated.
2017-05-07 14:00:20.256 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:977a2a62' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): ZigBee transport layer not yet initialized

==> userdata/logs/openhab.log <==
2017-05-07 14:00:21.357 [INFO ] [ndler.ZigBeeCoordinatorCC2531Handler] - Serial port [/dev/ttyACM0] is initialized.

==> userdata/logs/events.log <==
2017-05-07 14:00:27.338 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:977a2a62' changed from OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): ZigBee transport layer not yet initialized to ONLINE
2017-05-07 14:00:27.346 [ThingUpdatedEvent         ] - Thing 'zigbee:coordinator_cc2531:977a2a62' has been updated.

It doesn’t look like you’ve enabled any debugging in the log? I can only see INFO messages.

http://docs.openhab.org/administration/logging.html

log.set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zigbee

and

log.set DEBUG com.zsmartsystems.zigbee

should help.

What are the “sensors” you are talking about?

Sorry, I guess I mentioned them in a different thread. I’m trying out the Xiaomi Mi Smart Home Wireless Switch, Door/Window Sensor and Temperature/Humidity Sensor. As mentioned earlier, they send Attribute Reports with the Secure_LinkKeyJoin.hex firmware from TI’s Z-Stack Home 1.2.2a.44539.

Debug logging is now enabled. The log to 40k, so I posted it to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/BvAnDdEA

I tried to pair the door/window sensor twice, at around 17:15:23 and 17:16:00
Here’s the log around that:

2017-05-07 17:15:18.339 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:15:19.839 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=02, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:15:19.839 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 02, checksum=02, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:15:19.848 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:15:19.857 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:15:19.857 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:15:19.857 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:15:19.857 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:15:29.843 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - Ieee Address for 0 returned null
2017-05-07 17:15:29.844 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:15:31.344 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=03, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:15:31.344 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 03 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 03, checksum=03, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:15:31.353 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:15:31.361 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:15:31.361 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:15:31.361 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:15:31.362 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:15:41.348 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - Ieee Address for 0 returned null
2017-05-07 17:15:41.348 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:15:42.849 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Ending node discovery
2017-05-07 17:16:03.812 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 0C 45 CA EA 26 CE 36 58 01 00 8D 15 00 00 00 76)
2017-05-07 17:16:03.813 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=12, apiId=45 CA, data=FE 0C 45 CA EA 26 CE 36 58 01 00 8D 15 00 00 00 76, checksum=76, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:03.814 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ca
2017-05-07 17:16:03.814 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:16:06.823 [DEBUG] [ee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkMeshMonitor] - 0: Starting mesh update
2017-05-07 17:16:06.823 [DEBUG] [ee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkMeshMonitor] - 0: ZigBee node not found during mesh update
2017-05-07 17:16:06.823 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Scheduling node discovery
2017-05-07 17:16:06.823 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Starting node discovery
2017-05-07 17:16:06.824 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=04, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:16:06.824 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 04 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 04, checksum=04, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:16:06.833 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:16:06.841 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:16:06.841 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:06.841 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:16:06.841 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:16:08.487 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 0C 45 CA EA 26 CE 36 58 01 00 8D 15 00 00 00 76)
2017-05-07 17:16:08.487 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=12, apiId=45 CA, data=FE 0C 45 CA EA 26 CE 36 58 01 00 8D 15 00 00 00 76, checksum=76, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:08.487 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ca
2017-05-07 17:16:08.487 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:16:16.828 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - Ieee Address for 0 returned null
2017-05-07 17:16:16.828 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:16:18.328 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=05, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:16:18.329 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 05 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 05, checksum=05, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:16:18.338 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:16:18.346 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:16:18.346 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:18.346 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:16:18.346 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:16:28.333 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - Ieee Address for 0 returned null
2017-05-07 17:16:28.333 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:16:29.833 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=06, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:16:29.833 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 06 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 06, checksum=06, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:16:29.843 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:16:29.851 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:16:29.851 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:29.851 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:16:29.851 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed
2017-05-07 17:16:39.838 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - Ieee Address for 0 returned null
2017-05-07 17:16:39.838 [DEBUG] [bee.internal.ZigBeeNetworkDiscoverer] - 0: Discovery request IEEE_ADDRESS failed. Wait before retry.
2017-05-07 17:16:41.340 [DEBUG] [tsystems.zigbee.ZigBeeNetworkManager] - TX CMD: IeeeAddressRequest [0/0 -> 0/0, cluster=0001, TID=07, nwkAddrOfInterest=0, requestType=1, startIndex=0]
2017-05-07 17:16:41.340 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - ->  AF_DATA_REQUEST (Packet: length=15, apiId=24 01, data=FE 0F 24 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 07 30 1F 05 00 00 00 01 00 07, checksum=07, error=false) 
2017-05-07 17:16:41.349 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-  AF_DATA_SRSP (FE 01 64 01 00 64)
2017-05-07 17:16:41.357 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - <-- ZToolPacket (FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD)
2017-05-07 17:16:41.357 [DEBUG] [31.network.impl.CommandInterfaceImpl] - Received Async Cmd: Packet: length=24, apiId=45 FF, data=FE 18 45 FF 00 00 00 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 93 0B EB 09 00 4B 12 00 00 00 01 00 EA 26 CD, checksum=CD, error=false
2017-05-07 17:16:41.357 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - Unhandled ZToolPacket type 0x45ff
2017-05-07 17:16:41.358 [DEBUG] [e.dongle.cc2531.ZigBeeDongleTiCc2531] - ZToolPacket packet not processed

Ah - ok, sorry, I reply to so many messages on here about different sensors etc that I loose track.

The log looks a bit strange - like it’s running some old code so I might have linked with an incorrect version of the libraries in this version. I’m flicking back and forward between the Ember and TI dongle at the moment which is a bit of a nightmare…

Never mind. I’m still not sure where I mentioned those sensors in the first place.

Are you planning on building a new snapshot build then? Please don’t feel forced to do so. I can see how much hassle it is to debug two different dongles at the same time! Btw: On some startups I can see that the binding fails to reset the dongle and tries to send the magic packet to the bootloader, but can’t recover from there. Unplugging the dongle and restarting helps.

I remember the discussion - somewhere ;).

Yes - I’ll take a look at it a bit later. It’s definitely running the wrong library - ie before I (hopefully!) fixed the TI startup issue.

Yeah, but that’s why I need to get the TI working properly so we’re only having to deal with common parts of the code…

Yes - this was the problem I had. The startup wasn’t configuring a couple of parameters and it crashed the dongle. This is fixed now so hopefully it’s just a case of sorting out the libraries and recompiling the binding.

I’ve updated the binding and tested it for a few hours with a Hue bulb - let’s see if it works better - if not, let me know and I’ll take a look.