Zigbee binding

I stated my problem above and in the ticket:

Ticket:
Subject :Zigbe Logs - cannot include ST Motion or Contact

Ok, but I wasn’t sure why you posted that little bit of the log. What point were you trying to make with that?

because that log includes the attempt to join both the ST contact sensor and motion sensor, that little bit I posted was showing that the log contains the attempt to join the ST contact sensor.

Ok, I already saw this in the log. But please if you post part of a log, just tell me why so I’m not second guessing why you’re posting :wink:

Sorry, it made sense when I wrote it. I reverted back to 2.3.0.201802081624 and was able to get the motion & contact sensors added.

@chris: As I wrote via e-mail the latest addon still only worked with big latency (multiple minutes) when switching on/off lamps. Did you find out what’s causing this big latency in my network?

As I’ve said a few times in this thread and on email, there is a queue of traffic in large networks and I will likely need to add a transaction management layer to better handle this.

I have a number of things that I need to do with the binding at the moment, and this isn’t right at the top of the list (sorry). There are a few other things that I will try and add that will help, but please don’t expect this to be fixed immediately (again - sorry).

Hi,
I am faceing the same problem using 2 sensors from st (Motion Sensor and multipurpose sensor) can you please tell me how did you solve it ?

zigbee_logicaltype END_DEVICE
zigbee_powerlevel FULL
modelId motionv4
zigbee_networkaddress 53164
zigbee_powersource MAINS
zigbee_zclversion 1
zigbee_routes []
zigbee_lastupdate 2018-03-12T09:56:56Z
vendor SmartThings
zigbee_appversion 27
zigbee_powermode RECEIVER_ON_IDLE
zigbee_permitjoining true
zigbee_powersources [MAINS]
zigbee_neighbors []
zigbee_devices []

zigbee_logicaltype END_DEVICE
zigbee_powerlevel FULL
modelId multiv4
zigbee_networkaddress 39915
zigbee_powersource MAINS
zigbee_zclversion 1
zigbee_routes []
zigbee_lastupdate 2018-03-12T09:55:47Z
vendor SmartThings
zigbee_appversion 27
zigbee_permitjoining true
zigbee_powermode RECEIVER_ON_IDLE
zigbee_powersources [MAINS]
zigbee_neighbors []
zigbee_devices []

As I said on Github, please confirm that you are using the latest snapshot of the binding? The binding was modified to add this channel and should be in the latest snapshot I believe.

My sensors won’t even pair any more. So I didn’t solve it.

Hi,

thank for the fast reply

I am pretty new to openhab, i am using openhabian “Openhab2” i just installed it last week and i did update and upgrade system from “openhabian-config” so i believe i have the latest version.

or there is another thing that should be done ?

Well, there are two versions you can install. If you installed the 2.2 release version, then it will not contain this change. If you are on the snapshot branch, then this branch will include all the changes that are regularly merged and this is built nightly.

So, the question really is if you installed the stable or snapshot version?

sorry but how can i make sure which one did i use

Are you using OH 2.2 or 2.3? If it’s 2.2, then it’s the release version, if it’s 2.3, then it will be the snapshot version.

i think i am using the 2.2 how can i get 2.3 then ?

Take a look in the documentation - there is a section there on installation, and it refers to the different versions.

Now it’s working thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I have two questions :slight_smile:

First, my girlfriend likes to think she is in control, so I need trådfri remotes working. Is anybody using them, and can confirm they are working? Would they work on the stable 2.2 version of this bundle, or would I need to be more daring, and go for a development version?

As I have had issues with Raspberries losing network connection, or hanging, would it be possible to use two CC2531 sticks in two different raspberries for HA in some way? -Or would they just become confused because both would want to be master?

I have the Tradfri remote (well, one of the types!) so will try and check this soon.

No - a network can only have a single coordinator so this simply won’t work.

Thanks a lot for incredibly quick response!

-And for your great work, Chris! We really appreciate your work here!