Zigbee binding

Hi Chris,

thanks for your feedback.

Means a parallel sniffer outside of the coordinator? (A second device)?
Never heard that term before.

BR
/Franz

No - the PTI trace comes from the coordinator - it’s basically a debug output from the NCP and if there’s an assert (which happens when the NCP gets into a state from which it can’t recover) then it will print a bunch of stuff out this port so that Silabs can work out what happened.

PTI:

Thanks Chris and Ap15e.

for the update. It seems only to happen if I reinitialize the controller and do not restart openhab.
So it also looks like it creates an Error code 3 before.

openhab.log.6:2022-01-23 15:20:35.624 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 3). Disconnecting.
openhab.log.6:2022-01-23 15:32:36.303 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.

I assume this is the right table, is it?

The PTI Interface looks highly sophisticated and complex.
I guess I cannot do this with my standard zigbee stick.

BR
/Franz

Yes, but to be honest, it doesn’t provide you much information. This is already provided in the debug log - ie the binding, or more specifically the zigbee library, already uses this table to log the error.

DEBUG c.z.z.d.e.i.ash.AshFrameHandler - <-- RX ASH frame: AshFrameError [version=2, errorCode=6, Reset: Assert]

@chris Not sure if here is the place, but any chance this could get supported? Zemismart TB26-6 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

Thanks

Can you describe what doesn’t work please? That would make it easier to fix :wink:

That was fast. I tried this 6 gang Zemismart with the Zigbee bidding, but I got the " HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR
No supported clusters found" on the thing. I can see lots of information, but no channels in paper UI. I just figured it was not supported yet.

From what I can see in the link you provided, this is just provided standard ON/OFF services, so it should work fine. That said, it doesn’t explicitly state this although it does talk about ON/OFF and TOGGLE which are features of the OnOffCluster and should be supported.

However maybe it is really something custom and not the standard clusters - I’m not really sure. Does it produce an XML file (in the userdata/zigbee/network folder) for the node? If so, please post this - or use the console command zigbee fingerprint for the node and post the results.

Yes it should be just 6 on/off devices. Here my xml for the “thing” and the coordinator. Thanks
040D84FFFE512216.xml (1.7 KB)
A4C13885BAB8F317.xml (45.9 KB)

this is the product link: Zemismart tuya 6 gangues zigbee interruptor de luz de parede inteligente 4x4 neutro necessário interruptores botão alexa google casa controle remoto| | - AliExpress

Unfortunately, it looks like the device is totally non-standard - at least the standard clusters such as OnOff and LevelControl that are normally associated with a light switch are not supported. Maybe there’s more information on the device out there somewhere that can help understand what it does. It’s likely this will require a code change to support, although there are already some of these chinese devices supported, so it may be similar - I’m just not sure without having a device myself.

1 Like

Well Thanks, I have very little options, on the kind of device that complies with my country standards, as size and functionality, not really security. I saw that the switchs are compatible with zigbee2mqtt, but I would rather use a bidding. Is there any information I could take out of zigbee2mqtt that would help reverse engineering this non-standard cluster?

If you can get a debug log showing what is received when each button is pressed, I might be able to do something with that…

Hi all,

last time I’ve tried to upgraded my ZigBee stick to Version 7.1.1 and figured out that this was a bad idea because it is not yet supported by openhub and cannot be downgraded.
Okay my fault then i thought I buy a new ZigBee adapter like the Sonoff ZB-E Plus (Shipped with 6.10.3 as the stick had before)

Plugged it, adjusted the port started up all fine.
Restored in the OH console with:

zigbee netbackup COORDINATOR>D896>D1EDA82EE040FFFF>CHANNEL_17>332178E8CFF39159DDEF1A49A29F9FFF>00>>00118612>5A6967426565416C6C69616E6365FFFF>>>0001901F

and waited a while to let the “node has not completed discovery” go by.

All fine so far but now i figgured out the following issues:

1. I have roughly 40 items in my “inbox” all unknow but they already added as items
    node has not completed discovery openhab

2. I get an assert Code 6 now 1-4 time per hour. Tried to disable things I already disabled zigbee “things” in but I still got it quite often → I tink disabling has nothing to do with the assert, right?

Line 10202: 2022-10-13 06:54:15.444 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 3). Disconnecting.
	Line 33974: 2022-10-13 07:02:47.091 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
  C:\Users\f\Desktop\ohlogs\openhab.log.1\openhab.log.1 (1 hit)
	Line 29845: 2022-10-13 02:58:55.718 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
  C:\Users\f\Desktop\ohlogs\openhab.log.2\openhab.log.2 (1 hit)
	Line 37631: 2022-10-13 04:04:23.919 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
  C:\Users\f\Desktop\ohlogs\openhab.log.3\openhab.log.3 (2 hits)
	Line 41272: 2022-10-13 05:01:31.531 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 43494: 2022-10-13 05:01:59.214 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
  C:\Users\f\Desktop\ohlogs\openhab.log.4\openhab.log.4 (6 hits)
	Line 34999: 2022-10-13 05:41:05.348 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 37893: 2022-10-13 05:41:53.328 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 43157: 2022-10-13 05:42:17.002 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 48701: 2022-10-13 05:42:44.509 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 59283: 2022-10-13 05:45:19.925 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.
	Line 79150: 2022-10-13 05:50:50.439 [WARN ] [e.ember.internal.ash.AshFrameHandler] - ASH: ERROR received (code 6). Disconnecting.

And the items get then towards “Error: Handler”

It’s worth knowing that this string contains all the information for someone to clone your network - including the security keys. Depending on how worried you are about that, you might want to reinitialise with new keys anyway.

Correct - it’s unlikely to make any different.

Assert 6 “simply” means that the firmware in the dongle is getting into an unrecoverable state. Unfortunately it doesn’t provide any useful information about why this is happening.

Hi @chris,

serveral month later :slight_smile: from my side.

=> Al fine here For sure i did not post the original values and obfuscated tzhen.

So I was able to recover the original Stick flashed back the old Firmware and now it looks better at least.
One thing that I’ve noticed since then is that I have all already added items also in The Discovered things section. Is there a way to reset this?

Thanks
/Franz

Hi,

I’ve upgraded from OH 3.2.0 to 3.4.0 now my zigbee coordinator is online but my temperature sensor is OFFLINE.

I’ve tried deleting and recreate of the sensor but result in status OFFLINE

Node has not completed discovery

Went inside the docker container on a raspberry pi 4 and cannot find the way to turn ON logs.

`$ docker exec -ti openhab-openhab-1 bash

/openhab# ./runtime/bin/shell

`

_   _     _     ____  

___ ___ ___ ___ | | | | / \ | __ )
/ _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | || | / _ \ | _ \
| (
) | () | __/| | | || _ | / ___ \ | |) )
___/| / _/|| |||| ||// _|__/
|
| 3.4.0 - Release Build

Use ‘’ for a list of available commands
and ‘[cmd] --help’ for help on a specific command.
To exit, use ‘’ or ‘logout’.

openhab>

Was expecting to be able to input:

log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zigbee
  log:set debug com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
  log:set info com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember.internal.ash

zigbee nodes 
  openhab> zigbee node networkID
  zigbee fingerprint ADDRESS

But all of this command seems missing.

openhab> log:
[org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] DEBUG : Unknown command entered
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not found: log:
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:596)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:526)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:415)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:416)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Command not found: log:
openhab> zigbee
[org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil] DEBUG : Unknown command entered
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandNotFoundException: Command not found: zigbee
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:596)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:526)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:415)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:416)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)
Command not found: zigbee

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, BR

Got the wrong commands: maybe it was objvious but why shell and client got the same prompt?

root@raspberrypi:/openhab# ./runtime/bin/client

openhab>  log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zigbee                                                                                                                                    
>   log:set debug com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
>   log:set info com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.ember.internal.ash
>   
openhab>  zigbee nodes                                                                                                                                                                
Total known nodes in network: 3
Network  Addr  IEEE Address      Logical Type  State      EP   Profile                    Device Type                Manufacturer     Model          
      0  0000  000D6F000DD02839  COORDINATOR   ONLINE   
  19132  4ABC  847127FFFE0323E1  UNKNOWN       ONLINE   
  42627  A683  0004740000B5C716  ROUTER        UNKNOWN     1                                                           242  ZIGBEE_GREEN_POWER         0066                                                       

Now my temperature sensor it seems online.

openhab> zigbee node 847127FFFE0323E1
IEEE Address     : 847127FFFE0323E1
Network Address  : 19132
Node Descriptor  : null
Power Descriptor : null
Associations     : []
Endpoints        : 
Neighbors        :
Routes           :

How can I understand where all channels are gone?

upgraded to 4.0.0.M5, removed the sensor Thing > scan > founded after 30 mins data are back.