Zigbee - Bosch Smart Hub Radiator (Zigbee 3.0?)

I have some questions concerning the zigbee binding and new zigbee things.

I bought a Bosch Smart Home Radiator (apperently a zigbee device). This should work with openhab right?

The device is not discovered automatically. I tried to add it manually, but I am not sure how a new zigbee device is added. Unfortunately the documentation is not helpful at all.

The following numers are printed on the device:
SGTIN like 3014F123A0000056D85A7BC8
key like 12345-67890-12345-12345-123456
qr code that is like AB99SG3014F123A0000056D85A7BC8DLK6C1C0952109214A964A97146DC4792F2
(it contains the SGTIN but not the key
(I changed some numers)

Can anybody tell me how I can add this think manually?

The documentation says that the Install Code has to be added to the binding, it doesn’t say anythink how this can be done.

I also couldn’t find any help about the complete syntax for a zigbee thing.

The log usually says “IeeeAddress string must contain valid hexadecimal value” With is the Ieee adress, where do I enter it in the syntax?

Thanks for your help

Please provide some information on your system… What coordinator are you using? What software are you using? What is the device you are trying to use (please provide a link to the documentation).

Sorry.
I am using openhabian on a raspberry pi 3 B+, openhab 2.3.0-1
Telegesis coordinator with Quivicon USB Stick

My first device (Osram smart plug) was automatically discovered and sucessfully installed. On discovery I can also see other things (ikea lamps from my neighbour)

I am trying to add this device
https://www.bosch-smarthome.com/uk/en/products/smart-system-solutions/radiator-thermostat

Unfortunately the Telegesis dongle does not support ZigBee 3 and I don’t believe it will be upgraded to add this support.

Thank you for the information. I guess I have to return my device and get a different one

Not to hijack at all but this is very relevant to me, @chris is the CC2531 able to use Zigbee 3? I have a 2018 SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F956F3B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and auto discovery isn’t finding it but there is an installation code listed on the package in the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX format. Like Fox0815 I read the openhab page about install codes but I’m not sure where or how I would add it for the CC2531. Right now I’m running 2.3.0 stable and use PaperUI. Any help is greatly appreciated!

No - the CC2531 is not configured for ZigBee 3. Currently, only the Ember dongles have support for ZB3.

@chris Thank you for the insanely fast response. Is it safe to say then that the Multipurpose Sensor I bought is only Zigbee 3 compatible? I saw this other thread where there’s talk of getting the CC2531 to work with Zigbee 3. Zigbee 3.0 on CC2531 with Z-stack 3.0.1 firmware Now that more devices might be coming out that use Zigbee 3, do you think you may move to support the newer firmware for the CC2531? Thank you.

It might work with ZB2. In theory, I think it should be backward compatible - devices should try and join using the join key (the ZB3 join feature) and if this fails, then it should fall back to the standard ZB2 key.