Zigbee controller and things suddenly all in status "unknown" (Openhabian 1.5, RPi 4, Razberry 2 Z-Wave, ITStuff CC2531 Zigbee USB)

That’s not normally the one we use with the binding - normally the TI firmware from the manufacturer is recommended. Some versions of the MQTT version have also worked, but I’ve no idea what this version is.

I’ll take a quick look to at least see if I can prevent the issue killing the stack, but I’m not really in a position to be able to do much more than this unfortunately.

I’ve created a PR that will hopefully stop this aborting. Since I can’t test this, I cant be 100% sure, so we’ll have to wait and see.

My guess is that the errors are happening due to corrupt frames. This can happen, although I’m not sure why it’s happening more for you than others and really it should be very rare that a frame is corrupt over USB. It looks like a corrupt frame can cause it to bomb out of the handler, so I’ll try and stop that, but it won’t prevent the underlying corruption if that’s what is happening. It’s strange though that this is only affecting you :confused:.

It will take a few days for this to filter through the system.

Thanks @chris:slight_smile:
I am also happy to test another Zigbee USB stick in parallel for comparison, I saw that in another post you recommended the Telegesis ETRX3 in Feb 2018 (does not seem to be easy to get here (Germany) currently) - would that also be your current recommendation, or a different one which is easy to get in
Germany/EU?

Hello all, a couple of updates from my side on this topic.
Last week I was traveling and the family members at home got a bit annoyed with the lack of stability of my setup, I had to remotely reboot the openhabian system worst case several times a day as the zigbee part was hanging/crashing as described above.
Since Friday I was able to stabilize the setup by reducing the number of registered Zigbee devices to eight, I have not experienced any hang/crash since I did that.
In parallel I have ordered a SMaBiT (Bitron Video) ZigBee USB Wireless Stick, which should arrive tomorrow to be able to conduct experiments for comparison.
Have a great day everyone!

Hi all,
I started using the Bitron Video Zigbee USB Stick today. In Paper UI, it appears like that:

Afterwards I added 10 Zigbee devices without issues - as you can read above, an amount of 10 devices caused constant issues with the cc2531 stick I used before. So far everything is stable and working as expected, which is positive.