Zigbee Devices Experiencing Battery Drain w/OpenHab

Debug log instructions are in the binding documentation. When things don’t appear to be working.

Restarting OH is fine - it might just make the logs a lot bigger than just restarting the binding so that would be my preference. If you are already going into the console, then why not just restart the binding with the restart command?

Most of the logs you have uploaded a few minutes ago do not have debug enabled.

Strange… thank god, to be on the safe side, yesterday evening I’ve set them again.

the restart.log is provided in the same location Dropbox
on the phone i could not filter out the exact time, therefore the last 5000 rows are provided (roughly 20 minutes).

ps.: I promise I will improve my skills on linux…too :crazy_face:

Thanks - I will try and take a look later. The binding is polling this device a lot, and it seems this device does not sleep, so there is likely some improvement that the binding can make here and it could well be impacting the battery so I think we can improve this.

1 Like

Sounds good, many thanks for the investigation and future efforts.
Until that I will remove the device as it makes not much sense to replace the battery in every 4-5 days.

I’ve made a small change that should help with what I saw in your log earlier. This extends the polling for any battery device.

Hopefully this works ok for most devices.

1 Like

Thank you, looking forward to 2.5.8 :slight_smile:

Once the build is updated, you can use the manual install script to install a snapshot binding with the fix.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

1 Like

awesome, thanks for the hint, @Bruce_Osborne

2 Likes