ZigBee Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat

I’m in with another 10 Euro. With a third contributor we have enough

Yes, thanks.

In the UK, I don’t see this, but it could be different in the EU. The UK Amazon site only seems to have the ZWave version of Spirit on Amazon.

I guess my point is to make sure it’s the right version :wink:

I’ve tried contacting them about the ZWave device a couple of years back and never had a response either :frowning:

Amazon DE offers both Zigbee/ZWave, Zigbee version is on sale :slight_smile:

As this offer ends soon and might not be available in UK, how much does it cost in UK to get one?

I would also contribute 10€ to make this running.

I also have the same issue as Roman using the new 2.5.0 release and a Telegesis dongle. I was expecting this device to work after reading the supported devices here: ZigBee - Bindings | openHAB
Could it be related to the Telegesis dongle? I read this note " Note 1: Some devices may not work with the Telegesis dongle. " on above site so does this dongle maybe have some issues?

The cheapest I could find one is around £50 (including delivery).

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/spirit-zigbee-radiator-thermostat-et-spirit-zigbee-p238153.html?CCOUNTRY=447&LANGUAGE=en&ARTICLE=238153&ARTICLE=238153&&r=1;SID=94XerQqqwQATIAACjinrA7703b6a1beb0b80873394b75e62712a1

Since this is probably over twice the price of the EU cost - maybe someone in Germany can buy one and send it over which would probably cost about €35 or so?

I don’t see the spirit on that list - why did you expect it to work? I should add, I’m not saying it shouldn’t work - I’m just interested in your thinking…

Generally I would say it shouldn’t be an issue, but since I don’t know what the problem is it’s hard to say.

Hmm, when I browse here: ZigBee - Bindings | openHAB
I’m getting a list of working devices with the zigbee binding?
6th entry in the list is the “Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat Radiator Thermostat”.

Thats because I added it there. I use two of these and they do basically work, after successful discovery. I’m sorry if this is not the case for you.

But in general, there seem to be issues regarding reliable discovery and also some phenomena during usage (e.g. reporting of manual changes of the set temperature)

1 Like

Thanks - I’m blind! :wink:

I decided to bight the bullet and have purchased a ZigBee Spirit. I’m not sure if it will be here before the Christmas break or not, but once it arrives I will take a look at how this device is working.

1 Like

Thank you! Could you please send me your PayPal Link or mail address? I would like to contribute my 10€ :slight_smile:

Thanks. My address is chris @ cd-jackson.com.

Also thanks from my side to have a deeper look into the issue. I also sent my promised 10€.

@mrfrh I`m still wondering why it is working for you. Could you please describe your environment? Binding Version and OpenHAB Version and used dongle? Did you try the official openHAB 2.5.0 from last Sunday?

1 Like

I used 2.5 M2 with CC2531. Discovery of the thermostats took some time (as described above), but receiving the measured temperature and sending a set-temperature did work.

Since i upgraded to official 2.5 version, I’m having severe problems with the zigbee binding in general. I’m still investigation where this might come from. But many things, including the thermostats, do not work or work extremely slow… but this is a topic for a separate thread.

As everything zigbee-related is extremely slow, my CC2531 somehow seems to unable to cope with my ~15 devices…

I’ve had a bit of a look at this thermostat with the Ember dongle. The device is getting upset about a key exchange issue - I can fix this with a configuration update in an upcoming version of the binding and at least for the Ember dongle this will hopefully remove the join error.

I would not be surprised if this is also why it’s not working with the Telegesis, although I can’t currently confirm this.

I still need to look further into this to make sure that the channels are working correctly after this change, but as many of the reports above are about the error on joining, I hope this will fix that problem at least.

2 Likes

I have some new information regarding the Eurotronic Spirit and my Telegesis (Qivicon) dongle:
I updated to the complete official OpenHAB 2.5.1, now I’m able to find both of my Spirit devices and both show several channels in paper UI.
From one device I’m getting temperature updates and I’m also able to set the temperature, but the other device is not updating (even it shows online in Paper UI).
I will have a look into it the next days.
Anyway I’m very happy that at least one Spirit seems to work fine.

1 Like

Hi, first of all thanks for your work!

Is this configuration patch already available? May I can support with testing or development.

Yes, the latest binding should support this.

1 Like

Thanks, this works :slight_smile:

1 Like