Zigbee exception

Running:
openHAB 3.4.0 Build #3029
Using the Ember EM35x Coordinator on a Dual USB Nortek stick

FYI … I got this Zigbee exception … have not seen it before and only saw it once.

2022-10-01 09:40:58.708 [WARN ] [ng.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeThingHandler] - 000D6F000B2E7519: Polling aborted due to exception 
java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.clusters.general.ReportAttributesCommand cannot be cast to class com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.clusters.general.ReadAttributesResponse (com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.clusters.general.ReportAttributesCommand and com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.clusters.general.ReadAttributesResponse are in unnamed module of loader org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.EquinoxClassLoader @1c0e690)
	at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.ZclCluster.readSync(ZclCluster.java:1740) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.zcl.clusters.ZclElectricalMeasurementCluster.getRmsVoltage(ZclElectricalMeasurementCluster.java:3214) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.internal.converter.ZigBeeConverterMeasurementRmsVoltage.handleRefresh(ZigBeeConverterMeasurementRmsVoltage.java:121) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.handler.ZigBeeThingHandler$2.run(ZigBeeThingHandler.java:607) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

Please can you provide a debug log showing this issue so I can see the frames involved.

As I said, it only happened this one time.

Ok, if it happens again, then please provide the log and I’ll have a look. Without that I can’t really tell what caused this.

1 Like

Agreed. I was just noting it here in case someone else was seeing it as well.

Sure - the problem is that others may see this error for a completely different reason (or same reason, but different attributes on different devices) - the only way to know is the logs (sorry).

1 Like

Understood … do you think its better to not post this kind of occurrence and just wait until it’s repeatable and can get logs? Just trying to understand how I should handle it.

Good question - it’s a tough one and the answer is probably “it depends”. In many cases a debug log will be required - here for example the error is about a received frame, so without knowing what was received to cause the problem, I can’t really do a lot. In other instances it might be more self contained.

It’s not a problem (for me anyway) to post reports like this - so long as you’re prepared for the answer that logs are needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok sounds good :slight_smile:

1 Like