Zigbee light sensor / lux sensor / luminance sensor

I am looking for a light sensor so that I can automate my roller shutter.
Preferred would be a zigbee device. I know that all the motion sensors also have light sensors, but they are rather expensive and not optimal, if you only want to measure light/lux.

The only device that I found, that should fullfil my requests, is the Xiaomi Mijia Light Sensor:

Does someone have this running with OpenHAB?

Welcome!

Some people use the astro binding or similar to do something based on the sun’s position above the horizon. No additional hardware needed.

I ended up building my own lux/pressure/humidity/temperature sensors for ~$5US each and I have full control of the firmware. This is a great project for kids! One of these days I’ll write up a tutorial for them, but I plan to add some form of presence detection first. Some related info…

https://community.openhab.org/search?context=topic&context_id=99980&q=esp8266%20lux&skip_context=true

@5iver That search link does not work.

I disagree

Weird.
In Chrome, clicking on it gives an error. Opening in a new tab works.

In a new tab

2 Likes

I am more a software guy than a hardware guy, that’s why I am looking for a plug-n-play solution.
The astro binding can only be used to detect sunrise and sunset, as I understand it.
I want to use the light sensors to close the roller shutters 3/4, if there is direct sunlight.

So are there recommendations for a plug-n-play solution?

I have integrated three of these sensors via the zigbee2mqtt bridge, they work just fine.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I also ordered 3 of these Xiaomi sensors now. I will run them with conbee stick and deconz binding (I hope this will work!).

Can you tell me/us if it works?

It works great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bernd, did you add the light sensor via the deCONZ GUI or via the Rest API?

Thx
Tom

Hello Tom,
I have added the light sensor via the deconz GUI.

Hi Bernd,

What you show in the picture is the Phoscon GUI.

How did you get it in there?

I too tried to connect it there but without success, because Xiaomi light sensor are not supported by Phoscon App (actually).

Thx
Tom

Hello,
I used the Phoscon GUI to connect the sensors. They are supported in the version that I use.

Can you try this:
phoscon.de/pwabeta

Hi Bernd,

thanks a lot for the link and your screenshot, both kept me up, so I did not give up. :slight_smile:

I was on a newer version already (2.10.04) and so expected it would have to work than, but it didn’t. But because I saw in your screenshot, that it works somehow, I tried last beta version (2.11.02 / 14.3.2021) and with this beta it worked and my xiaomi light sensors have directly been found in Phoscon app.

thanks again!