Zigbee2MQTT installation: Cannot access config page

• Platform information: Openhabian, Openhab4, Windows11
    • Hardware: _RaspberryPi3
    • openHAB version: 4

Probably some small configuration detail, but I havn’t been able to identify it:
I have installed Mosqitto and Zigbee2MQTT, using Openhabian-config. Both installations are reported to be successful.

According to the post-installation message, the Zigbee2MQTT config page should be available on port 8081. However, I just recieve a “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED” from the link provided. I am trying to access the page using Chrome on a Windows11 pc.

Any ideas?

What does sudo journactl show ?

Well, it shows a lot (when I added an “L” to “journaLctl” :slight_smile: ). The most relevant part is probably this:

Nov 11 10:08:22 openhabian systemd[1]: Reloading.
Nov 11 10:08:23 openhabian systemd[1]: Started Zigbee2MQTT.
Nov 11 10:08:26 openhabian npm[2825]: > zigbee2mqtt@1.33.2 start
Nov 11 10:08:26 openhabian npm[2825]: > node index.js
Nov 11 10:09:17 openhabian npm[2838]: Building Zigbee2MQTT... (initial build), finished
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian npm[2838]: Error: Reset error: Error: {"sequence":-1} after 10000ms
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian npm[2838]:     at /opt/zigbee2mqtt/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/uart>
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian npm[2838]:     at Queue.executeNext (/opt/zigbee2mqtt/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/utils>
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: zigbee2mqtt.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: zigbee2mqtt.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: zigbee2mqtt.service: Consumed 1min 49.115s CPU time.
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: zigbee2mqtt.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: Stopped Zigbee2MQTT.
Nov 11 10:09:38 openhabian systemd[1]: zigbee2mqtt.service: Consumed 1min 49.115s CPU time.

To clean up my installation and get the latest version of Openhabian, I reinstalled the full system yesterday, and added Mosqitto. Then today, I continued with Zigbee2MQTT. Both Mosqitto and Zigbee2MQTT report successful installation. However the journalctl indicates that something is in error. And I still get the same ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I don’t use Zigbee2MQTT but I would assume that there should be a possibility to turn on debug logging or maybe there is already a Zigbee2MQTT related log file in /var/log/.
Others have similar errror messages Z2m problems - #30 by jastsai306 - Zigbee - Home Assistant Community

I found out. I was under the delusion that the Zigbee binding should be used with the controller. After I removed it, I am now (partly) up and running with Zigbee2MQTT.

The zigbee binding and zigbee2mqtt are different approaches to connect zigbee devices to openhab.

The binding might be preferred if you have only a few devices and if the zigbee implementation is closely to the zigbee-standard.
zigbee2mqtt has it’s strength in bigger meshes with devices that have just loose implementations of zigbee-standard like many of the China devices (tuya, xiaome…). There’s a community that tries to make almost any zigbee devices work with zigbee2mqtt by manually sniffing the communication etc.

Under settings–log you can change the log level to identify certain problems. But it’s important to switch back to “warn” or “error” afterwards. Many users faced problems when partitions overflowed due to excessive logging.