Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor Ver 2.0 ZSE40

As I mentioned before, I have deleted, removed, and excluded and re-added this device so many times now I’ve lost count. Every time I re-add it: it either shows up as an “Unknown” device with no channels or the few times it shows up correctly it shows up with two identically named channels (As others have also experienced above).

I am not… I followed the instructions at the main openHab page for setting up on Synology NAS: Synology DiskStation | openHAB

Which links to this GitHub repo: Releases · openhab/openhab-syno-spk · GitHub

And there the newest version listed is: 2.3.0.005 which is what I downloaded and installed onto my Synology NAS. I don’t see a 2.4 listed anywhere for Synology. Is that something I should upgrade to? Or should I ditch using the NAS and throw this onto one of the Raspberry Pis I have laying around?

-Jeremy

If you are not using the latest snapshot, then this is most likely the issue. Please consider using 2.4 snapshot if you want this to work.

Like I asked in my last post: Does that exist for Synology or do I need to ditch the NAS and move to Raspberry Pi? I don’t see a 2.4 build listed for Synology anywhere that I can find…

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with every installation package - sorry.

Hi,
I know it’s an old post but I wanted to add some comments.
I’m new to openHab and the binding process.

I have bought the same sensor and it works as expected.

• Press the sensor “connect” button and start Z-Wave scan: the ZSE-40 Motion Sensor was found instantly.
  • Be patient. The manual clearly indicates that once the sensor has joined the Z-WAVE network, it can take a while before the channels are configured.
  • I press, at an interval of 15 seconds, the same join button for about 3-4 minutes. The sensor booklet says 2 minutes.
  • Eventually the sensor “Things Type and Property” were refreshed with the correct information.
  • A bit later (10-20 s), the sensor channels appeared. (i.e. temperature, R.H., luminance, motion, and battery)

I created items from the channel’s sensor and they all work correctly.
The temperature sensor seems to be off by +1.5 °C / 2.7 °F.

Hardware : Pi 2, openHabian 3.1.0, NORTEK USB Z-Wave/Zigbee