Zooz Zen24 Dimmer - Parameter 4 missing?

• Platform information:

• Hardware: Pi 4B 2GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)
      Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 2.5.0.M4 (Build)
  • Zooz Zen24 Toggle Dimmer

installed this device and have it working.
the documentation mentions Parameter 4, which is fade up/down rate
Doesn’t seem to be a way to configure this parameter.

Properties

dbReference 789
defaultAssociations 1
manufacturerId 027A
manufacturerRef B112:261C
modelId ZEN24
vendor Zooz
versionMax 20.15
versionMin 20.15
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL
zwave_deviceid 9756
zwave_devicetype 45330
zwave_frequent false
zwave_lastheal 2019-11-12T07:41:28Z
zwave_listening true
zwave_manufacturer 634
zwave_neighbours 1,7,11
zwave_nodeid 8
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing true
zwave_secure false
zwave_version 20.15

Thanks
Brian

For your firmware version this is not configured in the database:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/789

That parameter is available for other firmware versions:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1011

If you think this is an error please update the database:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide

You could contact the helpful Zooz support. They can tell you if your firmware supports that parameter.
I would get verification from Zooz support before changing the database.

EDIT: The manual I our database item only shows the one configuration parameter. I know Zooz is improving their products based on feedback from their users. They recently sent us some new firmware versions of products that include scene control, for instance. They have been added to our database awaiting the next export.

1 Like

Did you recently buy this switch? If so, you may have received old stock. Zooz support has been very helpful to me personally in promptly replacing devices appearing to have issues.

Zooz is sending us a sample ZEN24 version 3 so we can update & verify our database.

UPDATE: We have started the database entry for this.
We are waiting on resolution of a contradiction for Parameter 10 and a pdf pf the version 3 manual.

Did this ever get completed?

I ask because I’m trying to add a Zooz ZEN24 to my system and I’m getting the “Thing zwave:device:fc25cf47:node22 unable to be approved: Duplicate channels” error.

I also noticed in the database entry referred to by @sihui that there is an error at the top of the page:

Device definition contains errors

• Channel “scene_number” in endpoint 0 command class CENTRAL_SCENE is duplicated!

These errors must be removed before the device can be approved

I see Scene Number is duplicated in CENTRAL_SCENE but also noticed that Dimmer is duplicated in SWITCH_MULTILEVEL.

Can anyone more knowledgeable than I please verify that correcting these errors will fix the problem without breaking something else?

This is the v3 page. The blue warning at the top can be safely ignored. Support did give me the correct information.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1160

I suspect 2.5.1 has the updated database entry. You would need to delete (NOT exclude) and re-discover the Thing to use the updated binding information.

I’m sorry, I was referring to the below link. I misread what was being done. I have a v2 and that is the database item with the error.

I will sign up on Chris’ website and see if I can fix.

Oh.
@chris will need to fix that.

Yep - I already did a while back :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having a problem with the ZEN24. I am not getting association reports (via Group 1, lifeline) I don’t know why. I do see that Zooz has a parameter 7 to configure what events trigger the report to be sent. You can see the list here. The OpenHAB Z-Wave 2.5 binding does not show this parameter in the configuration of the Thing. Here is the database entry for the device. I don’t know if this parameter could be the cause since I cannot see the setting. @chris Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Please how us the Thing attributes from HABmin so we can verify that is the correct database entry for your particular device. It should look similar to this ZEN23 example.

Hey Bruce. Thanks for helping me out. Here are the attributes as requested.

I also just noticed that in the associations it says “pending…”. Other Z-Wave switches don’t have this and are working just fine.

Where do you see that?

The manual linked to your device with firmware version 3.0 and above does not list a parameter 7:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/zwave_device_uploads/1160/zooz-z-wave-plus-toggle-dimmer-zen24-ver3-manual.pdf

Please show your source of information.

I did link my source it in my first post. Here it is again:

http://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/318-zooz-toggle-dimmer-zen24-ver-3-06-advanced-settings/

The bottom line is the switch is not sending the BASIC_REPORT to association group 1. I have been tailing the logs and other Zooz switches (ZEN23) send the report, but this one is not…

The first post is not your post. You want me to read all posts? Okay.
Please register on database website, request edit rights and add the missing parameter.

I don’t want you to read all the posts. When did I say that? You quoted my sentence and the very next sentence was the link to the source.

Then you should have done the proper thing and started a new thread for your issues. The volunteers here do not have the time to dissect your posts out of somebody else’s thread. If you want help you should have at least put in that much effort. Attitude because of your laziness is not going to encourage volunteer help.