Zwave and ipcamera issue

After two weeks of going crazy and so many attempts i can confirm that ipcamera whit 4 or 5 things linked (ipcamera’s dahua) block zwave at startup.
it seems strange but if i cancel things and disinstall ipcamera binding zwave it’s ok as expected.
if i try to reinstall binding and add things at the next startup zwave is block at startup.
thank

What version of openHAB do you have installed with openHABian?

openHABian v1.6.4 and openHABian v.1.6.3
openhab 3.0.2 and openhab 3.0.1

Not sure if they are still developing for openHAB 3.0.x bur you should probably open an issue on GitHub for the addons.

I don’t think this is a general issue as I have a similar setup and no problems:

openHAB 3.1.0 M4
IPCamera Binding with two Dahua cameras
Zwave Binding with zwave.me USB Stick and around 20 devices

1 Like

hi sihui, sorry but i’m sure that ipcamera stop zwave at startup. i ve made so many tests.
clean setup of openhabian, add zwave, add zwave’s things , add ipcamera, add ipcamera’s things reboot and zwave binding don’t see zwave usb stick. i ve try a lot of time and it’s so.

What does your openhab.log tell you when it stops?
Switch the IPCamera and Zwave binding to debug mode and post your logs.

1 Like

@chris @matt1

@davideesse is right about this. I’ve also been scratching my head for weeks trying to migrate from a Raspberry PI to a small Linux Server. Everything works except the Z-Wave Z-Stick Controller and its associated Z-wave devices. I tried all the other suggestions around permissions and symlinks, no difference. Once I delete the ipCamera things and reboot, the Z-wave comes back as expected. I can then add back the ipCamera things and they work as expected, but once the server is rebooted the Z-Stick dies again. This issue doesn’t happen on my Raspberry PI, only the standalone linux server.

Versions: OH3.0.2, All OH3 Milestones, and current snapshot (all are affected)
OS: I’ve tried Debian 10 and Ubuntu Server 21.04 (both have the same problem)
I installed openHAB on the Linux server using the latest 32bit openHABian images
Z-Stick: Z-Stick Gen5 and Gen5+ (both are affected)

opehab.log attached due to size (transport.serial, ipcamera, zwave all in DEBUG)
openhab.log (162.1 KB)

Marty

Same here:

Virtual Box VM:

~$ cat /etc/*release
PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"

~$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.10" 2021-01-19 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.45+27-CA (build 11.0.10+9-LTS)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Zulu11.45+27-CA (build 11.0.10+9-LTS, mixed mode)

openHAB version 3.1.0M4

280 x Active x  80 x 3.1.0.M4              x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: ZWave Binding
265 x Active x  80 x 3.1.0.M4              x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: IpCamera Binding

No issues.

Similar, except your OH is on a VM. I’m directly on a physical machine.

Reproducible issues.

If you do the same thing you can only expect the same result, to fault find you need to change 1 thing at a time and observe any changes and keep doing this until you find a break through that will give us a clue. We are not tech support so you need to put some leg work in. Hopefully this post gives you some ideas where to put some leg work into looking…

Which Pi is it and how is it setup? USB hard drive or uSD card? What is the mysterious linux server? motherboard and other pieces? This statement shows that it is not what I consider “Reproducible” as you have 1 system that has the issue and another that does not. What is different between them? this would be a good place to start.

I dont know Zwave at all so hopefully the following is not too wrong :slight_smile:

Does Zwave have hardware flow control and does yours have it? I don’t know.

If you compare the two bindings, one uses serial port and the other is http network so they do not share anything that can conflict at the code level that I can see and the fact you state the bindings work if you disable one so they start up at different times seems to confirm this. From looking at your log I notice that there is a TON of zwave messages all 1ms apart which probably is critical on the timing, so it may be that your server simply can not process the serial data and the network traffic in a timely fashion and this may be the root cause. A bottleneck being the cause and not java coding. Turning debug logs on will make the problem worse if the system is choked, so do all testing with no debug logs on. My thoughts are that your network card will be implemented on the USB bus and the http traffic is taking away USB bandwidth that your USB zwave dongle needs. A good system will not place the network card on the USB bus, but it is common especially in the old rasp PI models and small low cost computers.

I suggest you do some tests by pausing (pause button on the thing in the OH3 UI is handy for this) the 3 cameras that you have so they don’t generate traffic and leave the bindings fully installed the whole time.

0 cameras enabled, does it work?
1 camera enabled does it work?
2 cameras…

Is it only happening with a particular brand X camera when setup as ONVIF? Does setting them up as generic cameras solve the issue because they drop the extra ONVIF traffic from occurring at startup? I have seen some camera generate stupid feedback like loops because they don’t follow correct ONVIF specs and the http traffic would go through the roof for these cameras.

Sadly we can only guess as we dont know what the cameras are, what the PI you have working is, what exactly the linux server is…

I did have some issues last August that sound similar. I never fully diagnosed, but came to the conclusion in @matt1 post

it may be that your server simply can not process the serial data and the network traffic in a timely fashion and this may be the root cause. A bottleneck being the cause and not java coding.

Zwave is very slow compared to USB speeds (Zwave Plus is (at best) 100Kb/sec versus 500Mb-USB2) and I think traffic just got swamped by video.

I had bought a Pi4 2GB for the camera to replace the Pi3b. What I did was keep the Pi3b in service for only Zwave and use the Pi4 for the IP camera (and MQTT, etc.) and connect with the Event Bus tutorial. . Works like a charm. Very fast. very happy.

Perhaps you can try two OH instances in your VM and use the remote server in OH3 to connect the items (like PIR motion events) to trigger recording

Bob

1 Like

If you do the same thing you can only expect the same result, to fault find you need to change 1 thing at a time and observe any changes and keep doing this until you find a break through that will give us a clue. We are not tech support so you need to put some leg work in. Hopefully this post gives you some ideas where to put some leg work into looking…

I understand and will definitely put in the work. This one has baffled me long enough, and I suspect others are having this issue as well.

Which Pi is it and how is it setup?

Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel = Linux 5.10.17-v7l+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
Disk: 32GiB SD Card
openHAB: 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2382
z-wave: Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5 (ttyACM0: USB ACM device) (plugged in via USB 2.0 hub)
IP Cameras: 3 HIKVISION (DS-2CD2342WD-I, HIKVISION DS-2CD2342WD-I, DS-2CD2563G0-IS)

What is the mysterious linux server?

Motherboard: Shuttle FS61
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
Memory: 8GiB
Network: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Disk: Samsung SSD 840
Java:

• openjdk version “11.0.11” 2021-04-20 LTS
  • OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.48+21-CA (build 11.0.11+9-LTS)
  • OpenJDK Server VM Zulu11.48+21-CA (build 11.0.11+9-LTS, mixed mode)

openHAB: 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2382
z-wave: Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5 (ttyACM0: USB ACM device) (plugged directly into USB 2.0 port)
IP Cameras: 3 HIKVISION (DS-2CD2342WD-I, HIKVISION DS-2CD2342WD-I, DS-2CD2563G0-IS)

Does Zwave have hardware flow control and does yours have it? I don’t know.

That’s a good question and I wasn’t able to find an answer. If you know how to determine that let me know and I’ll get it.

If you compare the two bindings, one uses serial port and the other is http network so they do not share anything that can conflict at the code level that I can see and the fact you state the bindings work if you disable one so they start up at different times seems to confirm this. From looking at your log I notice that there is a TON of zwave messages all 1ms apart which probably is critical on the timing, so it may be that your server simply can not process the serial data and the network traffic in a timely fashion and this may be the root cause. A bottleneck being the cause and not java coding. Turning debug logs on will make the problem worse if the system is choked, so do all testing with no debug logs on. My thoughts are that your network card will be implemented on the USB bus and the http traffic is taking away USB bandwidth that your USB zwave dongle needs. A good system will not place the network card on the USB bus, but it is common especially in the old rasp PI models and small low cost computers.

As you can see from the specs, the server that has issues is a pretty beefy machine for OH3. It’s not an ARM processor or a PI, but it’s more powerful than the PI4 that is working as expected. See below for the details of each component of the server. It doesn’t appear that Network and USB are coupled together.

I suggest you do some tests by pausing (pause button on the thing in the OH3 UI is handy for this) the 3 cameras that you have so they don’t generate traffic and leave the bindings fully installed the whole time.

FYI, for debugging purposes, I only have 1 z-wave device and 1 camera running. I’m trying keep the system to a minimum at this point.

I’ve tried several different things around pausing and restarting.

1. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave Binding / Add ZW Device. ZW Device works. Reboot and Z-stick functions as expected.

2. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device. ZW device works. Reboot and Z-Stick functions as expected.

3. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device / Add HIKVISION Camera. Both Z-Wave Device and Camera works. Reboot and Z-stick won’t come back.

4. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device / Add HIKVISION Camera. Both Z-Wave Device and Camera works. Reboot and Z-stick won’t come back. Remove Camera Thing and Reboot. Z-Stick returns as expected.

Loading the ipCamera binding itself doesn’t cause the issue, but once I create a HIKVISION camera thing and reboot, the Z-stick won’t come back. This is reproduceable every single time.

Another interesting point is around OH 2.5.12. The Z-wave binding and and ipCamera binding work simultaneous on the server as expected. This issue only surfaced on OH3 and above, and I’ve tried all versions of OH3 (stable, milestone, and snapshot).

Is it only happening with a particular brand X camera when setup as ONVIF? Does setting them up as generic cameras solve the issue because they drop the extra ONVIF traffic from occurring at startup?

Another good question that I hadn’t tried. Here’s what I did to test ONVIF.

1. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device / Add ONVIF Camera. Both Z-Wave Device and Camera works. Reboot and Z-stick functioned as expected.

2. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device / Add 3 ONVIF Camera. Z-Wave Device and 3 Cameras work. Reboot and Z-stick won’t come back.

3. Fresh Install / Install Z-Wave binding / Install IpCamera Binding / Add ZW device / Add 3 ONVIF Camera. Z-Wave Device and 3 Cameras work. Reboot and Z-stick won’t come back.. Pause 2 ONVIF Cameras and reboot. Reboot and Z-stick functioned as expected.

You’re definitely on to something. When using the HIKVISION thing I can’t get a single camera to function as expected after a reboot, but with ONVIF I can get 1 to work as expected. It’s hard to imagine this machine getting bogged down, especially considering it works fine with 3 cameras and my 12 device z-wave network in 2.5.12.

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions as I feel like we’re making progress. Any thoughts on what I should try next?

sudo lshw
openhabian                  
    description: Desktop Computer
    product: DS61 (1.0)
    vendor: Shuttle Inc.
    version: V1.0
    serial: To be filled by O.E.M.
    width: 64 bits
    capabilities: smbios-2.7 dmi-2.7 smp vsyscall32
    configuration: boot=normal chassis=desktop family=D sku=1.0 uuid=00020003-0004-0005-0006-000700080009
  *-core
       description: Motherboard
       product: FS61
       vendor: Shuttle Inc.
       physical id: 0
       version: 1.0
       serial: 8001
       slot: To be filled by O.E.M.
     *-firmware
          description: BIOS
          vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
          version: 2.04
          date: 04/16/2013
          size: 64KiB
          capacity: 2560KiB
          capabilities: pci upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int5printscreen int14serial int17printer acpi usb biosbootspecification uefi
     *-memory
          description: System Memory
          physical id: 40
          slot: System board or motherboard
          size: 8GiB
     *-cpu
          description: CPU
          product: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
          vendor: Intel Corp.
          physical id: 41
          bus info: cpu@0
          version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz
          slot: SOCKET 0
          size: 1678MHz
          capacity: 3900MHz
          clock: 100MHz
          capabilities: lm fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp x86-64 constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc cpuid aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cpuid_fault epb pti ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase smep erms xsaveopt dtherm ida arat pln pts md_clear flush_l1d cpufreq
          configuration: cores=4 enabledcores=4 threads=8
           *-network
                description: Ethernet interface
                product: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
                vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
                bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
                logical name: enp3s0
                version: 06
                serial: 80:ee:73:60:73:a5
                capacity: 1Gbit/s
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
                configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=5.11.0-17-generic firmware=rtl8168e-3_0.0.4 03/27/12 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=twisted pair
                resources: irq:17 ioport:e000(size=256) memory:f0104000-f0104fff memory:f0100000-f0103fff
           *-network
                description: Ethernet interface
                product: RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
                vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
                bus info: pci@0000:05:00.0
                logical name: enp5s0
                version: 06
                serial: 80:ee:73:60:73:a4
                size: 1Gbit/s
                capacity: 1Gbit/s
                capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd 1000bt 1000bt-fd autonegotiation
                configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=5.11.0-17-generic duplex=full firmware=rtl8168e-3_0.0.4 03/27/12 ip=192.168.1.8 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=twisted pair speed=1Gbit/s
                resources: irq:19 ioport:d000(size=256) memory:f0004000-f0004fff memory:f0000000-f0003fff
        *-usb:1
             description: USB controller
             product: 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 1d
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.0
             version: 05
             width: 32 bits
             capabilities: pm debug ehci bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=ehci-pci latency=0
             resources: irq:23 memory:f7d07000-f7d073ff
           *-usbhost
                product: EHCI Host Controller
                vendor: Linux 5.11.0-17-generic ehci_hcd
                physical id: 1
                bus info: usb@2
                logical name: usb2
                version: 5.11
                capabilities: usb-2.00
                configuration: driver=hub slots=2 speed=480Mbit/s
              *-usb
                   description: USB hub
                   product: Integrated Rate Matching Hub
                   vendor: Intel Corp.
                   bus info: usb@2:1
                   version: 0.00
                   capabilities: usb-2.00
                   configuration: driver=hub slots=6 speed=480Mbit/s
        *-isa
             description: ISA bridge
             product: H61 Express Chipset LPC Controller
             physical id: 1f
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.0
             capabilities: isa bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=lpc_ich latency=0
             resources: irq:0
        *-sata
             description: SATA controller
             product: 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port Desktop SATA AHCI Controller
             physical id: 1f.2
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.2
             clock: 66MHz
             capabilities: sata msi pm ahci_1.0 bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=ahci latency=0
             resources: irq:31 ioport:f0b0(size=8) ioport:f0a0(size=4) ioport:f090(size=8) ioport:f080(size=4) ioport:f060(size=32) memory:f7d06000-f7d067ff
        *-serial
             description: SMBus
             product: 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller
             physical id: 1f.3
             bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.3
             configuration: driver=i801_smbus latency=0
             resources: irq:18 memory:f7d05000-f7d050ff ioport:f040(size=32)
     *-pnp00:00
          product: PnP device PNP0c01
          capabilities: pnp
          configuration: driver=system
     *-pnp00:01
          product: PnP device PNP0c02
          physical id: 2
     *-pnp00:02
          product: PnP device PNP0b00
          physical id: 3
          configuration: driver=rtc_cmos
     *-pnp00:03
          product: PnP device INT3f0d
          physical id: 4
     *-pnp00:04
          physical id: 5
     *-pnp00:05
          product: PnP device PNP0501
          physical id: 6
          configuration: driver=serial
     *-pnp00:06
          product: PnP device PNP0501
          physical id: 7
          configuration: driver=serial
     *-pnp00:07
          physical id: 8
     *-pnp00:08
          physical id: 9
     *-pnp00:09
          physical id: a
     *-pnp00:0a
          product: PnP device PNP0c01
          physical id: b
     *-scsi:0
          physical id: c
          logical name: scsi1
          capabilities: emulated
        *-disk
             description: ATA Disk
             product: Samsung SSD 840
             physical id: 0.0.0
             bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
             logical name: /dev/sda
             version: 8B0Q
             serial: S19HNSAD574293B
             size: 111GiB (120GB)
             capabilities: gpt-1.00 partitioned partitioned:gpt
             configuration: ansiversion=5 guid=c2f83eec-ff7c-4ac1-89fd-a9d09d4117be logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512
           *-volume:0
                description: BIOS Boot partition
                vendor: EFI
                bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0,1
                logical name: /dev/sda1
                serial: 4cc5e1bb-2cb5-4ebf-8609-672ade6b485a
                capacity: 1023KiB
                capabilities: nofs
           *-volume:1
                description: EXT4 volume
                vendor: Linux
                physical id: 2
                bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0,2
                logical name: /dev/sda2
                logical name: /boot
                version: 1.0
                serial: d46db9ad-33b3-45aa-a7f3-e95f59f160ed
                size: 1GiB
                capabilities: journaled extended_attributes large_files huge_files dir_nlink 64bit extents ext4 ext2 initialized
                configuration: created=2021-05-12 18:29:07 filesystem=ext4 lastmountpoint=/boot modified=2021-05-15 07:11:04 mount.fstype=ext4 mount.options=rw,relatime mounted=2021-05-14 16:39:47 state=mounted
           *-volume:2
                description: EFI partition
                physical id: 3
                bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0,3
                logical name: /dev/sda3
                serial: 9EDGU7-USkA-D8Lm-0h1B-KGx9-jloF-5Bdu0s
                size: 110GiB
                capabilities: lvm2
     *-scsi:1
          physical id: d
          logical name: scsi4
          capabilities: emulated scsi-host
          configuration: driver=usb-storage
        *-disk
             description: SCSI Disk
             product: STORAGE DEVICE
             vendor: Generic
             physical id: 0.0.0
             bus info: scsi@4:0.0.0
             logical name: /dev/sdb
             version: 9454
             capabilities: removable
             configuration: logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512
           *-medium
                logical name: /dev/sdb
  *-power UNCLAIMED
       description: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       product: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       vendor: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       version: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       serial: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
       capacity: 32768mWh

hi. the issue is repicable on my raspberry 4 with version 3.0.2.
this is the log when i have 7 ipcamera dahua mod IPC-HFW2431T-ZAS-S2

2021-05-15 14:23:37.581 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.104 has started on port 2004 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:37.646 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.103 has started on port 2003 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:37.806 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.102 has started on port 2002 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:37.926 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.107 has started on port 2007 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:38.013 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.106 has started on port 2006 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:38.062 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.105 has started on port 2005 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:38.233 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.109 has started on port 2009 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 14:23:37.550 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681104’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:37.623 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681103’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:37.786 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681102’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:37.844 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681107’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:37.973 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681106’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:38.047 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681105’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:38.193 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681109’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2021-05-15 14:23:41.620 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681104’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:41.679 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681103’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:41.824 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681102’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:41.943 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681107’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:42.028 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681106’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:42.083 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681105’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:42.250 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘ipcamera:dahua:1921681109’ changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2021-05-15 14:23:42.623 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.104, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:42.679 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.103, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:42.825 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.102, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:42.943 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.107, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:43.029 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.106, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:43.083 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.105, re-starting it now

2021-05-15 14:23:43.251 [INFO ] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - The alarm stream was not running for camera 192.168.1.109, re-starting it now

this is the log for zwawe

Blockquote2021-05-15 14:23:40.917 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - Creating ZWave discovery service for zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56 with scan time of 60
2021-05-15 14:23:40.918 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - ZWave discovery: Active zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56
2021-05-15 14:23:40.919 [INFO ] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Attempting to add listener when controller is null
2021-05-15 14:23:41.077 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Initializing ZWave serial controller.
2021-05-15 14:23:41.078 [DEBUG] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Initializing ZWave Controller zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56.
2021-05-15 14:23:41.151 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:bbe8669d56:node17.
2021-05-15 14:23:41.071 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2021-05-15 14:23:41.081 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline
2021-05-15 14:23:41.147 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:bbe8669d56:node17’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
2021-05-15 14:23:41.154 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘zwave:device:bbe8669d56:node17’ changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (BRIDGE_OFFLINE): Controller is offline

if i turn off (pause) the 7 ip cameras zwave come to work as well.

if i turn on 1 camera zwave work as expected this is the log

2021-05-15 15:17:37.318 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - Creating ZWave discovery service for zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56 with scan time of 60

2021-05-15 15:17:37.320 [DEBUG] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - ZWave discovery: Active zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56

2021-05-15 15:17:37.321 [INFO ] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Attempting to add listener when controller is null

2021-05-15 15:17:37.458 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Initializing ZWave serial controller.

2021-05-15 15:17:37.461 [DEBUG] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Initializing ZWave Controller zwave:serial_zstick:bbe8669d56.

2021-05-15 15:17:37.558 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:bbe8669d56:node17.

2021-05-15 15:17:40.954 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to ‘192.168.1.9’ with clientid 66efd77c-1206-480c-bc94-4181f9ecb6f0

2021-05-15 15:17:41.261 [DEBUG] [era.internal.handler.IpCameraHandler] - File server for camera at 192.168.1.102 has started on port 2002 for all NIC’s.

2021-05-15 15:17:41.424 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Cameras UTC dateTime is:2021-5-15T14:18:27

2021-05-15 15:17:41.429 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Openhabs UTC dateTime is:2021-05-15T13:17:41.428Z

2021-05-15 15:17:41.571 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - deviceXAddr:/onvif/device_service

2021-05-15 15:17:41.572 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - eventsXAddr:/onvif/event_service

2021-05-15 15:17:41.573 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - mediaXAddr:/onvif/media_service

2021-05-15 15:17:41.574 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzXAddr:/onvif/ptz_service

2021-05-15 15:17:41.887 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 15:17:41.899 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzNodeToken=000

2021-05-15 15:17:41.905 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.102:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 15:17:42.008 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzConfigToken=000

2021-05-15 15:17:42.011 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Processing new PTZ location now

2021-05-15 15:17:42.012 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Pan is updating to:62 and the cam value is 0.233333

2021-05-15 15:17:42.484 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port ‘/dev/ttyACM0’

2021-05-15 15:17:42.504 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Starting receive thread

2021-05-15 15:17:42.507 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Starting ZWave thread: Receive

2021-05-15 15:17:42.510 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Serial port is initialized

2021-05-15 15:17:42.511 [DEBUG] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Initialising ZWave controller

2021-05-15 15:17:42.536 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller

2021-05-15 15:17:42.536 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - ZWaveReceiveThread queue empty

2021-05-15 15:17:42.537 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.

2021-05-15 15:17:42.537 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 0 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:42.547 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event listener added.

2021-05-15 15:17:42.549 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event listener added.

2021-05-15 15:17:42.551 [DEBUG] [zwave.handler.ZWaveControllerHandler] - Scheduling network mesh heal for 11 hours time.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.548 [DEBUG] [.ZWaveController$InitializeDelayTask] - Initialising network

2021-05-15 15:17:45.558 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 255: Added 0 to queue - size 1

2021-05-15 15:17:45.559 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 0 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.563 [DEBUG] [wave.internal.protocol.SerialMessage] - Assembled message buffer = 01 03 00 15 E9

2021-05-15 15:17:45.565 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - NODE 255: Sending REQUEST Message = 01 03 00 15 E9

2021-05-15 15:17:45.566 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Message SENT

2021-05-15 15:17:45.567 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 06

2021-05-15 15:17:45.568 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage started: TID 0: [WAIT_RESPONSE] priority=Controller, requiresResponse=true, callback: 0

2021-05-15 15:17:45.569 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - processReceiveMessage input 0<>128 : Message: class=null[0], type=ACK[2], dest=255, callback=0, payload=

2021-05-15 15:17:45.570 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 255: Added 1 to queue - size 1

2021-05-15 15:17:45.571 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 10 01 15 5A 2D 57 61 76 65 20 36 2E 30 37 00 01 97

2021-05-15 15:17:45.571 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 1 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.573 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Received msg (0): Message: class=null[0], type=ACK[2], dest=255, callback=0, payload=

2021-05-15 15:17:45.573 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 255: Added 2 to queue - size 2

2021-05-15 15:17:45.574 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - lastTransaction TID 0: [WAIT_RESPONSE] priority=Controller, requiresResponse=true, callback: 0

2021-05-15 15:17:45.574 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 1 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.574 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Received msg: ACK

2021-05-15 15:17:45.575 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - ZWaveReceiveThread queue empty

2021-05-15 15:17:45.576 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 255: Added 3 to queue - size 3

2021-05-15 15:17:45.576 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - processReceiveMessage input 0<>128 : Message: class=GetVersion[21], type=Response[1], dest=255, callback=0, payload=5A 2D 57 61 76 65 20 36 2E 30 37 00 01

2021-05-15 15:17:45.577 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 1 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.578 [DEBUG] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - Transaction SendNextMessage 1 out at start. Holdoff false.

2021-05-15 15:17:45.579 [DEBUG] [rialmessage.GetSucNodeIdMessageClass] - Get SUC NodeID

If have try to turn on one more and reboot, on more and reboot… at the 6 of 7 zwave stop.
6 cameras stop zwave not in order, i have try to turn off and turn on different address camera.

this is the log

2021-05-15 16:24:33.752 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.103:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 16:24:33.754 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 16:24:33.761 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - deviceXAddr:/onvif/device_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.763 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - eventsXAddr:/onvif/event_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.764 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - mediaXAddr:/onvif/media_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.765 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - We hit an issue parsing url:

2021-05-15 16:24:33.806 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Cameras UTC dateTime is:2021-5-15T15:25:20

2021-05-15 16:24:33.808 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Openhabs UTC dateTime is:2021-05-15T14:24:33.807Z

2021-05-15 16:24:33.880 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 16:24:33.881 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzNodeToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:33.882 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.106:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 16:24:33.899 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Cameras UTC dateTime is:2021-5-15T15:25:19

2021-05-15 16:24:33.903 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Openhabs UTC dateTime is:2021-05-15T14:24:33.902Z

2021-05-15 16:24:33.940 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 16:24:33.951 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - deviceXAddr:/onvif/device_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.952 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - eventsXAddr:/onvif/event_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.954 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - mediaXAddr:/onvif/media_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.954 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzXAddr:/onvif/ptz_service

2021-05-15 16:24:33.963 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.107:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 16:24:33.964 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzNodeToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:33.964 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzConfigToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:33.965 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Processing new PTZ location now

2021-05-15 16:24:33.967 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Pan is updating to:50 and the cam value is 0.0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.009 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - deviceXAddr:/onvif/device_service

2021-05-15 16:24:34.010 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - eventsXAddr:/onvif/event_service

2021-05-15 16:24:34.011 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - mediaXAddr:/onvif/media_service

2021-05-15 16:24:34.012 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzXAddr:/onvif/ptz_service

2021-05-15 16:24:34.021 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Processing new PTZ location now

2021-05-15 16:24:34.023 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Pan is updating to:50 and the cam value is 0.0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.024 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzConfigToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:34.142 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.156 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.105:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 16:24:34.158 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzNodeToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:34.264 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzConfigToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:34.266 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Processing new PTZ location now

2021-05-15 16:24:34.268 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Pan is updating to:50 and the cam value is 0.0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.315 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetSnapshotUri:/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.330 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - GetStreamUri:rtsp://192.168.1.109:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2021-05-15 16:24:34.334 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzNodeToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:34.428 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Processing new PTZ location now

2021-05-15 16:24:34.430 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - Pan is updating to:50 and the cam value is 0.0

2021-05-15 16:24:34.440 [DEBUG] [amera.internal.onvif.OnvifConnection] - ptzConfigToken=00000

2021-05-15 16:24:38.079 [DEBUG] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port ‘/dev/ttyACM0’

The serial library used in OH3 has exhibited problems with other bindings related to establishing a connection. Typically it’s in an error recovery situation, e.g. a disconnect/reconnect sequence fails to “see” the port at reconnect.

I can’t imagine how that might be influenced by network activity, but mentioned as background.

Thanks for mentioning it was not aware, but my guess is these other bindings are ones that are serial port based, or are their ones that are non serial port based that cause issues?

@davideesse

I looked at the mini i7 server you have and you have maxed the Cpu to the biggest recommended and it has a note you need to be careful of the HDD used due to power supply probably at its limits. Perhaps the zwave dongle is tipping it over the edge on startup when power draw is at its max. Try a good quality USB powered hub to provide the stick with power to see if it helps.

i don’t have a server, i have a rpi3b+ but i’ve try to use a good usb powered but nothing it’s change. i’ve used ipcamera+zwave with 7 camera’s from november with openhab 2 without problem. an update in april start to make me crazy with zwave and serial. with ipcamera with 7 camera’s zwave don’t start and this is always repicable in ever situation (also in a fresh installation).

I think you were referring to my machine. I’ll try a powered USB tomorrow, but I don’t expect anything to change. I’ve used my i7 server for many years without power issues.

As I stated before, my entire system worked perfectly with OH 2.5. Just like @davideesse, my issues started with OH 3. Something changed and it’s causing problems n

1 Like

The pi3 has its network port implemented on the USB bus, the PI4 was the first one to have proper 1gb network that was not on the USB bus. No idea if that will cause problems just something to bear in mind as it can be a bottleneck that you may hit the limits of.

That may be the case, but a lot changed in V3 and it may be that V3 starts more code up in a shorter space of time. As for the ipCamera binding very little if anything changed between 2.5 and V3.0 stable as it had only just got merged.

matt it’s the same in PI4 i’ve just try. fresh installation only zwave binding and ipcamera binding, add 6 cameras and at the reboot zwave don’t start as expected.