Zwave binding gives: "error 500: internal service error"

I have install OH 2.5 on a Synology DS918+. The zwave binding is working fine, except when editing zwave things in the paperui. When I try it gives error 500: internal server error. So it is not possible for me to change configuration parameters.
With the previous version OH 2.4 there we’re no problems.
Does anyone knows how to solve this?

How have you defined your things? Are they defined in text files or through PaperUI?

In general there should not be any problem with editing ZWave things that have been created in the UI - this works fine for me, but it’s hard to say how to solve something without more information on the problem.

I defined all my things through PaperUI.

Actually, I discovered this morning that it is possible to edit things when using Snapshot 3.0. With 2.5 or Snapshot 2.5.1 I get the error.

You cannot use OH3 snapshot with OH2.5. If you have a mixed system, then I don’t know what will happen. Since namespaces are being refactored there are likely to be big problems.

In any case, I’ve no real idea what your issue is and you will need to provide more information - logs etc.

Well I was on 2.5 when the error occured, so i turn back than. Previously when on OH 2.4 there were no problems.
Which logs do you need?

Problem is finally solved. The error disappeared when I switched to Snapshot 3.0. When I reverted back to snapshot 2.5.1 the error didn’t come back. Editing things is possible now.

Thank you for looking at it.

So to confirm, you have no OH3 bundles included in your system? If there are OH3 bundles around, then strange things could happen, and you could get class no found exceptions for example. The logs would allow us to see that.

I have no OH3 bundels. Because of the error I just tried the snapshot 3.0 zwave binding. The error disappeared. You wrote:

You cannot use OH3 snapshot with OH2.5. If you have a mixed system, then I don’t know what will happen. Since namespaces are being refactored there are likely to be big problems.

So I switched back tot snapshot 2.5.1 zwave binding (which previously didn’t solve the error) and everything seems to be ok now: no errors and being able to edit z-wave things.

I have a similar problem since OH2.5 on Ubuntu. When I want to edit I get also this “500 - internal error”. Looking in the log file, i find this :
2020-02-01 19:05:45.223 [ERROR] [st.core.internal.thing.ThingResource] - Exception during HTTP PUT request for update config at ‘things/zwave:serial_zstick:15218efd/config’
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Thing with UID zwave:serial_zstick:15218efd has no handler attached.
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingRegistryImpl.updateConfiguration(ThingRegistryImpl.java:95) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.rest.core.internal.thing.ThingResource.updateConfiguration(ThingResource.java:438) [bundleFile:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_192]

Any idea ?

I usually see that in the logs if the binding has been stopped or uninstalled. If you have an invalid addon in your configuration, the loader reloads ALL addons (including zwave) every minute trying to load the invalid one. the addons.config file down in userdata usually has the answer.
A common culprit is if you had restdocs installed and then upgraded. As stated in the Warnings displayed when upgrading and in the Release Notes, the location of that addon moved.

Thanks for your very fast answer. Sorry, I’m a newbie. I just see this at starting of openhab or when i stop the bundle and restart it. And I never installed restdocs.

@Michael_Grymonprez You must have a different issue then, even though the symptoms are similar.
To avoid confusion, please start a new topic.

Ok.

1 Like

Finally I uninstall the binding and reinstall it.
Things looks ok now.

Thanks for your help

1 Like