ZWave binding updates

No - not at all. You can use either F or C, but you must use UoM so that the units are passed to the binding otherwise the binding has no idea what the units are.

Hi Chris can you confirm this binding is an older one prior to merging with the snapshot?

251 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201809081506     │ ZWave Binding

Regarding UoM or what? Took me a five seconds forum search:

Zwave as per my post. I didnt see any mention of zwave in your linked post.

I guess you are referring to the merging of the development branch with security etc? That was done on the 9th Sep by the looks of it, so the version you reference was probably the last before the merge.

Thank you Chris.

Would appreciate your input on my other issue around dual controllers here - Zwave Binding adding a second controller

Does the Milestone version include the security enhancements or are they only in the 2.4.0 Snapshot?

241 x Active   x  80 x 2.4.0.RC1              x ZWave Binding

Milestones M3 through M8, RC1, 2.4 stable, and 2.5 snapshots all have these changes.

1 Like

Sorry - I just spotted this message. If you don’t mention me with the @chris, then I don’t get a notification and am likely to miss the message if I’m busy.

I hesitate asking this, because it seems an obvious question, but I haven’t found an answer yet: What’s the recommended way to upgrade from the earlier 2.4 snapshot releases to the official 2.4 release? Do I have to do the remove-uninstall-install-add-dance again? Thanks!!

No - if you’re already running 2.4, then there’s no need to delete the things again as your definitions will already be using the “new” 2.4 versions…

1 Like

Hi Guys

I am seeing this in the log after upgrading to 2.5 snapshot

What is this ‘predicted’ as the item won’t switch on. I deleted and readding all things

12:29:04.687 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'KitchenDim1' received command 45
12:29:04.688 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - KitchenDim1 predicted to become 0
12:29:09.970 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'KitchenSw1' received command ON
12:29:09.971 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - KitchenSw1 predicted to become OFF
12:29:19.839 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'KitchenDim1' received command 89
12:29:19.842 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - KitchenDim1 predicted to become 0

I believe this was part of the rework of autoupdate. This also added the new feature of preventing the use of an Item if the Thing it is linked to is OFFLINE. So, the somewhat inaccurate dead node status can be a big headache.

So the state of an Item cannot be changed or inspected just because a linked Thing is offline? That sounds more like a bug than a feature, as there should not be an assumed “ownership” of an Item by a Thing. The offline status is an aspect of the Thing, not the linked Item.

My things are online, so i dont know why im seeing this message.

You’ll see the predicted state message whether they are online or offline… this is normal.

Here’s a comment from Kai that helped me to understand it. I can’t see anything positive in this new feature. Occasionally, zwave Things are marked as offline, even though they are still functioning, but could still be controlled through a UI or rule. This is no longer possible.

Hi Scott,

OK, well why does it say predicted to be 0? That appears to be turning my item off.

As a result of this upgrade, my lights now do not work. I send a command of 50% dim and it sets it to 0 and then sets the Sw item to OFF.

That can’t be normal :slight_smile:

As seen here:

13:22:53.336 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'KitchenDim1' received command 59
13:22:53.338 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - KitchenDim1 predicted to become 0
13:22:54.509 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'KitchenSw1' received command ON
13:22:54.514 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - KitchenSw1 predicted to become OFF

No, that sounds bad! But if your Things are ONLINE, I don’t know what else could be causing this. :slightly_frowning_face: Some zwave debug logs may help. How are the dimmer and switch Items defined?

May guess is that the command somehow didn’t get through, so OH is predicting that the state will return to what it was before the command.

Defined as so.

Grrrr why is Zwave so problematic in OH2. It’s frustrating! :frowning: Is there a way to debug specifc Zwave nodes

/*ZWave Dimmer 2 Kitchen Lights*/
Switch KitchenSw1  "Kitchen"                                           (gAllLights,gInsideLights)                [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node6:switch_dimmer" }
Dimmer KitchenDim1 "Kitchen [%d %%]"                                                                             [ "Lighting" ]     { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node6:switch_dimmer" }
Number KitchenNum1 "Kitchen - Current Consumption [%.1f W]"            (gAllLightsUsage)                                            { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node6:meter_watts" }
Number KitchenNum2 "Kitchen - Usage [%.1f kW]"                         (gPowerUsage)                                                { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node6:meter_kwh" }

/*ZWave Dimmer 2 Eave Lights*/
Switch BackEveSw1  "Back Eave"                                           (gAllLights, gOutsideLights) [ "Lighting" ]                   { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node20:switch_dimmer" }
Dimmer BackEveDim1 "Back Eave [%d %%]"                                                                [ "Lighting" ]                   { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node20:switch_dimmer" }
Number BackEveNum1 "Back Eave - Current Consumption [%.1f W]"            (gAllLightsUsage)                                             { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node20:meter_watts" }
Number BackEveNum2 "Back Eave - Usage [%.1f kW]"                         (gPowerUsage)                                                 { channel="zwave:device:c5b08a5b:node20:meter_kwh" }

OK… they are linked to the same Channel. It wasn’t clear before how they were both changing. I’ve only just upgraded to S1465 myself, but everything seems to be functioning properly (except sendNotification). Does the light turn on at all, or does it turn on then back off? And how long has it been since upgrading? Maybe the Things are still initializing, and the autoupdate “feature” affects more than just offline Things. I’ve noticed the status of my zwave Things (mains powered) in Habmin getting stuck in PING for a long while after a restart.