ZWave binding updates

zwave
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f01476e0768>

(Mr. Wiseman) #360

Chris,

It works . . .

2018-12-31 09:20:36.273 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Connecting to serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'
2018-12-31 09:20:36.550 [INFO ] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Serial port is initialized
2018-12-31 09:20:36.765 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller
2018-12-31 09:20:36.766 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.

I get this during a clean cache/tmp startup (only during the clean startup) but I get these also with other 2.4 bindings running OH 2.3.

file install output

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-12-31 09:14:10.691 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/volume1/homes/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [198]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-12-31 09:14:10.698 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/volume1/homes/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [198]

Here’s some readins from some of the zWave devices:

2018-12-31 09:29:20.840 [INFO ] [clipse.smarthome.model.script.Status] - Garage Humidity Value: 58
2018-12-31 09:29:18.860 [INFO ] [clipse.smarthome.model.script.Status] - Garage Temperature Value: 49.2000000000000028421709430404007434844970703125
2018-12-31 09:34:13.732 [INFO ] [clipse.smarthome.model.script.Status] - Basement Humidity Value: 34

Best, Jay

(Chris Jackson) #361

You might want to double check that you don’t have multiple versions installed. Normally these sort of errors mean that the binding won’t start as it can’t find (in this case) the serial driver. Either that or check a bit earlier in the log as the binding does log the version when it first starts.

(Mr. Wiseman) #362

OH 2.3.0001 which is the version I’m running, does have an issue keeping the serial driver loaded w/o having a binding tied to it installed. Once I remove the original zWave binding through PaperUI, it removes the serial driver also.

Couple ways to get around this in OH 2.3.0001 is load another binding through ADD-ON’s file that I’m NOT using but loads the serial driver anyway (Bose Sound Binding) has it built in. Another way is to go into the Karaf console and load it manually every time (that got old).

I’m waiting for the Synology team on OH to release the 2.4 build for my device (not sure when/if that will happen).

Best, Jay

(Kris K) #363

@chris It seems there is some issue with my system and the zwave binding as I most certainly now days later have no Habmin ZWave map.

Can you provide some pointers to get this enabled or work out why its not? I will try the 2.5 Snapshot binding as above I guess

Thanks

(David Phillips) #364

Hi @chris,

I’m a bit green on working with OH in a non-‘out of the box’ way, so I apologise in advance for the simple question. I tried to update the binding by dropping the updated jar file into add-ons of my 2.4. stable install, doing a bundle:stop on the previous version and a bundle:start on the new version, as it listed as being installed, however I get the following message:

openhab> bundle    
openhab> stop 218
openhab> start 252
    Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
    	Error starting bundle 252: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [252]
      Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.4.0"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.zwave"; singleton:="true"

So I then uninstalled the 2.4.0 zwave binding completely via paperUI and tried to start the bundle again and received the following:

openhab> start 252
Error executing command: **Error executing command on bundles:**
**Error starting bundle 252: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [252]**
**Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io**

And after a restart of the OH system, I get the following in the logs:

15:28:53.739 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zwave            ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zwave
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [252]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]

15:28:55.605 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall         ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openHAB2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [252]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
15:29:05.622 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall         ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/opt/openHAB2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Is there some other way I should be updating the zwave jar file? or do i need to move to 2.5 snapshot? Sorry if it’s a basic question.

kind regards,

dave.

(SiHui) #365

You need to install the serial driver through karaf:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

(David Phillips) #366

Thanks @sihui,

that got it working. I’ll see if this bundle resolves the data streaming issue from my devices.

regards, dave.

(Chris Jackson) #367

This is updated during the nightly heal. Do your devices show any neighbors in the properties? If so, this is working and it’s a problem with the graph itself maybe?

(Tomas Andre) #368

I’ve upgraded to 2.4 BUT have two problems;

1. only 5 out of 25 items is found - is it possible to “re-read” the items?
  2. node24 is flooding with info in the log - HOW do I remove a specific a node from the stick

I have a Aeon Zstick gen 5

2019-01-01 19:17:13.614 [WARN ] [nal.protocol.ZWaveTransactionManager] - NODE 24: Not initialized (ie node unknown), ignoring message.

(Kris K) #369

hi @chris

nightly heal has passed and yes theres neighbors, still no map

Any suggestions on what to do to resolve?
Thanks

(SiHui) #370

With the latest 2.5 snapshot you even don’t have to wait for the nightly heal anymore. After a restart the map is shown immediately.

(Kris K) #371

Hi sihui, well its not :slight_smile:

How would i troubleshoot this?

(SiHui) #372

Sorry, not a single idea :joy: Edit: if you are already on the very latest snapshot.

(Kris K) #373

2.4 stable with latest zwave snapshot binding

(SiHui) #374

A long time ago (I don’t remember the browser family) I had the picture size set to a very small percentage and could not see the map either. You may want to hit CTRL - 0 to set it to default :sunglasses:

(Kris K) #375

Thanks but thats not it :slight_smile:

(Dino) #376

Dear all,

i updated to the latest stable build of openhab (version 2.4). With this version all my zwave items working fine, only my vibration sensor ZS5101 making problems…

Battery status and tamper alam are working also, only the why iam using these sensors the shock alarm will not work!

I tested already to exclude and reinclude a device and also to reset one of my devices completly and include it again. The inclusion works without any problems, but the problem with shock alarm will not go away… :frowning:
With with latest unstable Snapshot (1484) the problem is also there.

I hope someone can help, i dont want to downgrate to 2.3…

Thanks in advance
Smylo

(Chris Jackson) #377

Not really - it must be a problem with the browser I think. What does it actually show?

(Chris Jackson) #378

Please provide a log showing what events are received when it detects vibration.

(David Phillips) #379

Hi,
Issue: zwave devices, such as Fibaro FGD212 Dimmer 2, and ZW096 Smartswtich 6 do not stream data, such as power consumption data either to the logs or for persisting to DB. Nor do manual activation of the device (physical switch) register for on/off events, and therefore habpanel, openab mobile app, etc. do not report the correct state of the device.
On suggestion, I have updated the zwave bundle to version: 2.5.0.201812302011 on OH 2.4.0 Stable, running on a MacMini with OSX (Mojave). Once updated, I left overnight just to ensure healing was complete. I then checked associations and found that none were associated with the controller. I went and set all devices’ group associations to lifeline = controller via habmin. This did not resolve the issue. I then did a restart of the server. This did not resolve the issue.
I then removed one device via paperUI, and recreated it. tested, no change, and then changed the dimmer link to profile type ‘follow’, tested, no change.
I cannot get a physical activation of the device to register in OH, nor will the power data, etc. stream updates back to the OH server.
Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks and regards, Dave.