ZWave binding updates

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1736438998>

Ups. Are your devices online?
Did you check via karaf that the correct binding version is active?

Everything is back online, but I’ve also noticed that there are no references in the log re discovering network neighbors.

bundle version: 2.4.0.201809091339

I think this is fine - just wait for the nightly heal.

Thanks Chris, will do :slight_smile:

Just to clarify - I removed all of this from the initialisation to keep the initialisation traffic to a minimum to try and speed up the initialisation. On large networks, this can take a long time, so first time around, you’ve got to wait for the heal…

(if it’s not working again tomorrow, then let me know :slight_smile: )

New snapshot build available, I tried again:

264 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201809091339     │ ZWave Binding
openhab> bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave
openhab> bundle:list|grep -i zwave
264 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201809091339     │ ZWave Binding

Then I tried PaperUI, uninstalled zwave, installed zwave:

openhab> bundle:list|grep -i zwave
272 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.4.0.201809091339     │ ZWave Binding

So it is correct that the issue is still open :rofl:

Just competed the update and everything went through fine, only have one device missing which is a secure door lock. Will I need to re-do this, securely?, or should it heal overnight?
Cheers

If you were using the secure binding already, then it should sort itself out - so long as you did not loose the key :wink: . The key is stored in the controller “thing” so it should not get lost if you didn’t delete this.

If you’ve lost the key, you’d need to exclude and re-include.

Lovely, it was the same thing for the controller and everything else came straight back. Hopefully it will sort itself out tonight :slight_smile:

Cheers for the info! :+1:

Well that explains why my locks are not giving me any status updates. I deleted the original “thing” and kept the new “thing” lol… Will need to reinclude them tonight.

Edit: Found a backup of the old Thing json and receovered the key. If I input that into the new “thing” I assume my locks will start functioning again without the need to reinclude them?

Yes - they should. You will need to restart the binding I think.

Thanks. Also, I have over 100 devices so instead of deleting and recreating them all, re-lilnking, etc, I instead went and modified the jsondb files and updated all their device IDs. Everything seems to work okay, except for the locks which I now have an explanation for.

Try this.

bundle:update org.openhab.binding.zwave https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.4/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zwave/2.4.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar      
1 Like

I have 76 nodes (many mains). On a reboot some devices get stuck at “REQUEST NIF”.
I would assume a host with a higher spec (currenlty Pi2) would improve things for me to get all devices going on a reboot/restart?

cheers

Yep, works, that seems to be the only way to update.
I tried PaperUI again but no luck.
The update problem is not zwave related, I tried other bindings too, no update through PaperUI possible.

I didn’t investigate as you did, but this will also at least depend on your UI setting whether to use the online repo or .kar, and the versions of installed addons packages.

Nope, never been used.

That’s possibly why. .kar contents is cached and cache contents is properly deleted/replaced during addon package upgrade process. Wouldn’t bet on this to happen for the online repo version, and not to forget about connectivity caused problems there (or key or location changes you don’t notice).

Maybe you misinterpreted my answer: I’m not using the kar, just plain online.

No I don’t. The online repo you get your binding jars from is a repo, too.