ZWave database re-synchronisation

Most of the channels that are deprecated are not recommended (hence why they are being removed) - eg switch channels when there is a dimmer channel, or some older alarm channels where we have an improved option. In the longer term (probably for 2.6) we will probably look to remove some of these (this has been discussed a lot on the past).

@chris
Does that mean a “pause” of database changes for a day or so?

No - it’s fine. I actually did the export a few days back, but just havent have the time to write this “warning” message before merging :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just updated to S1698. I had to restart several times because I kept getting the Queue Full message. I removed zwave from the addons.cfg, restarted again, waited for the load on the server to return to normal, and then added zwave back to the addons.cfg.

However, all four of my DZS15 devices came up really strange in Habmin (sorry, no pic). There was only a delete button available. I’ve seen this long ago… I think it was an XML issue. I deleted the Things and rediscovered, but the devices are no longer resolved.

2019-09-24 15:07:25.723 [WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 7: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 001D:1C02:0334::0.7
2019-09-24 15:07:25.737 [WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 13: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 001D:1C02:0334::0.7
2019-09-24 15:07:25.742 [WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 14: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 001D:1C02:0334::0.7
2019-09-24 15:07:25.891 [WARN ] [org.openhab.binding.zwave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 137: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 001D:1C02:0334::0.7

The device db entry shows there is some information missing, but I am pretty certain that it was there previously. In looking into the binding jar, the device XML is missing. Is this related to the db resync?

I suspect the information was always missing and the device has just become unpublished and missed with the export. I’ve just re-exported and will do an update tomorrow.

2 Likes

@5iver
If you could provide the inclusion & exclusion information ir would help complete that database entry. :wink:

I have no prob completing the db entry… just wanted to confirm this was related to the resync and not an issue with the recent device db cleanup.

1 Like

I just updated to S1705 with zwave 2.5.0.201909300431 and the Thing xml for the DZS15 is still missing from the binding. Everything looks right in the device db, but the changes I made were done after the last export, so that would explain why it is still missing.

@chris, did this slip past you?

Indeed, it looks missing here.

I’m not sure if I’ve done an update since then. I was travelling last weekend so didn’t don one, but without checking github I’m not 100% sure.

I think that is the issue. Apparently the database export & the upload to Github are 2 separate processes.

Nope, you have not done an update since then and one is needed so that this device is included.

Give the space guy some space. :wink:

I thought that after 9 days a friendly reminder would be appropriate. No need to call the guy spacey though! :space_invader:

1 Like

Sorry - it’s just a bit of a busy time at the moment. I will do an update now - although I seem to recall that someone wrote an explanation on how to update the JAR so you could in future refer to that :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Are you sure he can trust that source?? :rofl::wink:

Yes… very informative and helpful post. It got our lights working again… but I was getting concerned for the others! :wink:

Thank you, Chris! There’s really no hurry/issue from my side… just didn’t want it to completely slip away.

1 Like
4 Likes