Zwave device doesn't receive command

I’ve been trying to connect my Everspring AN157 (which is in the database) to my Raspberry Pi 3 with a z-wave.me stick through OH2. I installed Habmin, including and excluding devices worked and I connected my AN157, which is now called node2. In Paper UI the node is listed as: Node 2, Unknown Device, zwave:device:1564819d336:node2 .
I can provide the XML file if necessary

My .items file looks like this:

Switch Testlamp "Testlamp" { channel="zwave:device:1564819d336:node2:switch_binary" }

And my sitemap looks like this:

sitemap home label="test"
{
Frame label = "test"
{
Switch item=Testlamp
}
}

When flicking this switch I get the following error:

14:28:52.159 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command received zwave:device:1564819d336:node2:switch_binary --> ON
14:28:52.164 [WARN ] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Command for unknown channel zwave:device:1564819d336:node2:switch_binary with OnOffType

When pressing the on/off button on the device itself (I think it sends a message so the status can be updated?) I get the following:

14:31:52.284 [DEBUG] [WaveSerialHandler$ZWaveReceiveThread] - Receive Message = 01 0F 00 49 84 02 09 03 10 01 25 27 72 86 75 73 D4 
14:31:52.289 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Receive queue TAKE: Length=0
14:31:52.291 [DEBUG] [wave.internal.protocol.SerialMessage] - Assembled message buffer = 01 0F 00 49 84 02 09 03 10 01 25 27 72 86 75 73 D4 
14:31:52.293 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Process Message = 01 0F 00 49 84 02 09 03 10 01 25 27 72 86 75 73 D4 
14:31:52.294 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Message: class=ApplicationUpdate[0x49], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=84 02 09 03 10 01 25 27 72 86 75 73 
14:31:52.302 [DEBUG] [essage.ApplicationUpdateMessageClass] - NODE 2: Application update request. Node information received.
14:31:52.303 [DEBUG] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 2: Starting initialisation from DONE
14:31:52.304 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event Listener org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer@17fe7ad already registered
14:31:52.304 [DEBUG] [essage.ApplicationUpdateMessageClass] - NODE 2: Application update request. Requesting node state.
14:31:52.305 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Notifying event listeners: ZWaveDelayedPollEvent
14:31:52.306 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Got an event from Z-Wave network: ZWaveDelayedPollEvent
14:31:52.307 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling intialised at 7200 seconds - start in 75 milliseconds.
14:31:52.309 [DEBUG] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - Checking transaction complete: Sent Message: class=SendData[0x13], type=Request[0x00], priority=Poll, dest=2, callback=8, payload=02 01 00 
14:31:52.311 [DEBUG] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - Checking transaction complete: Recv Message: class=ApplicationUpdate[0x49], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=84 02 09 03 10 01 25 27 72 86 75 73 
14:31:52.312 [DEBUG] [.serialmessage.ZWaveCommandProcessor] - Checking transaction complete: class=ApplicationUpdate, callback id=8, expected=SendData, cancelled=false      MISMATCH
14:31:52.383 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 2: Polling...

Can anyone tell me why the device doesn’t receive the command (or doesn’t switch when it receives the command)?

I would say there’s some sort of mismatch with how you’ve specified the item, and the device type. If paper UI thinks the device is unknown, you probably need to solve that first otherwise it probably won’t work.

There are two possible reasons the device isn’t found - one is that your device isn’t in the database, and the other is there’s an issue in ESH that is causing the ZWave binding a problem when writing information into the inbox.

It would be best to check your device is in the database since we can probably solve that easily - the other problem is somewhat more complicated.

Hi Chris, I checked and it should be in the database here. How would i go about solving this? Thanks for your help!

To be sure, please can you confirm that you checked the type/ID for your device and it’s consistent with the values in the database (or preferably post the XML here, then I can double check). Often there are many types/ids for the same device…

Sorry my understanding was that you wanted to know if my device (as in the modelnumber) was in the database, not to crosscheck with the xml file, im sorry. Here is the xml file:

<node>
  <deviceClass>
    <basicDeviceClass>SLAVE</basicDeviceClass>
    <genericDeviceClass>BINARY_SWITCH</genericDeviceClass>
    <specificDeviceClass>POWER_SWITCH_BINARY</specificDeviceClass>
  </deviceClass>
  <homeId>0xf70ce3a9</homeId>
  <nodeId>2</nodeId>
  <version>3</version>
  <manufacturer>0x60</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x1</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x104</deviceType>
  <listening>true</listening>
  <frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening>
  <routing>true</routing>
  <security>false</security>
  <beaming>true</beaming>
  <maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate>
  <nodeInformationFrame>
    <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass>
    <commandClass>SWITCH_ALL</commandClass>
    <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
    <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass>
    <commandClass>PROTECTION</commandClass>
    <commandClass>POWERLEVEL</commandClass>
  </nodeInformationFrame>
  <supportedCommandClasses>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC</commandClass>
      <manufacturerSpecificCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <versionSupported>1</versionSupported>
      </manufacturerSpecificCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>VERSION</commandClass>
      <versionCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <libraryType>LIB_SLAVE</libraryType>
        <protocolVersion>2.64</protocolVersion>
        <applicationVersion>1.1</applicationVersion>
      </versionCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>PROTECTION</commandClass>
      <protectionCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <localModes/>
        <rfModes/>
      </protectionCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SWITCH_ALL</commandClass>
      <switchAllCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <isGetSupported>true</isGetSupported>
        <mode>SWITCH_ALL_INCLUDE_ON_OFF</mode>
      </switchAllCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>BASIC</commandClass>
      <basicCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </basicCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>NO_OPERATION</commandClass>
      <noOperationCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </noOperationCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>SWITCH_BINARY</commandClass>
      <binarySwitchCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
      </binarySwitchCommandClass>
    </entry>
    <entry>
      <commandClass>POWERLEVEL</commandClass>
      <powerLevelCommandClass>
        <version>1</version>
        <instances>1</instances>
        <powerLevel>0</powerLevel>
        <powerTimeout>0</powerTimeout>
      </powerLevelCommandClass>
    </entry>
  </supportedCommandClasses>
  <securedCommandClasses/>
  <associationGroups/>
  <nodeNeighbors>
    <int>1</int>
    <int>3</int>
  </nodeNeighbors>
  <lastSent>2016-08-06 15:14:48.848 UTC</lastSent>
  <lastReceived>2016-08-06 15:14:48.890 UTC</lastReceived>
</node>```

Sorry - I should have been clearer. The issue with the database is there can be multiple sets of IDs for the same device…

Anyway, your device isn’t in the database. Your IDs are -:

<deviceId>0x1</deviceId>
<deviceType>0x104</deviceType>

And the database only has -:

References (Type:Id)	0004:0001

I’ll update this and hopefully add it to the build for this evening.

Ah that explains a lot, thank you so much! How would I update this after this evening?

Just use PaperUI or HABmin, go to the Extensions menu, uninstall the zwave binding wait 30 seconds and reinstall it again.