Zwave device not fully discovered

I’m just setting up OpenHAB and am having a problem with my wall plug zwave switches not being fully discovered.

They are reported as Philio Technology Corp by Home Assistant. I don’t see them listed in
“Things Supported by the Z-Wave Binding”.

Does this mean I need to learn how to create a binding and configure it myself in order to use these switches?

zwave_beaming	true
zwave_class_basic	BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic	GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_class_specific	SPECIFIC_TYPE_POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_deviceid	47
zwave_devicetype	1
zwave_frequent	false
zwave_listening	true
zwave_manufacturer	316
zwave_neighbours	1,2
zwave_nodeid	3
zwave_plus_devicetype	NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_plus_roletype	ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_routing	true
zwave_secure	false
zwave_version	1.2

Welcome!

You do not need to crate a binding but we may want you to create an entry in our device database for a future binding update.
How did you capture that information? I am trying to determine whether the numbers are decimal or hexadecimal.

I cut and pasted it from the Paper UI after clicking on Show Properties:
Configuration -> Things -> Z-Wave Node 003 (013C:0001:002F:1.2)

I’d be happy to create an entry if I can figure out how.

Does this mean I can’t use the device until someone else gets around to filling in the binding?

Thanks.

1 Like

OK, those numbers are decimal. Z-Wave IDS are usually hexadecimal.

The database is usually exported about once a week and then picked up by the snapshot build process. Most people wait for a snapshot build but there is a complex process documented here on how to modify a binding to add the entry.

The database guide here can assist. If it is too complex for you we can help here.

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-database-guide