ZWave Device Sensitive Strip 11 01 011 not recognised

Ok, so it’s no general problem.

No, only one wakeup during the 30 seconds to initiate the inclusion should be fine. The finalization of the inclusion could be done afterwards.

Have you tried to put it away some more? I’ve seen cases where it indeed was a problem when the device was too close…

Other than that…yeah, maybe your device is simply defect.

This is exactly like I know it. With battery sensors you have to wake them up a few times until they are fully synchronized.

I tried this too. Mostly I was near by the stick (like every manual says), but I tried also a few meters…

This is my guess, so it is already on the way back to the dealer.

Hi,

Just to double-check how to get this to work with OH2.0. Config parameter 1 set to “notification report” and item created as a Contact, not as a Switch? Then it should work?

Would be grateful for a steer!

thank you,

Dan

it indeed works fine with those settings

Glad I found this thread, I also fight with the strips and don’t get them to show open/close in the BasicUI Default Home sitemap anymore.
While a lot has been written about HABmin configuration settings here - can someone provide a working items file for the strips and ideally a sample rule.
Would be highly appreciated.

Thx

Uwe

Thanks sihui, but this one says command=sensor_binary. Am I correct that I just need to replace it with sensor_door leaving the rest as is?

Uwe

I don’t have that device, easiest way is to take a look at the database:
http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/251
so it should be sensor_door

Now I am totally confused. The linked database says sensor_binary in the table at the end. HABmin says sensor_door.

Set up both with different items and take a look in your events.log which one fires :grinning:

You are looking at the wrong information - although, possibly the only informaiton you can see - maybe. What I think you are looking at is the list of command classes down the left side? This is only the supported command classes - it’s not in any way related to what channels are available. The database then shows Door Sensor under the ALARM command class, and if you are logged in, you will see that this uses sensor_door channel in OH2.

Never realized that there is a difference … good to know.

Yes, maybe I should change this, but that’s how it is at the moment :wink:

Picture service for @uweb in case he has no account yet:

Thanks guys.
Learning more and more about zwave now :wink:

OK, I now successfully added the strips and defined items by only using HABmin.
I just wonder that in Habmin and Sitemaps (also in BasicUI) the status is lost always after a while, sometimes even after minutes - but when the door is opened/closed again the status is shown correctly for a while before disappearing again.
So how can I ensure that I always see the latest status?

Another question is - when the alarm switch is triggered - how to set it back to off?
I used the Switch in HABmin Sitemap (Switch to Off), but when I reload the page it toggles back to On.

Thanks for any help in those topics.

Uwe

I am just guessing but this sounds as if the bindings tries to poll the device status (which is performed on regulary basis i.e. 30 minutes for main powered devices). However the sensative strips are battery powered so they won’t respond to the poll request.

Well, while it is correct that the binding tries to poll the device (it polls every device), and this is needed for some data (eg battery level) this won’t impact the UI. If information is disappearing, then this is highly likely to be something outside of the binding.

The statement above says that reloading the page solves the problem, so I would say that this is a UI issue only.

Hi Chris,

you got my statement concerning reload wrong - it was related to the temper_alarm switch only.
When I manually toggle the tamper_alarm switch to off (after I enforced a real temper_alarm at the sensor which was properly setting the switch to on) and reload the page it toggled back to on after reload.
So I am / was not clear on how to release / confirm a temper_alarm event and set the status back to “off”. It seems to work now as I configured category “Alarm”

For the open/close status information it is even worse.
When I open a door the new status is shown in sitemap on BasicUI. But when I reload the page then the status is gone. When I now close the door the new status is popping up, on reload of the page the status is gone

EDIT:
I just cross-checked what the status for sensor_door is in HABmin sitemap and there the latest status is still displayed while in BasicUI (Default) Sitemap the status is empty and only shown in the moment the sensor status changes but then lost (not shown anymore), once the page is reloaded.

I am on OH2 stable, just for info.

Now I am about to give up. Just restarted openhab service and no starus updates anymore. All showing NULL no more open/close status at all.