ZWave Dual Paddle displays as Single

Do you have more than one of these devices, and do they behave the same? You’ll probably need the expert for this one (@chris), but OTMH I do not see a way to resolve it.

You could hack the definitions in your binding to make this work, but probably best as a last resort.

I think we’ve seen this before with this, or other TKB devices :roll_eyes: . They use the same set of codes for multiple devices which is a real ballache.

Anyway, how to extract ourselves from this…

This device was added quite recently, so I can probably track down who added it, and we can try and have a discussion about this. We might be able to differentiate the devices using firmware versions, if not, and they really are exactly the same, then we’ll have to rethink.

1 Like

@e-rook I think you might have added this device to the database? Are you able to join the discussion :slight_smile:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/781

Sure I can join :slight_smile: trying to find out what we want to achieve… I have one piece of TZ35S in my installation. Do we need documentation or ?
It works correctly, however sometimes it reports back with delays :confused: good it responds to remote changes quickly.

I have dual paddle TZ37 switch also and it responds much better.

What is the question :)?

Can you provide the product ID, product type, and firmware version that is displayed in PaperUI for the two products?

We will put together a small table of these values for the different products so we can (hopefully!) get a clear picture of what is what.

Thanks.

Here it goes:

TZ37 double relay:

dbReference 562
defaultAssociations 1,2,3
manufacturerId 0118
manufacturerRef 0311:0203
modelId TZ37
vendor TKB Home
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY