ZWave Fan Homekit Integration

Hi, I have a ZWave fan setup and working properly in the UI, but I’m trying to get working in HomeKit as well. My items file entry:

Dimmer   OfficeCeilingFan_DMR "Office Ceiling Fan [%d]%" <fan> (Fans_All_GP)    {channel="zwave:ge_zw4002_00_000:controller:OfficeFan:switch_dimmer", ga="Fan" [ speeds="0=off:zero,25=low:one,50=default:medium:two,100=high:three", lang="en", ordered=true ], homekit="Fan" }

Again, this works well in the UI, Homekit sees the device, and can switch the fan on, but it immediately displays as off in HK, and there is no option to change fan speed in HK.

I see in the HK docs: HomeKit Add-on - System Integrations | openHAB this:

Number          FanRotationSpeed    "Fan Rotation Speed"    (FanWithLight)     {homekit = "Fan.RotationSpeed"}

But Fan.RotationSpeed throws an error in the logs, and does not appear in HK. Any ideas?

Edit: this is OH 3.4.0

actually your config should not work as type Dimmer is not support for ON/OFF of fan. only Switch is supported, but ok, if it works, even better.

try following line

Dimmer OfficeCeilingFan_DMR "Office Ceiling Fan [%d]%" <fan> (Fans_All_GP) {channel="zwave:ge_zw4002_00_000:controller:OfficeFan:switch_dimmer", ga="Fan" [ speeds="0=off:zero,25=low:one,50=default:medium:two,100=high:three", lang="en", ordered=true ], homekit="Fan.ActiveStatus, Fan.RotationDirection" }

Think I got it. Looks like you need to group the items, this was talked about in the homekit docs, but not specifically to fans, so I didn’t see it. This seems to work like a charm:

Group    OfficeCeilingFan_GrP   "Office Ceiling Fan Group"      <fan>                               { homekit="Fan" }  
Switch   OfficeCeilingFan_Pwr   "Office Ceiling Fan Power"      <fan>    (OfficeCeilingFan_GrP)    { channel="zwave:ge_zw4002_00_000:controller:OfficeFan:switch_dimmer", homekit="Fan.ActiveStatus" }
Dimmer   OfficeCeilingFan_Dmr   "Office Celing Fan [%d]%"  <fan>    (OfficeCeilingFan_GrP)      {channel="zwave:ge_zw4002_00_000:controller:OfficeFan:switch_dimmer", homekit="Fan.RotationSpeed" }
1 Like