Zwave - FGRGBW RGBW Controller color_color control

Sorry - I’m just confused now :confused:.

The 99% issue is ONLY a display issue, so can’t be associated with the original issue. As I’ve said, in ZWave, it is not possible to set a dimmer to 100% - only 99% - so this is correct.

I’ll take a look at what’s happening at some stage, but I’m afraid I’m confused by the point you’re trying to make about the 99% - sorry :frowning: .

I perfectly understand that it’s just a display issue. And I would appreciate if it could display 100 instead of 99.

And also if you could look into the brightness issue of the HSB command.

thanks

Ok - I’m still confused as I thought you said this was related to the brightness issue. Anyway, I suggest we park this for now - it’s very low priority.

What UI are you using? I see that PaperUI only sends Hue - not Sat/Bri. If I use a different UI, it works ok.

I am using Rotini

Wow, this blew up into something unexpected! Anyway, back on topic as this prompted me to re-test with a build from the weekend. The behaviour is very similar but what I see is that setting 300,100,50 (my partners favourite colour as well Chris) works. The diode will indeed go to the correct colour and seems to be 50% brightness, the logs and rest API concur. However, when the following appears in the logs;

19:36:52.317 [INFO ] [.commandclass.ZWaveColorCommandClass] - NODE 13: Color report finished {GREEN=36, BLUE=36, RED=128, WARM_WHITE=0}

The color_color item then gets a state change to 100 brightness. Perhaps something in the colorcommandclass triggers the item to 100 when it generates this report? Either way, this is low priority as can be circumvented with a rule change.

It’s probably not the command class itself, but I suspect the converter might not convert the RGB back to HSB (which is what OH needs) properly. If you want to open an issue about this I’ll take a look at some stage.

Thanks
Chris

Apologies, but I’m a bit confused by this.

I have items and commands in a rules file as follows:

Dimmer	MyLight_R 	"Red [%d %%]" 	{channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer2"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_G 	"Green [%d %%]" {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer3"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_B 	"Blue [%d %%]" 	{channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer4"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_W 	"White [%d %%]" {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer5"}

sendCommand(MyLight_R,1)
sendCommand(MyLight_G,0)
sendCommand(MyLight_B,0)
sendCommand(MyLight_W,0)

In OH1.8 this would turn on the light a very low red. In OH 2.0 it turns the light white. Similarly odd results if I plug other numbers in. Is there a way around this problem?

thanks,

Dan

Why do you set the colors individually? Isn’t it easier to use an HSB item and just set the color directly?

Regarding your question, the colors are currently named wrong. I’ve already updated the database so this will hopefully solve your problem once the binding is updated - tonight or tomorrow.

thanks - I confess I don’t understand how to use HSB items!

It’s just another item type - so you can send HSB commands instead of having to send individual RGB channels which is much more convenient - it also allows you to use the color picker in sitemaps rather than 3 color channels…

If you don’t know what HSB is, I’d suggest a google for HSB to RGB convertor, or something similar - there’s a number on the web that will do this for you.

The channels names should now be updated in the binding.

thanks - yes, just wan’t sure how to use the itemtype. But the problem now seems to have mysteriously fixed itself!

Hi,
I ran into this issue as well. I am using a snapshot build from today.

RGB0 is bound to the Color channel of a Fibaro rgbw controller.

My goal was to set a very low white light, so I sent this:

RGB0.send(new HSBType(DecimalType::ZERO, PercentType::ZERO,new PercentType(1)))

Result: no light at all. Tried with different values. While picking colors in the color picker widget worked at first glance I began to notice that it would ignore the brightness scale.

Then I read in the color channel description that it accepts also dimmer (and ON/OFF) commands. I tried this, which it fixed the problem.

rule "brightness rgb0"
when
	Item RGB0 changed
then
	RGB0.send((RGB0.state as HSBType).brightness)
end

Now the brightness (I suspect the W channel) is set correctly as well.
Any thoughts?

Kind Regards
Sebastian

Hello,

Would someone be so kind to post his full setup on the fibaro rgbw ?
I played with this last night but i am unable to set it up to use the color color item.
I would like to see a working item,rules setup to use in the paperui.
I would be very gratefull cause i tried with my previous setup but it seems the color color needs something else.
When i select a color when i have turned on the leds with the main dimmer they all shut down.

Kindest regards Wolf

Sure.

This is the items file, sitemap and rules for a manual colour picker, and automated night light (red at night, green when kids are allowed to get out of bed!). Works with latest snapshot.

Item file:

Color 	MyLight 		"Colour" 		<slider>
Dimmer 	MyLight_All 	"Brightness [%d %%]" 	<switch> 	 {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer"}
Dimmer	MyLight_R 	"Red [%d %%]" 		<switch> 	 {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer2"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_G 	"Green [%d %%]" 		<switch> 	 {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer3"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_B 	"Blue [%d %%]" 		<switch> 	 {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer4"}
Dimmer 	MyLight_W 	"White [%d %%]" 		<switch> 	 {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:switch_dimmer5"}
Dimmer  MyLight_HSB "Colour" <switch>  {channel="zwave:device:51e2ba40:node40:color_color"}

Sitemap:

Colorpicker item=OrenLight icon="rgb"

Rules:

rule "Manually change MyLight Value"
when
	Item MyLight changed
then

hsbValue = MyLight.state as HSBType
	redValue = hsbValue.red.intValue.toString
	greenValue = hsbValue.green.intValue.toString
	blueValue = hsbValue.blue.intValue.toString

logInfo("LIGHTING", "My lights changed to: {}, {}, {}", redValue, greenValue, blueValue)

sendCommand(MyLight_R,redValue)
	sendCommand(MyLight_G,greenValue)
	sendCommand(MyLight_B,blueValue)
end

rule "Turn My light red"

when
		Time cron "0 30 18 ? * *"
	then

sendCommand(MyLight_R,1)
				sendCommand(MyLight_G,0)
				sendCommand(MyLight_B,0)
				sendCommand(MyLight_W,0)
end

rule "Turn My light green"

when
		Time cron "0 10 7 ? * *"
	then
			sendCommand(MyLight_R,0)
			sendCommand(MyLight_G,1)
			sendCommand(MyLight_B,0)
			sendCommand(MyLight_W,0)
end
1 Like

Well, thank you for posting your config.

I am trying to get my fibaro rgbw controller working in openhab 2.0 and i have a simular config to yours.
for me its not working.
When i check the Paperui i see a color selector and dimmer + saturnation.
when i turn on the primary dimmer and try to select a color all is turned off.
can you select a color in the paperui ?

kindest regards

I have following config

items:

Group Z_RGBW “Living RGBW”

Color Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color “RGBW Color” { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:color_color” }
Dimmer Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Dimmer “RGBW Dimmer [%d %%]” (Z_RGBW) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:switch_dimmer” }

Dimmer Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_R “RGBW Red [%d %%]” (Z_RGBW) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:switch_dimmer2” }
Dimmer Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_G “RGBW Green [%d %%]” (Z_RGBW) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:switch_dimmer3” }
Dimmer Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_B “RGBW Blue [%d %%]” (Z_RGBW) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:switch_dimmer4” }
Dimmer Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_W “RGBW White [%d %%]” (Z_RGBW) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:switch_dimmer5” }

Number Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Power “RGBW Electric Meter W [%.1f W]” (Energy) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:sensor_power” }
Number Z_RGBW_Livingroom_PowerUsage “RGBW Electric Meter kWh[%.2f kWh]” (Energy) { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:meter_kwh” }
Number Z_RGBWLivingroom_Programs “RGBW Programs” { channel=“zwave:device:controller:node8:scene_number_param72” }

rules:
import org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.HSBType

var HSBType hsbValue
var String redValue
var String blueValue
var String greenValue

rule "Set Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color Value"
when
Item Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color changed
then
hsbValue = Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color.state as HSBType
redValue = hsbValue.red.intValue.toString
greenValue = hsbValue.green.intValue.toString
blueValue = hsbValue.blue.intValue.toString

sendCommand (Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_R, redValue )
	sendCommand( Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_G, greenValue )
	sendCommand( Z_RGBW_Livingroom_Color_B, blueValue )

end

Did anyonetry to set the module to rgb rainbow setting ? Checking habmin i see this is possible.
Could it be that we need to change it to be able to use color color in paperui ?

Kindest regards

@chris
Hey chris, you have a rgbw controller to.
Are you able to use the color item linked to the color class thing ?
Could you post your item config and rule ?
I also want to know if we should change the config of the device.
When i use the color item and change it in paper ui i am seeing updates of a kind i do not know.
3 numbers separated by a ,
Can you or someone help out ?

Kindest regards

Ps: i could use it the old fashion way but then whereis the fun in using new classes huh ? :wink:

Yes - although to be honest I’ve not tried it for a while, but it was working when I originally implemented it.

I don’t really have anything - sorry. I do my configuration through the UI, so I just tick the box ;).

I’ve not got it connected to the network at the moment as I did a reinitialisation a few months back and need to crawl into a tight spot to include this device so I can’t easily test it today. I don’t really recall doing any configuration.

(sorry - not so helpful)

Well let me put it this way.
Implementing my original rule works with the classic way of configuring but i saw a new class called color so i tried to use this.
When turning on the led stripand then choosing a color in the paperui it just turns off with or without rule.
I also tried replacing the colowheel by the the new color thing / item to transform it to hsb value but its not working.
Thats why i asked you if you know a topic /you or someone that has allready done this.

Also the device config in habmin, dimmer multiswitch or rgbw, rainbow device ?

Kindest regards wolf

1 Like