Zwave Fibaro FGWP102 switch plug doesn't mesh with fibaro door sensor FGDW002

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspi 3
    • openHAB version: Openhabian 2.1
  • Issue of the topic:

I have 5 door sensor FGDW002 and one Fibaro FGWP102 switch plug in place. All works fine if all devices could directly connect to Razberry controller. If I move 2 of my door sensors outside Razberry Controller reach with the Plug in between, there is no zwave meshing.
see below the topology:
Raspi 3 with Razberry Zwavw Board -------- Fibaro FGWP102 switch plug (should act as a repeater) ---- to ----door sensor FGDW002 (all Fibaros brand new with Firmware 3.2)

Door sensor shows routing:

but meter plug show shows no routing?:

I learned, zwave should do automtic meshing alt least plugged devices like metering plugs etc.
Any ideas what wron. I need the meshing because I couldn’t bring all door/windows sensor in the zwave range of the controller.

Many thx in advance …

Peter

I think it’s most likely that for some reason the binding is not correctly reflecting the stauts of the device. It’s not possible to change the routing status - the device will route, and the controller will use it for routing as needed.
I suspect that this information is only written to the OH status when the device is first discovered, and for some reason, it was wrong, but it won’t affect the operation.
You could try reinitialising the device to see if it changes the state - otherwise check the xml for the device in the {userdata}/zwave folder as that will have the real state.

Hi,

my problem is not the display, my problem is, that zwave doesn’t mesh. Could you please give the exactly path and name, where I could find the xml-file? Many thx

Peter

I’m not sure how you know that - there’s really no indication that’s available…

It depends on your system. Please read the documentation to find out where your {userdata} folder is mapped to - it is {userdata}/zwave folder - the filename is nodeX where X is the node of your device.

Hi,

thx for all beginners, its in /var/lib/openhab2/zwave$

<node>
  <deviceClass>
    <basicDeviceClass>ROUTING_SLAVE</basicDeviceClass>
    <genericDeviceClass>BINARY_SWITCH</genericDeviceClass>
    <specificDeviceClass>POWER_SWITCH_BINARY</specificDeviceClass>
  </deviceClass>
  <homeId>0xfd64fd13</homeId>
  <nodeId>8</nodeId>
  <version>4</version>
  <manufacturer>0x10f</manufacturer>
  <deviceId>0x1001</deviceId>
  <deviceType>0x602</deviceType>
  <listening>true</listening>
  <frequentlyListening>false</frequentlyListening>
  <routing>true</routing> .   >>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  <security>false</security>
  <beaming>true</beaming>
  <maxBaudRate>40000</maxBaudRate>
  <nodeInformationFrame>

Does I see it correct, that routing is on … if yes any ideas, why the plug doesn’t act as repeater?

Peter

Sorry here is the output (partly)

ROUTING_SLAVE BINARY_SWITCH POWER_SWITCH_BINARY 0xfd64fd13 8 4 0x10f 0x1001 0x602 true false true false true 40000

As I said, this does depend on the system - it is mapped to a different location depending on the environment. The docs has a table that explains this.

Yes - as I said earlier, it can’t be turned off, but at least this confirms it.

(you should use code fences to format your posts when posting XML - I’ve updated your first post to fix the formatting).

Sorry - I’m not sure what you mean by this? :confused:

Hi Chris,

cut&paste error could not delete the mesage