Zwave Jar download location?

the leviton dzpd3 is not showing up under inbox either, and it is 5 ft away

nvm, now it has

i asded that node, its there and onlineā€¦now placed 20 ft away, still cant get the other nodes to be found.

For inclusion, it wonā€™t route via another device, it has to be in direct range of the controller.

finally! thanks for your patienceā€¦thanks for all the hard workā€¦

ok, now final question. i have an existing items file, but the items are not listed to link the channel to?

Sorry - I canā€™t help you on that oneā€¦ I would have expected them to be shown, but Iā€™m not using any text files so Iā€™ve not got any experience in this areaā€¦

Maybe someone else might be able to comment.

if nwed be, i can create a new one. how do i create a sitemap and use the items on the new system? i only have 8 items to control right now, all dimmers, so shouldnt be too hard to recreateā€¦

A sitemap is exactly the same as OH1. If you create the items through HABmin (as per getting started link I posted earlier), then in the channels list you can hover the mouse over the item name and it will show a ā€˜copy to clipboardā€™ button so you can easily paste the name into the sitemap.

coolā€¦so no mre items file, only sitemap fileā€¦sure this will get changed eventually tooā€¦

thanks again for your help the other day. ā€¦is there yet a way for oh2 to know the current status of the nodes? when sliders are off, tge light icon still shows on, or is this not yet implimented in habmin2?

Itā€™s the same as with OH1. You can either configure associations, or polling. What device are you having problems with?

all devices work fine, but the light bulb icon stays at full intensity at all times for all channels

Please can you describe the problem, and also the device. Maybe this is just an icon problem - I donā€™t know. For sure though, reporting should work fine - if youā€™ve configured things correctly. Of course, there might be a bug, or there might be a database problem, but for now, I have no information on which to comment furtherā€¦

they are all ge 12724 devices. when the slidervis all the way off, or for that matter, anywhere in between, the icon is full intesity. i know on my oh1 install, the icon dimmed or went completely off

If the slider is working, then itā€™s probably not a problem with ZWave. Iā€™m not using these icons in OH2, so canā€™t comment too much, but in OH1 they used an icon with a number on the end. Does the icon youā€™re using still have this?

Otherwise it might be worth posting a new message on this issue since the description of this thread wonā€™t get too many responses to this question :wink:.

1 Like

the icon is the one that is stock with the dimmer type, so, i dont know

on another noteā€¦the ge devices are priceyā€¦know of any other good, less expensive wall dimmers?

I donā€™t know - in Europe, Fibaro is good (well, I find them good), but I donā€™t know what the price is in the US, or what the GE price is eitherā€¦

Which GUI interface are you seeing this in? My experience has been that the Classic UI doesnā€™t do a good job of updating the icons anymore, but the Basic UI does update mine without problem. Also, the android app in the play store does not update the icons very well anymore either.

The GE switches, aside from being expensive, donā€™t support associations (at least the couple I have). This means that you need a tighter polling interval for the UI to reflect their state if not changed through openHAB.