ZWave network map Controller not connected?

Hello All,

I was wondering what was happening with my things and some of them lost their data so i couldnt configure the devices. Then i look at the network map which got me wondering.
How come this scenario can happen ?

Thanks.

Did you try the heal function of the ZWave Controller? This should reconfigure the Network. It is automatically done at 2AM by default.

I know this Scenario with new connected devices. The next day everything is fine.

I know with OH2 the mao only showed connections after a network heal.

I am not sure, but OH3 also needs a heal I think. At least for binding version 3.0.1
Anyway, a heal may help

Yes i did try that multiple times, i do still have connections to my things but very strangely i have some wierd empty devices. I believe the limit of the number of devices is around 256 ?
And more than half of my devices are mains powered

I also tried to ‘Syncronize Network’ whatever that does.

I have the Zway UZB

I also use the UZB, but only with a good dozen devices. Due to inclusion errors, I also have a few dead devices.

I see two possibilities:

• Wait a night and see if the Auto Heal helps.
  • Check out this thread. It describes a tool you can use to backup and restore from the stick, but also remove dead devices. I have not tried it myself yet. If you try it, please give a short feedback if it worked. Thanks

I believe the map is a UI component. This may be a MainUI issue rather than a binding one.

I agree, the map is a UI problem. I have noticed that the map refreshes overnight.

@Thomas_Roager is it just the map or is your network not working properly? In the second case it can help to remove the dead devices if you can do it with the tool. Otherwise you have to use the Z Way Software, but you will need a extra license.
I read that dead devices can mess up the network.

@Dadman & @Bruce_Osborne .
Thank you for you inputs, the network map seems to be looking okay again.

Although i do have some delays on my network which does anoy me a bit.
I cant really prove it yet, im trying to gather some data if there are further issues with that.

Although one thing that comes to mind is that the exclude devices and remove device from controller doesnt seem to work.
The device keeps existing and when i look in the inbox of things they popup.
I have to use PC Controller from zensys to remove the “failed” devices which is alittle annoying since i have to remove the usb device to my pc and then back to my controller.

Thank you for you inputs, the network map seems to be looking okay again.

That’s great.

Although i do have some delays on my network which does anoy me a bit.
I cant really prove it yet, im trying to gather some data if there are further issues with that.

The problems with delays may be related to polling. Permanently powered devices are polled at regular intervals. If the interval is very short, this can lead to network problems. Once every five minutes is ok. However, I have set an even longer interval and no problems.

Although one thing that comes to mind is that the exclude devices and remove device from controller doesnt seem to work.
The device keeps existing and when i look in the inbox of things they popup.
I have to use PC Controller from zensys to remove the “failed” devices which is alittle annoying since i have to remove the usb device to my pc and then back to my controller.

I also had the problem of not being able to exclude devices. Also with Binding version 3.0.1. For other reasons I switched to a current snapshot of version 3.1 and was surprised when I could exclude a device. If it is important for you, I described here what I did. Otherwise, wait for a later release.

Im using the current snapshot version , sadly with alot og troubles :frowning:

I thought i was smart when i included all my devices with Security key , which could cause a slower connection between nodes ?

I have devices that are in the smathouse database but not usable in my setup for no apparant reason.
Its getting alittle frustrating because now my family is starting to get annoyed by the lights not always working …

Even when running the latest snapshot and updating Daily it still cant exclude the device correctly :frowning:
Is there another z wave Stick that is better ?

Also the device must be included after a factory reset and the inclusion must complete within 15 seconds. I think secure inclusion requires a stronger signal from the controller too.

Hmm okay. Although im having a rough time getting 2 devices to be recognized. And when using the latest snapshot of OH3 and zwave binding i am not able to get the devices to appear.

Now my lights also turns on all by it self when im doing nothing.

I dont know where to start debugging but i might redo my entire z wave network. Its just alot of work when i have so many devices

The binding documentation tells you how to collect DEBUG logs so your system can tell you what is happening :wink:

Thanks i know, but there’s tons of data to collect :stuck_out_tongue:

The log viewer can help make some sense of it.

Thanks @Bruce_Osborne.

1 Like