Zwave: Node initialising: STATIC_VALUES

Hmm. In PaperUI I uninstalled and re-installed the binding, then restarted openhab. Is this sufficient?

I see:
2016-10-12 10:48:21.092 [DEBUG] [inding.zwave.internal.ZWaveActivator] - Z-Wave binding started. Version 2.0.0.201610011937

The reason I ask is both devices are still flagged “Node initialising: STATIC_VALUES” in Habmin (and I don’t see the xml files).

Edit: Ah, is that a timestamp, i.e. 1st of Oct? I guess I didn’t get the latest version if so… :frowning:

There is a problem with the builds at the moment due to an OH1 issue, so the last build is 3 or 4 days ago.

Hmm. I’m obviously reading the jenkins output wrongly then … if I look here:
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/

I see: “Last successful build (#529), 1 hr 26 min ago”

So should my update procedure have worked then (i.e. use paperUI to uninstall/reinstall the binding)?

Thanks (and apologies for all the questions!)

Ah - ok, so maybe it was fixed this morning - it wasn’t working last night…I’m not sure that this will have created a new zwave binding though as that needs to be triggered manually each time I merge something. I’ll take a look…

It looks like everything built ok, so you should be able to update. You are right though - clearly you’re still running a version from 2 weeks ago for some reason…

Oh dear, I’ve done something very dumb. I downloaded the newest version and then accidentally wiped my configuration, which of course I hadn’t backed up. :frowning:

I’m trying to recover, but I’ve done something wrong as I don’t seem to be able to get the items assigned to the things’ channels.

I see:
2016-10-12 15:31:36.745 [DEBUG] [inding.zwave.internal.ZWaveActivator] - Z-Wave binding started. Version 2.0.0.201610120746
so it looks current.

I also see:
2016-10-12 15:20:07.410 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘MYCONF.items’

So it looks like the item configuration is picked up okay.

In this I have my definitions as before (but changed for the new zwave controller thing Id - since I stupidly let it autofill the value):

$ grep node33 conf/items/MYCONF.items
Dimmer FF_BackGarden_Light_Dimmer “Back light [%d %%]” (gExternalLights,gFirstFloor) { channel=“zwave:device:157b8d41438:node33:switch_dimmer” }
Number FF_BackGarden_Light_Power “Back light - current power consumption [%.2f W]” (gPowerSensors,gFirstFloor) { channel=“zwave:device:157b8d41438:node33:meter_watts” }
Number FF_BackGarden_Light_Energy “Back light - total energy use [%.2f KWh]” (gEnergySensors,gFirstFloor) { channel=“zwave:device:157b8d41438:node33:meter_kwh” }

However smarthome:items doesn’t show FF_BackGarden (it only shows groups in fact).

Looking in Habmin I see (for node 33 again):
Node initialising: UPDATE_DATABASE

I can’t see much in the logfile, but from karaf I saw:

Exception in thread “Timer-21” java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:715)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer$IdleTimerTask.run(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:1383)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Exception in thread “Timer-4” java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:715)
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer$IdleTimerTask.run(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:1383)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

I’ll add an update to hopefully fix this shortly - it’s not so easy to test, so I’ll make the change and would appreciate feedback :slight_smile: .

Sure! Let me know when it’s available and I’ll do an uninstall/re-install

It’s available now ;).

2016-10-12 19:31:04.276 [ERROR] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Exception during ZWave thread: Input 2. {}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.advanceNodeStage(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:715)[2
02:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.handleNodeQueue(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:230)[20
2:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.initialization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.ZWaveIncomingEvent(ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer.java:1294
)[202:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.notifyEventListeners(ZWaveController.java:546)[202:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.
0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingRequestMessage(ZWaveController.java:249)[202:org.openhab.binding.zw
ave:2.0.0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.handleIncomingMessage(ZWaveController.java:213)[202:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0
.0.201610120746]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController.access$7(ZWaveController.java:207)[202:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.2016101207
46]
at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.protocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveInputThread.run(ZWaveController.java:1303)[202:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.0.0.201610120746]
2016-10-12 19:31:04.368 [DEBUG] [alization.ZWaveNodeInitStageAdvancer] - NODE 33: Stage PING. Initialisation retry timer triggered. Increased to 20000

Ah sorry! It looks like it didn’t update correctly:
2016-10-12 19:30:43.008 [DEBUG] [inding.zwave.internal.ZWaveActivator] - Z-Wave binding started. Version 2.0.0.201610120746

I’ll try again.

Yes - the binding is still the old one… Also, when posting logs, please format using the </> button so they are more readable.

Hmm. I tried again and it just seems to get the same binding version each time. It SHOULD update when I uninstall/re-install via habmin, shouldn’t it?

Yes, it should. It looks like everything has built - both the bundles and the distribution, so I’m not sure why it’s not updating.

I also do have some update problems at the moment (see my thread). Don’t know if this is a general problem atm.

At least I could update the binding through the karaf console with bundle:update xxx. Maybe you can try this?

Sorry - what thread do you refer to?

What problem do you mean? The issue here is specific to the FGD212 as it seems the device has a bug.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I mean the problem of the binding probably not being updated (automatically). It wasn’t about the problem of the device.

This one: Do I get the latest update with apt-get? Helping eyes needed!

Sorry - I hadn’t seen that thread.

I see elsewhere that people have been able to update to the latest version compiled tonight - I’m not sure how the apt build is built and distributed - it may only be nightly (??). If so, given that builds have been broken for the past few days, it may not update until tonight.

Even after:
bundle:update 204

I still see:
204 | Active | 80 | 2.0.0.201610120746 | Wave Binding

I’m not quite sure what else to try! Well, I guess I should try to manually download the binding next, but I’m trying to do this at the same time as cooking dinner, which is making everything take a while.

Not sure but @shorty707 seemed to be able to update to the version this evening…