Zwave: Node initialising: STATIC_VALUES

@chris

ok also after restarting OH the Aeon stays as “Firmware 0.0” in Habmin and “STATIC_VALUES”

Can you provide a debug log please…

I sent you a lenghty log after bundle:restart … should have the full initialisation (i hope)

it’s Node 20

cheers

Your device is failing to respond when requesting which alarms it supports.

There is a database fix for this, but it might be worth you upgrading to a more recent firmware since we don’t seem to have this issue with later firmware so I’m assuming that this is a bug that was fixed by Aeon.

Firmware Change Logs:

V1.06:

1. Battery report may report 0% incorrectly
  2. While sensor is under extreme lighting over 30000 Lux, the report may show as 0.

V1.07:

1. Lux and UV accuracy/sensitivity improved
  2. Accuracy of Temperature and Humidity sensor accuracy improved while used on USB power
  3. Added Configuration settings and changes

Your device is version 1.6.

I thought about that. But the AEON help says device needs to be excluded and reincluded for that from the network. That stopped me :-/ … Just wanted to avoid that.

I am on the most recent zwave binding version. What do you mean there is a database fix? Already should be in the binding?

cheers

No - we’d need to update the database to work around this. I’ll add it to the database (once I remember the option :wink: ).

:joy:

ok … mhhh NOGET ? ADD ? :wink: thats where it stops for me :wink:

NOGETSUPPORTED this time…

so I can wait for the firmware update until its supported via your binding :wink: :wink:

Well, I think that no matter where a firmware update is done, you will always need to re-include the device since it will do a complete reinitialisation of the device.

However, I was interested in adding the firmware command class into OH. I spoke to both Aeon and Fibaro and both said they would not release the firmware. Aeon would - but only under an NDA and it would then need to be compiled into the binding (which is unworkable) and Fibaro said “at this time they will only support it through their home center”…

One day though ;)…

@shorty707 - did this solve your problem? (I’m going to guess it didnt’?).

well I can remember after upgrading the binding with the modified database entry
there was still a “exceeded retries at STATIC_VALUE” in the log…

so I would say NO … and also NO Xml was generated since that…

however in habmin it does not show “device initalisation: static value” …
the firmware version now is shown correct :wink:

Thanks - I’ve ben testing here with my device and also found it’s still not working. I’ll have a better look at this - it seems there isn’t actually an option for database…

What’s interesting is that it actually works fine with the latest codebase (ie the development binding) - I’m not sure why yet :confused:

push to prod release ? :wink:

It probably won’t be pushed for a little while, but let’s see. It’s quite a large change, and I don’t want to drop it in right before a possible OH2 release version ;). I’ll likely try and make a test version available somehow.

However, after writing that it worked in the new code, I then found that it didn’t respond to the command if it’s securely included, so it probably needs a bit more investigation…