ZWave "NODE_NAMING" errors

I’m seeing a lot of errors like this in my logs for all of my ZWave devices:

2016-02-15 20:10:15.127 [ERROR] [.c.ZWaveNodeNamingCommandClass] - NODE 5 : Node Name report error in message length
2016-02-15 20:10:15.132 [INFO ] [.c.ZWaveNodeNamingCommandClass] - NODE 5: Node name: null
2016-02-15 20:10:15.136 [WARN ] [.b.z.i.c.ZWaveConverterHandler] - No converter found for command class = NODE_NAMING, ignoring event.

The device in question is a Leviton DZS15-1LZ switch, but I also see it from my GE/Jasco switches as well (all of my ZWave devices are light switches so far). The config for the switches is pretty simple:

Switch kitchen_lights_and_fan "Kitchen Lights & Fan" <switch> {zwave="5:respond_to_basic=true"}

Is this just something I need to ignore for now, or are there some changes that I need to make to my config?

Jeff

Did you ever resolve this issue? I’m looking through my logs today as well and see all of these same warnings and errors.

I see this on both my Leviton Switch and Dimmer Switches.

This is a bug in the node naming command class in OH1 - I’ll try and update it this weekend as it’s fixed already in OH2.

1 Like

Hi, just curious if this has been fixed by any chance? I just did a refresh today with 1.8.2 and get these same errors also with Leviton switches and dimmers.

Running Jessie on a RPi2.

Btw, thanks Chris for all your work on this.

I don’t think it was fixed on 1.8.2 at least since that was released a few months ago…

1.8.3 just dropped but it does not appear as if the fix was included.