I have a raspberry Pi with the “razberry” on-board zwave controller.
I’m using openHAB 2.1.0 Build #934
I have included the node fine. It reports in the thing list.
I have linked items to all of the channels through the PaperUI interface.
I am looking at the values in the “Control” section of the PaperUI, and I just see a long list of NaN values.
I have done no further configuration on the node other than link all the channels to items. I did that manually, I don’t have “simple mode” turned on.
However nothing reports any values. I’m stuck on where to look to try and diagnose this.
I have the two temperature modules turned on and sat next to the dongle. The dongle light blinks periodically to indicate that it has received data from the temperature modules, but I get no values coming out.
Can someone experienced take a look and suggest what might be wrong? I can’t see any indications in the log file of the zwave binding receiving anything from the node. The only thing I see is a message
NODE 3: Polling deferred until initialisation complete
(I believe that it’s “Node 3”:
NODE 3: Device discovery resolved to thingType zwave:qubino_zmnhzd_00_000
In the “openhab.log” file that’s also in the gist, you can see an NPE from an attempt to update the node config properties. I don’t know whether that’s relevant:
2017-06-04 06:35:36.254 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while calling thing updated at ThingHandler 'org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@eebc47': java.lang.NullPointerException
I think you should first solve the issues with your home.sitemap:
2017-06-02 16:35:32.339 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'home.sitemap' is either empty or cannot be parsed correctly!
2017-06-02 16:35:32.341 [ERROR] [.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver] - Error handling update of file '/etc/openhab2/sitemaps/home.sitemap': null.
Yes, separate issue that I’ve also been having problems with, subject of separate post. I don’t want to confuse this post with that issue (not that I’ve really resolved what the NPE was all about, but I can get a sitemap to work now which I couldn’t before)
It doesn’t look like the device has completed initialisation. Is it a battery unit (I guess so?). If so, wake it up a couple more times so that it can complete initialisation - hopefully once configured it will send out all the data…
There is a battery unit that hasn’t complete installation, but that’s a different node (node 2). I need to work some more on that device to finish its installation, I’ll try waking it up a few times.
The node that I’m interested in here is node 3, and that’s a USB powered device, not battery. Not sure how to wake that up. There’s nothing in the instructions that suggests I can make it send an information frame manually for example. I’ll try pressing the button a few times for different lengths and see what happens!
I think I’ve solved this now.
I moved all of the sensors within range and it all sprang to life.
So with only two of the four sensors in range it seemed to show no values at all, not even from the ones in range.
I made sure all sensors had batteries and were in range and it started producing values.
So very odd. It looks like it wouldn’t complete initialisation until the dongle had received data from all of the sensors of something.
Anyway, I think it’s all working now. Just need to find places to put the sensors so that they are in range of the receiver (since obviously my original placements weren’t).