Zwave not working with openHAB 2.5.0~S1566-1 (Build #1566)

I installed build 1566 and got following problem:

All Zwave offline (no device handler)

Aeotec Stick offline to. Doing softreset of usb stick brings him online again, but all Zwave devices are offline and don’t come up.

Restart openhab brings both offline again, restart Ubuntu 18.04 Server the same.

Went back to earlier build and all works fine.

Anybody else same problems, maybe with same stick?

I don’t think that is zwave related, tested this build on my testsystem three days ago, did work okay so far:

I tried different times, with correct port chosen :confused: will be on vacation shortly and no chance to test again before, I went back to 1551 build, runs stable at me

Tested via vpn again, log shows errors for zwave:

019-04-09 23:07:35.392 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.initialize()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler@68e051b0’: null
2019-04-09 23:07:35.414 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing ‘zwave:serial_zstick:smartholhome’: null

Errors for jdbc:

2019-04-09 23:18:08.804 [ERROR] [ence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while querying persistence service ‘jdbc’: null
2019-04-09 23:18:09.168 [ERROR] [org.knowm.yank.Yank ] - Error in SQL query!!!
2019-04-09 23:18:09.170 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘QueryablePersistenceService.query()’ on ‘org.openhab.core.persistence.internal.QueryablePersistenceServiceDelegate@1adf62aa’: null

Zwave don’t came up, see screenshots from paperui

Downgraded to 1562… every thing is working

@JensH I’m having similar trouble on 1566. Can you share the steps of terminal commands you used to downgrade to 1562?

1 Like

sudo apt-get install openhab2=2.5.0~S1562-1 openhab2-addons=2.5.0~S1562-1

1 Like

@JensH, Thanks. I forgot the addons part. Zwave discovery is working again.

Wichtig ist, dass bald ein Build wieder läuft. Lange kann man auf das 62 nicht mehr zurück

@JensH have you noticed a memory leak/system becoming unresponsive with 1562? My system needs to be rebooted after several hours and then functionality restores. Have you tried another build?

With newer builds I had to add the complete Zwave as new, but no chance to change any device because invisible „old“ Zwave notes from earlier build are in the database and no way to delete it.

The issue is on github, don’t know if it’s solved yet. I m on vacation and not the time to test it;)