"ZWave Plus USB Dongle" in my Inbox since Build 1358

Hi @chris!

Wow, I’m so sorry to see that the USB controller discovery feature is causing so many troubles :cry: At first I thought that the feature will really help new users (and I hope that it is helping), but it’s being a pain in the ass for already working networks.

@Mark_Webster the appearance of a new device in the inbox should not affect the already working Z-Wave devices, this cannot be the root of the problem.

The problem that we are facing here is the following one: as the Z-Wave USB controller doesn’t provide a unique identifier to the OS, the binding “sees” a new device even if the Thing is already configured. In any case, the solution should be pretty easy and shouldn’t cause any trouble: just ignore it.

Anyway, for the new upcoming openHAB 2.4 release, we should recommend deleting all Z-Wave things: the nodes and the controller. It should only take 5 minutes to import all things again and link the already created items. It’s not the best solution, but it should solve all problems forever.

Best regards,

Aitor

That is what I already wrote in the 2.4 M4 release updates -:

Major changes have been merged to support features such as security. All things must be deleted and re-added. Refer to ZWave binding updates for further information.