[ZWAVE] questions about security/replay attack/command sequence number

I run into a strange problem with one of my binary output devices.

If I send commands in a very short time frame it looks like the sequence is wrong at the z-wave destination device or doubel receiving of commands.

I send:
ON
sleep 500
OFF
sleep 700
ON
sleep 2000
OFF

But the status fo the device does not refect this. Sometimes the device stays on ON status at the end.

Only idea which I have is, that commands received more times at the device due to different intermediate relay devices or commands are mixed in sequence.

Is there anything implemented in the z-wave protocol for the destination device to detect:

• replay attacks
  • wrong sequence off received commands?

Have you tried disabling the Command Repoll for that device? That may be causing some/all of the unexpected state updates.

Yes, it is disabled.

If I put the device near to the controller the effect does not happen. Only if the device communictation is over other main powered devices as a relay station it appears. Not 100% sure.

Maybe try capturing a debug log in both scenarios: one with the device close to the controller, and another with the device in the location where the problem is occurring. That will show what the binding is sending/receiving.