Zwave status is updated, but controlling device is not possible

Hey everyone,

I just updated to OpenHab 2.5.4. As per the documentation I removed all my Z-Wave Things and re-added them. Now, I can no longer control my “ZMNHDD Flush Dimmer Plus” through OpenHab. However, when turning on or off the light with the physical switch on the wall, I do get an update in OpenHab. (Through all UIs and even the HomeKit integration.) But switching from OpenHab is not possible.

I could not find anyone with this problem (usually its the other way around.) I hope this isn’t a duplicate question.

Any help would be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Please show your items definition. And please provide a debug log.

Thanks for replying. It is really just one item, a dimmer switch. Its configured in a *.items file for the HomeKit integration:

Dimmer dimmer_wozi "Dimmer WoZi Decke" {homekit="Lighting, Lighting.Brightness" [dimmerMode="normal"], channel="zwave:device:a94d59a1:node3:switch_dimmer"}

I did try creating a second item with the same link via the PaperUI, but no luck.

zwavelog.txt (172.4 KB)

What I did:

1. Set the log du DEBUG
  2. Set brightness from 0 to 100 in PaperUI
  3. Set brightness form 100 to 0 in PaperUI
  4. Turn on the light with the wall switch
  5. Turn of the light with the wall switch

The log is supposed to be filtered to org.openhab.binding.zwave

edit: The dimmer in question is NODE 3

I did not realise OpenHab 3 was released yet. I just updated to 3.0.0 and controlling my dimmer is working again. Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

2 Likes