zWave USB Stick

As a part of my quest for the perfect network thermostat, I am exploring zWave as the bridge to my network. The USB stick can be paired per the video:

It can be connected to a Unix box:

I am interested in connecting the zWave USB stick to an Asus RT-AC68U router:

fROUTER:/tmp/home/root# uname -a
Linux ROUTER 2.6.36.4brcmarm #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 23:26:07 EDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

It is unclear to me what capabilities are required for the hosting device (in this case the router). The manufacturer indicated that:

Gen5 should automatically be detected as a ttyACM device using the native drivers from Linux.

If this is correct should I expect to OH to be able to access Zwave devices through the USB stick? Thank you

No, routers usually use a stripped down version of linux, so there is little chance the correct drivers (kernel module) exists.

And, how would OpenHAB connect with the device? Only if OpenHAB itself would run on the router.
Network devices that share USB devices do exist, so you get USB over IP.But it’s quite pricy and you will still need to run OpenHAB somewhere.

As it is a serial port you may have some luck sharing the serial port over the network.
You would run than something like a comm port sharing utility (e.g. socat) on both sides.
That way you can put the zwave stick in a router at a convenient location and the server in another.