2.3.0 - wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest

So: it seems that there was a hiccup with the wifiled binding that was included in the 2.3 Stable build.

No worries, it will be addressed by the developers and it will be fixed.

1 Like

I checked on a clean OH2.3 system and the instance does come up, so this is a better workaround (uninstall the binding from the console).

downloaded the org.openhab.binding.wifiled-2.3.0.jar on my system and saw that it is corrupted (I can’t even open it up as an archive)

Someone should fix it on mvn :slight_smile:

Uninstall via console did not work for me, but deleting the wifiled binding from the addons.cfg did the trick - thanks !

1 Like

I also had this issue and uninstalled the binding. Everything is fine now.

But I want to use this binding offcourse :slight_smile:
Will 2.3.0 get a fix or do we need to wait for openHAB 2.4.0 (or install the 2.4.0 jar manually)

yes, it will. no ETA on it though.
For now, you can grab the 2.4 snapshot jar and deploy it manually. it should be the same.

Update: The maintainers have published now a working org.openhab.binding.wifiled-2.3.0.jar on the online repo.

Perform the following steps to get the new *.jar downloaded to your system:

1. Stop OH2.3 Service (sudo systemctl stop openhab2)
  2. Clear local tmp & cache folders from $OPENHAB_USERDATA. See: Clear the Cache
    On Linux:
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/cache/*
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/*

be very careful with rm -rf ! Make sure that you type the command exactly as above.

On Windows: Simply remove all files within the C:\openHAB2\userdata\tmp and C:\openHAB2\userdata\cache directories without removing these 2 folders themselves.

1. Start OH2.3 Service (sudo systemctl start openhab2)

The system should download the *.jar again and store it in $OPENHAB_USERDATA/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/ folder.

Now the wifiled 2.3.0 binding will appear as installed in PaperUI and you will be able to un/install other addons as well via PaperUI.

1 Like

Thanks so much that worked. Was the problem just a faulty binding that messed up the entire system then?

I can confirm, it works!

1 Like