3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Good, there might be some issues with Eclipse MarketPlace plugin.

Ok, the issue popped up again. I’m getting the connection lost in my habpannel which is weird as so far I am not using any of the bluetooth items in there. I’ve attached my log file, just rename it back to .log.

Let me know if you need anything else.
logfile.pdf (791.4 KB)

Hi @Pim_Verschueren, thanks for that. I can’t see anything wrong there apart from numerous errors from the “hue” bridge.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://192.168.1.182/api
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1890) [?:?]
	at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1492) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue.internal.HttpClient.doNetwork(HttpClient.java:70) [285:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.hue:0.10.0.201801152239]

Could you please have a look how your CPU is loaded? Just use “top” utility to see some statistics:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ top

Ok, I’ve cleared my cache and tmp folder so that seems to have solved the issue…I will let you know if it pops up again.

Ok, it’s out again. I am gonna look some further into this as this is driving me mad.

My Mikettle is heating up [71, 20, 83, 00, 92, dd, 9f, 80, be, 7c, 08, 09, 05, 10, 02, 00, 1b] but nothing comes through on the temperature field.

I’m gonna uninstall the binding with pain in my heart as I liked it a lot, but it keeps crashing my habpanel which I need. Perhaps it’s in combination with something else running at the same time but that’s almost impossible to figure out.

FYI, I’ve uninstalled only the bluetooth binding and everything is working again.

Sorry to hear that… You could try to install the previous version and see if it makes any difference to you:

Uninstall the current versions first and the just drop those files into /usr/share/openhab2/addons

Cheer Vlad, I’ve tried this but no luck.

Hey @Pim_Verschueren, there might be some error logs here as well: /var/lib/openhab2. I’ve got several log files there, e.g.: hs_err_pid11349.log.

Ok, I’ve attached the most recent one…hs_err_pid3011.pdf (221.2 KB)

@Pim_Verschueren, do you know when was that file created? Can you please check the file attributes?

I can see some abnormal activities related to “Mi IO” binding (lots of threads). Have you installed it recently or something?

0x00007f03cc145800 JavaThread "Mi IO MessageSenderThread" daemon [_thread_blocked, id=3720, stack(0x00007f0346f98000,0x00007f0347099000)]

The file is from 6am this morning, I have only installed the Icloud binding so will take that out and see what gives…I have no idea what this Mi IO binding is.

Well if you don’t use that “MI IO” binding, I recommend to uninstall it, because it pollutes your OH with threads…

I figured out what it was at the same time you posted this. I actually do need this binding as I use it for all my xiaomi appliances. I will see if I can open an issue for these threads.

If it matters, the error log you have attached might not be related to “MI IO” binding. There was a crash that was caused by a native lib (not related to BT binding).

I had a few crashes today, I think my wifi adapter is acting up. Contemplating really hard to move my openhab instance to a raspberry pi as I am now running it on a ubuntu 16.04 on a HP desktop and it has been causing me loads of issues.

You also may try to disable DEBUG log level for the binding as it is very chatty:

log:set INFO org.sputnikdev.bluetooth.manager.transport.tinyb
log:set INFO org.sputnikdev.bluetooth.manager.impl
1 Like

Hey @Pim_Verschueren, looks like I’ve caught your issue. I’ve created a ticket for this: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/issues/5232

I’m not sure what causes this behaviour, e.g. whether it is a PaperUI, REST API or the binding bug… Let’s see what people think.

A temporary fix for the issue is to “unlink” all unused channels, e.g. “Last Updated” channel etc… This will make PaperUI to refresh the page (data on the page) less frequent.

I still got the previous version on my different openhab instance and I can see the temperature fine for the Mikettle. What is the frame counter?

Good. Could you please take a screen of your kettle?

Re frame counter, I’ve decompiled their app and fully understood the protocol they use (and all the wording) for advertised data. So this one is just a “message number”. It can be potentially used to determine if a message got lost. But for this sort of devices we use it does not really matter. Apart from that channel, there are some other, e.g.: Protocol version, MAC address and some other suff I don’t really understand what that is (like “Capability” flag).

Here’s the screenshot for my MiKettle