3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

bluetooth
binding
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd30c6637d0> #<Tag:0x00007fd30c663690>

(Markus S.) #503

Hi Frederik.
That sounds nice.
Problem, i don’t work with mqtt. How can i send the Value to the master Server.
And whats your refresh rate in the binding?
Thanks,
Markus

(Vlad Kolotov) #504

Hello everyone. A new release has been cut.

In the release:

• Implemented authentication procedure
    • New configuration section in the device settings (Authentication)
    • Authentication via pin code
    • Automatic authentication via GATT specs
  • Some significant improvements for BluGiga transport
    • Performance improvements
    • Fixing memory leaks
  • General stability improvements
  • Added support for Minew Keyfinder - a new bluetooth tracker with button that can detect:
    • Single click
    • Double click
    • Triple click
    • Long click
    • Long click + single click

Current versions:

• Binding: 1.1.5
  • BlueGiga transport: 1.2.2
  • TinyB transport: 1.1.2

(Ben) #505

First of all really thanks for that awesome piece of code. I have got an issue with my g-tag connected to the binding. Everytime my g-tag is online near the rapberry pi it ia renewing the connection from time to time so that the g-tag is disconnected and in the next second connected. That means that I am not at home just for a second :laughing:
Whrn the g-tag is disconnected and out of range then nothing changes in the system. How could I manage that behavior. Sure I could put a timer inside the rule and use a virtuell item to change the presence, but maybe anyone has a smarter solution to that problem.
Ps: I am using a small usb bluetooth dongle on a raspberry pi 3

(Vlad Kolotov) #506

Hi @oeo, do you enable “Connection control” for your g-tag? It is not necessary to enable the connection control if you want to use just presence detection. Furthermore, if that g-tag thing uses an authentication mechanism, the binding does not know about it, so that’s why presumably it connects/disconnects periodically.

(Ben) #507

Thanks for your fast answer. I didnt enable the connection control, but it is possible that the g-tag needs some authentification. But how do you think could I solve the authentification thing. The g-tag connects as it should an stays connected for a long time.

(Vlad Kolotov) #508

@oeo If you say “connects” this means that you have enabled “Connection control”.

(Ben) #509

I just used the channel “online” but didnt activate anything else. I will check the settings later again to give more detailed infos about my settings.

(Ben) #510

@vkolotov Checked my settings again. Connection Control is disabled and authentification is auto. As far as I could find information about the g-tag, this thing doesnt need any authentification settings. So I think auto shouldnt be too false. Would channels would you recommend using such a BLE G-Tag beacon? Is anyone using the g-tag with the binding and could say if there are some “special” settings neccesary?

(Vlad Kolotov) #511

Hi @oeo, could you please clarify what’s exactly happening? If you put your g-tag net to your rpi, does it go online/offline or it stays online always? So I just need to know if there is something wrong with the binding OR the signal from your g-tag is too weak so that the binding keeps loosing/finding it.

Also could you please check what do you have here (Online timeout)?

Make sure it is not less than 25.

(Ben) #513

Hi @vkolotov, If I put my g-tag near the rpi, it goes online. The g-tag lies 3m near the rpi on the table. After a while suddenly the g-tag goes ofline and immediatelly online again.

2018-05-18 21:28:08.319 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Presence changed from ON to OFF

2018-05-18 21:28:08.621 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Presence changed from OFF to ON

This procedure is repeated in different time intervals and it`s not happening if the g-tag is outside the range of the rpi. Then it’s offline and stays offline all the time.
My settings on the item presence is:

The signal strengh of my g-tag is strong enough, beacuse it is positioned around 3m away from the rpi. I tested the range of the g-tag in my home and its going offline at a range of maybe 15-17m.

(Vlad Kolotov) #514

@oeo, let me guess, you are using TinyB transport? If so, unfortunately TinyB/Bluez sometimes “loses” de vices (objects become stale). I suggest you to increase the Online timeout, just do it with trial and error approach incrementing it by 5s.

(Vlad Kolotov) #515

Just so everyone know, BueGiga transport is much more stable now, it keeps devices online even if you set the timeout to 15s.

(Thomas Bail) #516

Ist this new? The Xiaomi Flower Sensores are offering now batterylevel and firmware version?

(Ben) #517

I updated my bluez and now I am getting that error:

2018-05-20 13:44:19.451 [WARN ] [th.manager.impl.BluetoothManagerImpl] - Device discovery job error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error getting object manager client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.75" (uid=109 pid=510 comm="/usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.3" (uid=0 pid=346 comm="/usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd ")

Any tips of what I did wrong? Followed the instrctions from the link in this thread updating bluez to 5.47.

(Vlad Kolotov) #518

Hi @oeo, did you follow this guide?

It seems to me you are having permission issue. Your “openhab” user does not have access to your Bluez. What do you have here /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf?

(Ben) #519

Yes right hint :grinning:. Corrected the permissions, so that it’s working again. Thanks.

(Vlad Kolotov) #520

Let us know how your trial and error process going and what number you’ve come up with. Cheers.

(orzech) #521

Hi,

Does anybody have NUT mini and shows proper battery value? With one I have constans and second one shows nothing.

(Vlad Kolotov) #522

Hi @orzechszek, the binding does not support retrieving battery level from NUT. NUT devices are protected by a proprietary authentication protocol, you have to be authenticated in order to fetch data (or listen to button events) from NUTs.

(orzech) #523

Bad news :/…