3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Hi Frederik.
That sounds nice.
Problem, i don’t work with mqtt. How can i send the Value to the master Server.
And whats your refresh rate in the binding?
Thanks,
Markus

Hello everyone. A new release has been cut.

In the release:

• Implemented authentication procedure
    • New configuration section in the device settings (Authentication)
    • Authentication via pin code
    • Automatic authentication via GATT specs
  • Some significant improvements for BluGiga transport
    • Performance improvements
    • Fixing memory leaks
  • General stability improvements
  • Added support for Minew Keyfinder - a new bluetooth tracker with button that can detect:
    • Single click
    • Double click
    • Triple click
    • Long click
    • Long click + single click

Current versions:

• Binding: 1.1.5
  • BlueGiga transport: 1.2.2
  • TinyB transport: 1.1.2
3 Likes

First of all really thanks for that awesome piece of code. I have got an issue with my g-tag connected to the binding. Everytime my g-tag is online near the rapberry pi it ia renewing the connection from time to time so that the g-tag is disconnected and in the next second connected. That means that I am not at home just for a second :laughing:
Whrn the g-tag is disconnected and out of range then nothing changes in the system. How could I manage that behavior. Sure I could put a timer inside the rule and use a virtuell item to change the presence, but maybe anyone has a smarter solution to that problem.
Ps: I am using a small usb bluetooth dongle on a raspberry pi 3

Hi @oeo, do you enable “Connection control” for your g-tag? It is not necessary to enable the connection control if you want to use just presence detection. Furthermore, if that g-tag thing uses an authentication mechanism, the binding does not know about it, so that’s why presumably it connects/disconnects periodically.

1 Like

Thanks for your fast answer. I didnt enable the connection control, but it is possible that the g-tag needs some authentification. But how do you think could I solve the authentification thing. The g-tag connects as it should an stays connected for a long time.

@oeo If you say “connects” this means that you have enabled “Connection control”.

I just used the channel “online” but didnt activate anything else. I will check the settings later again to give more detailed infos about my settings.

@vkolotov Checked my settings again. Connection Control is disabled and authentification is auto. As far as I could find information about the g-tag, this thing doesnt need any authentification settings. So I think auto shouldnt be too false. Would channels would you recommend using such a BLE G-Tag beacon? Is anyone using the g-tag with the binding and could say if there are some “special” settings neccesary?

Hi @oeo, could you please clarify what’s exactly happening? If you put your g-tag net to your rpi, does it go online/offline or it stays online always? So I just need to know if there is something wrong with the binding OR the signal from your g-tag is too weak so that the binding keeps loosing/finding it.

Also could you please check what do you have here (Online timeout)?

Make sure it is not less than 25.

Hi @vkolotov, If I put my g-tag near the rpi, it goes online. The g-tag lies 3m near the rpi on the table. After a while suddenly the g-tag goes ofline and immediatelly online again.

2018-05-18 21:28:08.319 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Presence changed from ON to OFF

2018-05-18 21:28:08.621 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Presence changed from OFF to ON

This procedure is repeated in different time intervals and it`s not happening if the g-tag is outside the range of the rpi. Then it’s offline and stays offline all the time.
My settings on the item presence is:

The signal strengh of my g-tag is strong enough, beacuse it is positioned around 3m away from the rpi. I tested the range of the g-tag in my home and its going offline at a range of maybe 15-17m.

@oeo, let me guess, you are using TinyB transport? If so, unfortunately TinyB/Bluez sometimes “loses” de vices (objects become stale). I suggest you to increase the Online timeout, just do it with trial and error approach incrementing it by 5s.

Just so everyone know, BueGiga transport is much more stable now, it keeps devices online even if you set the timeout to 15s.

Ist this new? The Xiaomi Flower Sensores are offering now batterylevel and firmware version?

I updated my bluez and now I am getting that error:

2018-05-20 13:44:19.451 [WARN ] [th.manager.impl.BluetoothManagerImpl] - Device discovery job error

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error getting object manager client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.75" (uid=109 pid=510 comm="/usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.3" (uid=0 pid=346 comm="/usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd ")

Any tips of what I did wrong? Followed the instrctions from the link in this thread updating bluez to 5.47.

Hi @oeo, did you follow this guide?

It seems to me you are having permission issue. Your “openhab” user does not have access to your Bluez. What do you have here /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf?

1 Like

Yes right hint :grinning:. Corrected the permissions, so that it’s working again. Thanks.

Let us know how your trial and error process going and what number you’ve come up with. Cheers.

Hi,

Does anybody have NUT mini and shows proper battery value? With one I have constans and second one shows nothing.

Hi @orzechszek, the binding does not support retrieving battery level from NUT. NUT devices are protected by a proprietary authentication protocol, you have to be authenticated in order to fetch data (or listen to button events) from NUTs.

Bad news :/…