3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Has someone tested the new milestone M5 with it. Problems solved?
Greetings,
Markus

I just tested 2.5 M5 Milestone but unfortunately the problems are still the same as in 2.5 M4 Milestone (The channels for location and last-updated do not work anymore (remain with initial values).

@vkolotov: Could you please have a look at these issues? Thank you!

Hi vossivossi,
Are you thinking about an alternative solution? Without help of vkolotov, it seems that we cannot update to an higher milestone or the next stable version. But i need the rssi values for room positioning and the values for mi flora.
Greetings, Markus

The situation is not ideal, but the binding basically is still operational even with 2.5 M5, only some channels seem to be affected. The Last-Update-Channel can easily be replaced with a rule, so this is not a problem. For location things are a little more complicated, but this could also be resolved ( at least with my “server architecture”).
My own server architecture is a bit special. I separated my main OH instance from the 3rd party bluetooth binding with 2.5M2 as I had a lot of instability when the binding was running together with the rest of my other bindings and addons. So I installed Openhabian on some Raspis (total of 5 at the moment). Each Raspi is running OH with the 3rd party bluetooth binding and one Bluegiga Bluetooth Dongle. They are located at 5 different locations in my property. The sensor values received by these OH instances are forwarded to the main OH instance via MQTT. This setup has proven to be very stable for many months now.
Now as every one of these Raspis knows its own location it can poulate the location info as an MQTT item and forward it to the main OH instance via a rule. So even if only RSSI is still operational the solution would be as follows:

1. RSSI for a BTLE sensor/beacon is updated on Raspi (e.g. the Raspi in the kitchen)
  2. A rule triggered by the RSSI update forwards the RSSI item info via MQTT to the main OH instance
  3. A rule triggered by the RSSI update will fill the actual timestamp to a Last-Update item and forward this to the main OH instance via MQTT
  4. A rule triggered by the RSSI update will fill the fixed location of this Raspi (here “KITCHEN”) to a location items and forward this to the main OH instance via MQTT

Result: Everything on your main OH instance looks as before :wink: The steps 1 and 2 are my actual setup at the moment, while 3 and 4 would be easy to implement.

The only alternative to the 3rd party bluetooth binding would be the official bluetooth binding. I gave it another try yesterday (as I also was thinking about alternatives) but the result was as frustrating as many months ago. It is simply NOT operational. I tried with a Raspi and on Windows. The binding will install and fill your inbox with bluetooth devices discovered. But if you have a thing with channels associated to it it won’t update these channels or only once (which is not operational for RSSI). So it is of absolutely no use and that since a long time already. In fact it is even more abandoned than the 3rd party binding by @vkolotov .

As this is my experience I will try to run the 3rd party binding by @vkolotov as long as possible. As my “helper” Raspis with OH for the Bluegiga dongles are independant of my main OH instance I also see no problem in remaining on 2.5M3 with them (where the binding is still fully functional). They are doing a fine job as “BTLE to MQTT gateways”. So I can upgrade my main OH instance to whatever release level I like (as long as it supports MQTT).

Wow.
I use the same ones too. However i have only 3 pi’s and a main server in which also a Bluetooth dongle is installed. For transmission mqtt binding 1.0.
I noticed that under M5 the RSSI values are updated much more frequently and faster. In addition, the channel is missing online/offline. I bypassed this with a rule that sets the device offline when the RSSI values are no longer updated.
However, my main problems so gar have been determining the rooms, since i have often received the same values or very close values from two servers. How did you realize that? I would be very interested in your implementation. Perhaps for the new situation with M5 too.
Greetings,
Markus

Hi,
Can anyone share, how often change battery in NUT 2 mini ?

Thanks!
I have made all as in manual. Please tell, how have to install it to make ist stay after cache clear?

As far as I understand this is not possible with market place bindings. I also raised this question some time ago and I was answered that this is expected behaviour. So you need to reinstall it manually.

@vkolotov
RU: Добрый день! Могу помочь с интеграцией техники Redmond , у меня уже получилось взаимодействовать с чайником G200S и мультиваркой M800S.
EN: Hello! I can help with the integration of technology, Redmond, you already got the opportunity to talk with the G200S kettle and the M800S multicooker.

It’s just me or after updating to 2.5 M6 this binding doesn’t work anymore?
I followed the readme instructions after updating to M6 but the binding doesn’t appear in the bindings configuration page (even if is shown as “installed” in the available binding list)

It doesn’t work since M4 correctly. See above.
Greetings

It’s a pity, more and more are moving to 2.5M6 but the binding so not work there. We will be waiting till it will be corrected to use with new oh versions.
Thanks a lot!

Could it be that the binding creator vlad still doesn’t work anymore at this binding? Last communication was on may this year i think.
Thank you for the great work and hope it will work in the future again.
Greetings,
Markus

Unfortunately this is also my perception. It is a great binding and the only workable bluetooth solution for OH.
As far as I understand the necessary changes to the binding in order to comply again the new OH core are not huge. But as I am not a Java developer I cannot help. Is there anybody else out there who could help?

I read the installation guide, how can I do for use with a internal Bluetooth of the raspberry pi 3B+?
Can I install only the Bluetooth binding or other package?
Thanks.

I used this binding in the early phase about 6 month ago and it is a great development. Now I tried to install it again on Win10 with Bluetooth Giga adapter on 2.5R1. Installation runs, but binding is not visible in the installed binding list and inbox add menu as well.

Use 2.5 M3.
Greetings.

@vkolotov is this project yet alive?I used this binding with Rpi3 with openhab 2.4 to check the temp and status of my Mi Kettle.When i update to 2.5 reinstalled everything (market bindings gone after update) and all are working as usual but my Mi Kettle thing its shows “offline” .Kettle reports status and temperature fine but the thing its offline at PaperUI.Any fix?

Since @vkolotov seems not responding/supporting this great binding anymore, I started looking for alternatives…

I’ve just discovered:

It’s built with Python and relies on Bluez.

This may not serve all (but many) of our use cases.

Has anybody tried this yet and can share his/her experience with it?

Unfortunately, I can’t try this myself (at now), since I’ve followed Vlad’s recommendation to use BlueGiga dongles. Since the bt-mqtt-gateway currently depends on Bluez, I have to get hold of some supported dongles and/or some SBC with Bluetooth (RaspberryPi :wink: )

FYI: I’ve raised an issue at the above repository asking for BlueGiga/BGAPI support.
Maybe there is a chance to get BGAPI support there as well:

how can i update to the latest version?

i installed version 1.0 via PaperUI like i have found on gitHub