3rd Party Bluetooth Binding. Beta testers needed

Good to hear that you are back!
I think the highest priority would be to make the binding functional again on newer OH Releases (>OH2.5.M3).

Thank you very much for your work.
Anyway, great job!

I read the installation guide, how can I do for use with a internal Bluetooth of the raspberry pi 3B+?
Can I install only the 3rd Bluetooth binding or other package?
Thanks.

I created this issue ticket, for the reported problem. I’m having the issue as well:

Really sucks that I spent an entire day trying to get Bluetooth to work with no success. It shouldnt be that hard. I know this thread is only a workaround for the official binding, but I failed trying to get that to work as well… As well as other things too. Sigh. Btw I have Pi4 on openhab 2.5+.

Thanks for any help!

I think @vkolotov is not able to develop it anymore. Has anyone skills to perform needed updates or merge this project with official binding?

So, there is no tinyB bluetooth binding on OH 2.5.5-1 anymore?
Damn it - I just bought another MiFlora (FlowerCare) :frowning:

Am I right, that accessing the MiFLora with thelinux natove bluetooth and python script does not requirie any bluetooth in OH?
Like here:

I don’t own MiFlora sensors, so can’t test myself, but I think you can use MQTT to communicate with them using the native bluetooth integration + python script in daemon mode, as shown in the post linked by @NCO, and also discussed here:

Thanks - I will then look into it as the alternative bluetooth bindings (which used to work perfectly) are not available anymore :frowning:

Actually i found the latest (but old) jar files from @vkolotov, which seems to work fine. :slight_smile:

Finally I will switch over to the mqtt stuff, but I remember that I struggled in the beginning when using owntrack with mqtt.

1 Like

Great binding, but it seems nobody can bring it back to life…

Damn I just updated to latest OH without looking into this. Now I am screwed, previously everything was working flawlessly. DAMN!!!

Can you please share the old jar that is working with new version of OH?

Hi Ali,

as far as I remember I got it from here:
https://bintray.com/sputnikdev/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.bluetooth

1 Like

Thanks, let me see if I can somehow use it on 2.5 to have my presence working again. Else I’d have to do a manual fresh installation damn.

Good luck :slight_smile:
For me it’s working well with OH 2.5.5

Oh that is great, did you change anything or just put the jar back and that was it? Any help will be appreciated as it will save a lot of time. I had everything working earlier.

If you had it working - it should be ok (I hope :slight_smile:

Seems like I screwed up, after putting the jar the system is not picking up the Binding. Let me try to figure this out. Anyways thanks for your help.

It worked. One of the JAR didn’t work but the other one did work. Seems like everything is back to normal. The rules have started working. Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like