433,95 MHz Remote Controlled Rollershutter

Integration of my 433,95 MHz remote controller rollershutter has always been unstable. The integration has been based on relais soldered to an orriginal remote control and custom rules to extrapolate the positions. Finally I found the time to reverse engineer the protocol using a RTL SDR stick. A first solution was using “sendiq” with rpitx. Then I discovered an unused MinuCUL, so the current solution is: MQTT → Python Container → FHEM → SIGNALduino → MiniCUL on a Raspi.

You can find the sources here: GitHub - 8cH9azbsFifZ/schanz-rolladen-raspi: Remote Control 433MHz Schanz Rolladen with Raspi

Other brands in the 433 MHz range should work the same way :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!

Quick question on this, since you appear to have some experience on that topic: I own a Paul Neuhaus PURE LINES LED ceiling light with a rather simple 433,92 MHz remote (from what I can see no real “intelligence” or pairing happening between the remote and the ceiling light:

• What’s the hardware you’d recommend to send 433 MHz signals in production (once the protocal has been reverse engineered)? I once owned an TRL SDR stick, and while it was very versatile, it produced lots of head and consumed lots of energy? Are there simpler devices you can recommend?
  • How difficult was it to reverse engineer the protocol? I’m trying to get an impression on whether this id do-able for me or not. Any tutorials online that you used?

Thanks in advance!

In my experience the instable approach would be RTL SDR and GPIO PIN on raspi (with a good bandpass filter). Frankly I would recommend to use a MiniCUL in combination with FHEM (for both reverse engineering and sending). This was way simpler and more stable. Integration via MQTT into OH is straight forward (you can find all relevant information in the repo above).

Thanks.

Not having looked into FHEM so far at all: Is FHEM required? Or is there a way to use OH to send the commands, once they’ve been reverse engineered.

The reason for me asking: For me it’s “just” one ceiling lamp, and I’d like to avoid installing another home automation stack just for that purpose.

Couldnt an RFXTRX be used here? Good OH integration and it should be able to pickup the signals that remote is sending